• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

My experiences that suggest an intelligent force exists

It says it was founded in September 1996 - a few months before the ad. Also sometimes Lucent was based in 666 Fifth Avenue New York.

I'm just saying that Lucent seemed to have an interest in Dante's poems (including the Lucifer character). I also found their technology to be very ahead of its time and if I hadn't had come across that ad it probably would have never been as well known as it is now.
Lots of technocrats like to play the lightbringer/Satan side.

It's a psychological tactic for when they have control over directional sound, illusions, etc.... but still live in a natural world that requires people to work.

So they make it appear as if there is a great war going on for your soul, when really, it's just to beat you into submission so that you'll work for them, while they live the good life. It's not even necessary. They can just torture you psychologically while you're young to make you a slave when you're older (like they did to me). Don't even have to play the God card. That's just to get you to feel a bit more like "fuck, what if there is some being that needs my help!"

I've been tortured (psychologically- doesn't leave a mark) for a large portion of my life, and used for parts of it, with the intent of forcing me into permanent servitude so douchebags like Keith and other corrupt douchebag service members can live the easy, good life in their latter years. I'm trained in about everything necessary to make things nice for the douchebag class. Need to OD on heroine so I can avoid it. But that's not going to happen.

Threaten people with young military, live the good life when you're old military. It's the US military's way Corrupt pieces of shit, through and through. Join, and maybe be a slave master, or serve serve serve for your whole life. On the bottom.

Every single US military vet and active member is a piece of shit.

Well, that would be an important detail in deciding if he's just humoring you. He might have thought it was a message from a guardian angel, or a deceased relative, or maybe he thought it was a meaningless coincidence but if it brought YOU to God, all the better.
I told him that other pastors thought it was just an accident and he didn't agree with that. I don't believe in angels but they are known as God's messengers (they can give messages from God) Another possibility is that it is a special force within a simulation (perhaps involving an AI) or a retrocausal intelligence (a bit like in the Interstellar movie - except it could involve an AI)

I mean it doesn't make sense that a human working for the printer ...
Yeah, that's not the ONLY OTHER explanation that may have been in this discussion.
Either it involved some kind of intelligent force (including a human working for the printer) or it is just an accident with no real purpose.

.....When I think of messages from God, I think of Paul's vision on the road to Damascus.
That could have been a hallucination - after all I think people next to him were unable to see it. What happened to me was NOT a hallucination.

Something absolutely beyond the possibility of meaningless coincidence. Casting a tarot fortune and every card turning up as the 6 of Swords, say.
A more unlikely thing is winning the lottery multiple times:
https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/76987/lottery-jackpot-winners-who-won-more-than-once
I don't think there was an intelligent force involved.

....Something that COULD be as simple as the QA inspector had a fight with her boyfriend last night and she's continuing the argument in her head, that's not much in the way of divine attention.
You're saying that it was just an accident. The connect 4 thing could just be an accident. But it is highly unlikely that it would have 2 missing red pieces and 2 extra yellow pieces - and even more unlikely that I'd come across the set on the first time I counted them due to the fact that according to a sci-fi comedy that the number just happens to be the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. The 6 of swords isn't really as important as that.... and the book problem was to do with God's (non-infallible) word and me doing something kind of occult activity. I think I got the idea from a mental ward patient - she had an upside down cross on her clothes and she said that in a Mormon church they do hand-stands - so then I guess the cross is the right way up. But she probably was making that up. Earlier she had told me she only knew black magick and not white magick - her sister though does white magick but keeps on having problems with her teeth - she seemed to think the two were connected. I also was reading chapter 6's in the Bible.

