• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Me Too" Judge Roy Moore

Oh, there are specific allegations of pedophilia leveled against Trump.

Trump supporters got her to drop the charges by intimidating her with anonymous death threats, remember? That's why I'm curious to find out just how many of them are pro-pedophilia.

You are correct! I had forgotten about that one in the avalanche of Trump crimes... yet 30+% in this country still support and defend him. Sickening. But that explains who is still defending/supporting Roy Moore, too.

The deplorables.

In other words, the deplorables are letting the whole world know why they deserve the moniker.

In other news, a man spent five years in jail for doing less than Roy Moore is accused of doing. Good thing for Republicans that we're ignoring the Magna Carta now.
I'm curious why this stuff didn't matter while running for the Supreme Court in Alabama. All of a sudden, because it is the US Senate, these women come forward? The Republicans don't want this guy in office... didn't even before they made this public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

Ephebophilia
is the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.[1] The term was originally used in the late 19th to mid 20th century.[1] It is one of a number of sexual preferences across age groups subsumed under the technical term chronophilia. Ephebophilia strictly denotes the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction.
-----

Now we know. Roy Moore is an effing ephie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

Ephebophilia
is the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.[1] The term was originally used in the late 19th to mid 20th century.[1] It is one of a number of sexual preferences across age groups subsumed under the technical term chronophilia. Ephebophilia strictly denotes the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction.
-----

Now we know. Roy Moore is an effing ephie.

That I will agree with.

However, from an appearance standpoint that's what most men prefer. If you care about them as a person, though, older men will find such women very immature and want someone older.

You are correct! I had forgotten about that one in the avalanche of Trump crimes... yet 30+% in this country still support and defend him. Sickening. But that explains who is still defending/supporting Roy Moore, too.

The deplorables.

In other words, the deplorables are letting the whole world know why they deserve the moniker.

In other news, a man spent five years in jail for doing less than Roy Moore is accused of doing. Good thing for Republicans that we're ignoring the Magna Carta now.
I'm curious why this stuff didn't matter while running for the Supreme Court in Alabama. All of a sudden, because it is the US Senate, these women come forward? The Republicans don't want this guy in office... didn't even before they made this public.

OK, I guess you've been living under a rock.

See, there's this guy named Donald Trump. He got elected despite allegations of child molestation and boasting about pussy grabbing. This made a lot of women angry and resulted in giant protests that featured adorable pink hats that trigger every right wingnut who sees them.

Then we found out that FOX News was pretty much a nest of constant harassment and settled harassment lawsuits. Both execute Roger Ailes and star personality Bildo O'Reilly lost their jobs in the ensuing brouhaha. Pretty much any female you ever saw on FOX News probably slept with an old ugly guy to get their jobs.

Then there was this guy named Harvey Weinstein who apparently was a serial molester/harasser, and his behavior was an open secret in Hollywood. A lot of women decided that enough was enough and started the #metoo campaign.

Since the "me too" thing started, there has been a flood of allegations. We now have an environment in which women have an expectation that their accusations will actually be listened to. So pretty much anyone who was ever assaulted or molested or harrassed by a public figure is airing their grievances in public right now.

So that is why we are seeing the allegations now. Prior to the "me too" thing, women didn't come forward because they knew they would be ignored or worse attacked simply for making the allegations. Some even feared possible career consequences, so they felt it was best to not tell anyone about what happened to them. So that's why many women remained silent up until recently.

Did that clear everything up? Believe it or not, this is not part of a sinister conspiracy to unfairly bash innocent child molesters.

As a woman, I find Derec's comments very disturbing. While I am an older woman, I remember very well what it meant to be a 14 year old girl. Just because a 14 year old is experiencing physical and hormonal changes, doesn't mean she is an adult. She is not mature emotionally or intellectually. If I was confronted by a 32 year old man, who held a powerful position in my community ( assistant DA ) I can only imagine how threatened and scared I would feel if I was just 14.. When I was 14, I was very innocent and naive, certainly not capable of knowing what to do if confronted with the situation that this woman had to deal with when she was just a child of 14. Just because a girl looks like a woman, doesn't mean she is a woman.

And it doesn't matter what they do or did in other cultures past and present. Historically women were treated as chattel, with little say in regards to who they could marry or have a relationship with. We're not talking about other cultures or the past. We're talking about something recent historically, something that decent people would not find acceptable.

Nobody is trying to send Moore to prison for this violation of the law since it was 38 years ago. His actions just say a lot about his character. He wasn't an immature teenager when he sexually intimidated the girl. He was a grown man who held a powerful position in his community. This is just one more piece of evidence that he doesn't have the character to serve in as a Senator.

It's one thing to talk about the actions of two immature teenagers, but this was a grown man who knew better, forcing himself on a young, inexperienced girl, who most of us would consider to be a child. Perhaps we should ask the parents of 14 year old girls how they would feel if their daughters were victims of this man's predatory behavior.
Cannot rep this enough. As the mother of 4 daughters (two of whom are 14 & 15 right now), I can attest to everything written here.

As a 15 year old, I was approached by a neighbor....a friend of my father's. He gave me wine....treated me like an 'adult'. Groomed me....and yes, it was flattering to be told how beautiful I was. Until he followed me in the house and put his hand down my swimsuit. Till he whipped his cock out and started masturbating in my kitchen. All the while telling me that "this is what I did to HIM! To HIM!!!!" This married, father of two girls (whom I babysat for) was assaulting me and I didn't know what to do. I laughed...you know that uncomfortable "oh fuck" laugh - and just like the kid with Moore just 'wanted it to be over'.

Oh and I never told anyone then. I convinced myself it was my fault. I giggled. I accepted the wine. I was sure my Dad would be mad at me.......all childish immature rationalizations. Found out years later he molested my sister too. Probably others. None of them ever told.

As a woman, I find Derec's comments very disturbing. While I am an older woman, I remember very well what it meant to be a 14 year old girl. Just because a 14 year old is experiencing physical and hormonal changes, doesn't mean she is an adult. She is not mature emotionally or intellectually. If I was confronted by a 32 year old man, who held a powerful position in my community ( assistant DA ) I can only imagine how threatened and scared I would feel if I was just 14.. When I was 14, I was very innocent and naive, certainly not capable of knowing what to do if confronted with the situation that this woman had to deal with when she was just a child of 14. Just because a girl looks like a woman, doesn't mean she is a woman.

And it doesn't matter what they do or did in other cultures past and present. Historically women were treated as chattel, with little say in regards to who they could marry or have a relationship with. We're not talking about other cultures or the past. We're talking about something recent historically, something that decent people would not find acceptable.

Nobody is trying to send Moore to prison for this violation of the law since it was 38 years ago. His actions just say a lot about his character. He wasn't an immature teenager when he sexually intimidated the girl. He was a grown man who held a powerful position in his community. This is just one more piece of evidence that he doesn't have the character to serve in as a Senator.

It's one thing to talk about the actions of two immature teenagers, but this was a grown man who knew better, forcing himself on a young, inexperienced girl, who most of us would consider to be a child. Perhaps we should ask the parents of 14 year old girls how they would feel if their daughters were victims of this man's predatory behavior.
Cannot rep this enough. As the mother of 4 daughters (two of whom are 14 & 15 right now), I can attest to everything written here.

As a 15 year old, I was approached by a neighbor....a friend of my father's. He gave me wine....treated me like an 'adult'. Groomed me....and yes, it was flattering to be told how beautiful I was. Until he followed me in the house and put his hand down my swimsuit. Till he whipped his cock out and started masturbating in my kitchen. All the while telling me that "this is what I did to HIM! To HIM!!!!" This married, father of two girls (whom I babysat for) was assaulting me and I didn't know what to do. I laughed...you know that uncomfortable "oh fuck" laugh - and just like the kid with Moore just 'wanted it to be over'.

Oh and I never told anyone then. I convinced myself it was my fault. I giggled. I accepted the wine. I was sure my Dad would be mad at me.......all childish immature rationalizations. Found out years later he molested my sister too. Probably others. None of them ever told.

I'm still floored that we still have to have a debate about whether or not child molestation is wrong. I thought we settled this matter during the Catholic priest controversy. It sounded like everyone had unequivocally decided that any kind of sexual contact with a child is wrong.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's only bad when people from certain religions do it. Because right now conservatives are making all of the same excuses we once heard from Catholics. Every fucking one, including stupid conspiracy theories and blaming the victim.

I'm still floored that we still have to have a debate about whether or not child molestation is wrong. I thought we settled this matter during the Catholic priest controversy. It sounded like everyone had unequivocally decided that any kind of sexual contact with a child is wrong.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's only bad when people from certain religions do it. Because right now conservatives are making all of the same excuses we once heard from Catholics. Every fucking one, including stupid conspiracy theories and blaming the victim.
Right? I just don't get it.

Right? I just don't get it.

Old habits die hard.
The south (especially) has rich traditions of suppression (traditions of suppression by the rich) - rich white women were suppressed by rich white men, poor white men were suppressed by rich white men and women, poor white women were suppressed by rich and poor white men, and black people were suppressed by everyone else. Unless you were black, you had someone to suppress. That made it all good (unless you were black). Now these carpetbaggers want to upset the applecart, and not only protect black people from suppression, but let women - WOMEN! - stand up to men - even WHITE men! In the minds of the faithful-to-southern-tradition, that's just unnatural and WRONG. The ability to suppress someone else is their HERITAGE, dammit!

I am so sorry! I didn't realize that Roy Moore has already served a prison sentence for what he did to the 14-year old girl!
Serving a prison sentence or not has fuck-all to do with how what people did in late 70s and early 80s reflects on their character today.

in the late 70s he was a district attorney, and allegedly breaking the age of consent laws with one girl, sexual assault laws with another, and age of legality for alcohol consumption with others. So he was doubly at fault, and--if true--he needs to do some splaining about why he is now ethical enough to hold any elected office. And then there's the hypocrisy of this dude who has used attacks on others' sexual or gender non-conformity to build a political career.

The deplorables.

I think part of it is that the tide is shifting wrt rape culture. It will be 2 steps forward, 1 step back, but it has been happening for a little while now. (See Bill Cosby)

There other part is that Roy Moore is now running for office at a national level. Even though it is still the people of Alabama who will vote him it (or not), the entire country is paying attention to the race because he will be going to Washington.

Back
Top Bottom