• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Melania Plagiarizes Michelle

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
WTF? Yesterday I heard that Melania had spent 6 weeks with a team of speech writers creating her speech for the convention. She ends up quoting Michelle Obama almost word-for-word ... how much of that time was spent copying Mrs Obama's speech from 2008?

Incredible.

Discuss.

I'd like to see the invoices for a lot of republican activity lately. I really think the consultants and operatives are bilking someone...charging a lot of money for services, and slapping something together at the last minute. Take Paul Ryan's healthcare alternative as another example.

Trump campaign denies. Blames Clinton.

Benghazi!!!!!
Actually the Trump campaign can't agree who wrote the speech. Though Manafort did then blame Clinton for raising the plagiarism... that she actually didn't comment on herself.

Well of course it is Hillary's fault!

Melania plagiarized a speech written by Michelle Obama with Sarah Hurwitz. Sarah Hurwitz used to be one of Hillary Clinton's speechwriters. We didn't even need to get to 6 degrees of separation to blame it on HRC ;)

Although Melania's plagiarism is actually the least offensive thing about Donald Trump's campaign, I do have to say that I think it is absolutely hilarious that Republicans at the convention cheered for words written for/by/about Michelle Obama. And I think it is even funnier the butthurt tone so many of them are taking on Twitter this morning. :hysterical:

I thought that the most powerful moment of her speech was when she was talking about her experiences growing up as an immigrant and she drew the analogy that her ancestors didn't so much land on Plymouth Rock, but Plymouth Rock landed on them.

I thought that the most powerful moment of her speech was when she was talking about her experiences growing up as an immigrant and she drew the analogy that her ancestors didn't so much land on Plymouth Rock, but Plymouth Rock landed on them.

Way too subtle for the Trump crowd :p

- - - Updated - - -

I think the best part is when she RickRolled them:

Melania said:
He will never give up. And most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.

:lol:

Well of course it is Hillary's fault!

Melania plagiarized a speech written by Michelle Obama with Sarah Hurwitz. Sarah Hurwitz used to be one of Hillary Clinton's speechwriters. We didn't even need to get to 6 degrees of separation to blame it on HRC ;)

Although Melania's plagiarism is actually the least offensive thing about Donald Trump's campaign, I do have to say that I think it is absolutely hilarious that Republicans at the convention cheered for words written for/by/about Michelle Obama. And I think it is even funnier the butthurt tone so many of them are taking on Twitter this morning. :hysterical:

Right now this story is second only to Pokemon Go in entertainment value.

I was curious how conservatives, both the more media-prominent ones as well as the more everyday standard ones, would react to this matter and even try to somehow blame it on liberals, like they do for most things. Lo and behold, I went to a right-wing forum and saw several of them condemning the media over all this. They pointed out how one network showed video clips of both speeches given, to see the similarities and the plagiarism between them, and these right-wingers then attributed the appearance of plagiarism to a fancy video editing technique. Wow.....DENIAL to a massive degree. They also ranted about how liberals have their panties in a wad about this whole matter.

Can you imagine them saying something like that if it was a left-winger who was similarly caught plagiarizing? Simply amazing the depths their biases go to, and how the human mind works (or fails to).

Brian

Way too subtle for the Trump crowd :p

- - - Updated - - -

Melania said:

Melanoma better hope Donald never runs around and hurts her.

He doesn't have a good track record on that however.

Melania said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I am beginning to wonder if there was any part of her speech that wasn't cribbed from someone else.

WTF? Yesterday I heard that Melania had spent 6 weeks with a team of speech writers creating her speech for the convention. She ends up quoting Michelle Obama almost word-for-word ... how much of that time was spent copying Mrs Obama's speech from 2008?

Incredible.

Discuss.

Hey, only a few words were exactly the same. Why denigrate all the words in her speech based on just a few? #notallwords

And now Hannity is claiming Obama did it, too...

http://www.hannity.com/articles/han...ma-was-busted-plagiarizing-governor-14922331/

I actually don't feel like giving him the satisfaction of clicking, so, if someone will just go read that for me, I'd appreciate it.

That's fine. Just so long as the conversation for this news cycle is focusing on who plagiarized who, it keeps the focus on how the GOP convention fucked up over this point. Trump running a poor convention with lots of negative coverage of his mistakes helps to mitigate any potential bounce he'd get from the convention and helps keep donors far away from him.

I assume. I'm also not clicking the link and giving Hannity more traffic.

Could be a deliberate sabotage because there was apparently a Rick Roll line included in the speech. Does Hillary have a mole in RNC speechwriting corps?
Cns0aEJXEAASoYL.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom