• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

You know, you need some new material. This shitz old!

That is the first time I’ve ever posted any such thing here. And you didn’t address the fact that you were stuffing a strawman. No one here has argued that some average Joe going to Russia in itself is a reason to be investigated.

That is the first time I’ve ever posted any such thing here. And you didn’t address the fact that you were stuffing a strawman. No one here has argued that some average Joe going to Russia in itself is a reason to be investigated.

We've dated before. I thought you knew that. I realize this is probably going to turn into a funfest but read post 1251

This is obviously a conspiracy by the FBI to enforce the law! How dare they? Don't those stupid law enforcement people know Donald Trump is a white Republican? Do they not understand what their job is supposed to be? [/conservolibertarian]

The good news: Trump is providing lots of material for comedians
The bad news: the whole world knows that America is now a banana republic with no regard for the rule of law

Of course it's not, therefore the FBI has no case, therefore Trump is obviously being persecuted by a vast conspiracy run by the lizard people who secretly control the Deep State! They're just trying to distract us all from the Benghazi investigation, which would certainly have exposed the lizard people and that child sex ring they were running in the basement of that pizza restaurant!!!!!

You're obviously working with the lizard people! Admit it! [/conservolibertarian]

Of course those meeting are, but the fact that Trump (or you) have been to Russia should not be in itself an excuse to investigate a person for collusion.

That’s some odd straw you’re stuffing.

Poster also knows perfectly well that Trump is not under investigation for having visited Russia. He is under investigation for what he is alleged to have done on those visits.

As for myself, I never got any loans from Russians or tried to broker financial deals. The only time I almost got in trouble was when I tried to jaywalk on my first day in Moscow but managed to run away when a traffic cop spotted me and tried to get me to come over. After that, I went on to take a couple of tourist photos of the harbors in Yalta and Odessa. Under Soviet law, taking those pictures was forbidden, even though one could buy postcards with the same views. These incidents are probably all recorded in the thick KGB file on my illegal activities.

ETA: Oh, wait. I just remembered that I had this photo taken of me, because I wanted pictures of some Red Army soldiers. (Totally illegal.)

lenin-tomb-1965.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What is your profession? Since you brought it up

I didn't bring up my profession. I have done stand up at a comedy club, since you brought it up. You're being unintentionally funny.
So your "pro tip" about cops is that you're a comedian? Now that is funny. Was it intentional?

"Pro tip" is a colloquialism. You should look that up.

We've dated before.

Beg pardon? Do you mean from some other board?

I thought you knew that.

How would I know that? Your name is deliberately generic.

I realize this is probably going to turn into a funfest but read post 1251

What about it? It’s Copernicus responding to you responding to Ford.

I couldn't agree more, however, it's going to take a much better candidate than the democratic party put up last time. I voted Stein last election and I'll do so again unless....And I'm not alone.

We need a democratic nominee that, among other things, genuinely hates war, abandons this neocon regime change doctrine, will reschedule marijuana, cut the defense budget and hold the intelligence community accountable. Obama was a failure in every one of those categories and HRC would have been just as bad, if not worse.

- - - Updated - - -

See there you go again doing what I called out a page ago... you DO seem to KNOW that Trump is the victim of a witch hunt, because he says so, but somehow you don't know if a raid that was justified by our legal system was actually justified.

That is your selective reasoning working against your ability to form rational opinions.
If agreeing with you and the rest of your tribe is rational, then no thanks!

agreement? with what? the face-value facts? You are welcome to your opinion, and some people may even welcome your opinion. You, however, and no one else either, is entitled to their own facts... like the fact that "entrapment" does not mean what you say that you think it means, for example.

Furthermore, rejection of an opinion because of the "tribe" it comes from, and not on the merit of the position, is yet another level of conversive disability.

After the Cohen raid, Trump tweeted out that the "attorney-client privilege is dead." Preet Bharara, whom Trump had summarily fired from the job of chief prosecutor for the Southern District of New York, returned with the tweet "Long live the crime-fraud exception." That refers to the legal exception to attorney-client privilege: it "involves communications in furtherance of a contemplated or ongoing crime or fraud."

See Preet Bharara to Trump: 'Long live the crime-fraud exception'

After the Cohen raid, Trump tweeted out that the "attorney-client privilege is dead." Preet Bharara, whom Trump had summarily fired from the job of chief prosecutor for the Southern District of New York, returned with the tweet "Long live the crime-fraud exception." That refers to the legal exception to attorney-client privilege: it "involves communications in furtherance of a contemplated or ongoing crime or fraud."

See Preet Bharara to Trump: 'Long live the crime-fraud exception'

Nice. :)

Believe me, you've made me laugh plenty of times.

In other news, Cohen is already kissing FBI ass.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/politics/michael-cohen-fbi-raid/index.html

When I first heard that my thought was that the FBI found some embarrassing (but not illegal) material in his hotel room (his permanent hotel room - wtf with that?), and asked him if maybe he would like to say something nice. heh.

Not at all surprising after watching his thug posturing and threats on TV. He broadcasted "I'm a coward at heart."

Back
Top Bottom