Last edited:
My special Bible actually has more issues than the cover being attached upside down -

The red text in Revelation is often significantly lighter than the red text in the gospels - it is more noticeable in real life - if you zoom in on the photos it is pretty noticeable:

https://sky-walker.net/temp/test2/red2.jpg

https://sky-walker.net/temp/test2/red3.jpg

In Revelation the black text is dark, but some parts in the Old Testament have lighter blacks:

https://sky-walker.net/temp/test2/black1.jpg

When the problems seem unconnected like this it becomes a lot more unlikely - e.g. if 1 in 1000 Bibles are covered upside down and 1 in 10 have problems with the print darkness, that would happen 1 in 10,000 times.... I don't see why Bibles covered upside down would be more likely to have problems with the print darkness.

You're saying that it was just an accident.
No, that's not what I am saying.
The connect 4 thing could just be an accident. But it is highly unlikely that it would have 2 missing red pieces and 2 extra yellow pieces - and even more unlikely that I'd come across the set on the first time I counted them due to the fact that according to a sci-fi comedy that the number just happens to be the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
But how are you assessing unlikeliness? What are you comparing it to? How many Connect 4 boxes have you examined? Just how stringent is their QA?
The 6 of swords isn't really as important as that....
Sez you. After 20 years on subs, 16 patrols, a 'journey by water' card can be very significant.

But that's just me. How much of your assessment is 'just you?'

In the latter scenario, I told people on Facebook, messageboards and church about my Bible. When it was in person I'd hand them the Bible and say that it was special and I wanted them to check it out. I'd say that I didn't think it was just a meaningless printing issue even though they often thought that. (then I'd also show them a photo of the connect four set).

I bought two “Kansas” albums. The first hd the labels on the wrong side of the record. The side that said “A” was actualy “B”. Then I got anoher album. Would you believe that the record had the “A” label on both sides?

It’s amazing. I never once thought that it was a god talking to me, of course, but I was sure I was going to get some excellent collector item dollars for them.

(I never did, I played the albums regularly, and finally sold them 30+ years later to a guy who was impressed at their excellent condition but didn’t care about the labels at all)

I bought two “Kansas” albums. The first hd the labels on the wrong side of the record. The side that said “A” was actualy “B”. Then I got anoher album. Would you believe that the record had the “A” label on both sides?
Seaman Sharpe! Known thru the command as Not-so.
Went to back up our targeting to a tape, somehow managed to copy the blank side of the tape onto the previous backup on the other side of the same tape. Twice. Third time, he copied the blank side onto the hard drive, erasing all targeting.

I did not kniw he went to work for MCA after he got out....

Went to back up our targeting to a tape, somehow managed to copy the blank side of the tape onto the previous backup on the other side of the same tape. Twice. Third time, he copied the blank side onto the hard drive, erasing all targeting.

I thought I had read the entire set of Bernard Cornwell's 'Sharpe' novels, but Sharpe's Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles isn't one I remember.

Though I reckon there's an excellent fan-fic opportunity there. Some kind of crossover with The Hunt for Red October.

One of Bonaparte's naval captains (with an inexplicable Scottish accent) tries to defect to the British with his high-tech submersible...

I thought I had read the entire set of Bernard Cornwell's 'Sharpe' novels, but Sharpe's Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles isn't one I remember.

Though I reckon there's an excellent fan-fic opportunity there. Some kind of crossover with The Hunt for Red October.
i would think more, Sharpe finds a brother he never knew, a naval rating.
Maybe Two years before the mast

... because he was too stupid to find the stern half of the ship...

You're saying that it was just an accident.
No, that's not what I am saying.
Either it was done on purpose including through a non-human intelligent force or it was an accident.

But how are you assessing unlikeliness? What are you comparing it to? How many Connect 4 boxes have you examined?
This many:
https://sky-walker.net/temp/connect4s.jpg

Note that I started looking for more cases of this issue while I was in hospital - it was my parent's fault that many of these aren't genuine Hasbro Connect Four sets. I was sure that I'd find the wrong number of pieces in another set. The reason was that I thought that maybe they are "in" on the 42 joke and so they put a special number in at least some versions of the set. The set I checked first had prime numbers of pieces (19 and 23). Also note that when I was manic I was spending huge amounts of money and now I'm quite broke so I can't really afford to buy many more connect 4 sets. People have no problem with believing my NIV Bible is an accident - but like I said my pastor didn't believe that the set could have had that many pieces on its own - he thought two sets got mixed up.

Yesterday I finally came across a Connect 4 picture with the wrong number of pieces:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Wooden-Indoor-Outdoor-Connect-120x109cm/dp/B07QNNPT9B

Note it says there are meant to be 21 yellow and 21 red pieces.

In this photo there are 18 yellow and 24 red:

https://sky-walker.net/temp/connect4-big1.png

In this photo there are 20 yellow and 22 red:

https://sky-walker.net/temp/connect4-big2.png

This is obviously due to multiple sets being mixed up. Also in my case there were 2 prime numbers (19 and 23) which is more special.

Just how stringent is their QA?
That's what I was wondering. I'd assume it would be at least as good as Lego:
https://www.quora.com/How-often-do-LEGO-sets-come-with-missing-pieces
which has missing parts less than about 1% of the time. But even the non-genuine versions of connect 4 had the correct number of pieces. (though on the other hand Lepin [counterfeit Lego] has piece problems quite often)

The 6 of swords isn't really as important as that....
Sez you. After 20 years on subs, 16 patrols, a 'journey by water' card can be very significant.
Ok I thought your example was just an example of something meaningless.

...How much of your assessment is 'just you?'
I'm not sure what you mean

In the latter scenario, I told people on Facebook, messageboards and church about my Bible. When it was in person I'd hand them the Bible and say that it was special and I wanted them to check it out. I'd say that I didn't think it was just a meaningless printing issue even though they often thought that. (then I'd also show them a photo of the connect four set).

Those two problems are closely related - I don't think that is the case for what I described in post #205.

It’s amazing. I never once thought that it was a god talking to me,..
In my examples it involves "God's word" and the meaning of life so they are closely related to "God" in my view.

Those two problems are closely related - I don't think that is the case for what I described in post #205.

Are you kidding!? I bought them a year apart, and little me got both of them!?
And this was in the 1970s, so there was no compute programmed distribution.

So something unlikely happened to you twice but for you it has no significant metaphysical meaning.

So something unlikely happened to you twice but for you it has no significant metaphysical meaning.

Millions of things happen in any person's lifetime. If a few million to one chances didn't happen, that would be surprising.

That’s a big 10-4, good buddy.

Also, that is not even the most unlikely thing that has happened to me. Unlikely things happen to me all the time, most of them favorable. I’m incredibly lucky.

Apparently god really hates Kansas and was trying his best to fuck up their album sales. Sorta a pitiful attempt but then, in the long run, he seems to have succeeded since Kansas hasn't produced a new album for a long time now.

Apparently god really hates Kansas and was trying his best to fuck up their album sales. Sorta a pitiful attempt but then, in the long run, he seems to have succeeded since Kansas hasn't produced a new album for a long time now.

And even these guys aren't in Kansas anymore:

IMG_4233.JPG

....Your bible was not misprinted or printed upside down. I used to work in printing. Upside down covers happen now and again because it's largely an automated process and if a cover runs through the machines upside down then it's going to get "bound" ("glued") to the text upside down. What'd be unusual is if this didn't happen to some books. It's not uncommon. It merely got past the quality control.
abaddon
Hi I'd really like to hear what you say about this....

it seems my Bible was actually misprinted: (see post #205)

some pages with red that is too light:
https://sky-walker.net/temp/test2/red2.jpg
https://sky-walker.net/temp/test2/red3.jpg

a page where the black is too light:
https://sky-walker.net/temp/test2/black1.jpg

Also today I went to a second-hand book shop. They had a tiny Gideon's Bible which said "this book not to be sold" (sic) so I got it for free.

There are 10 double pages spread through out that Bible that have a different font to the main font to the rest of the Bible.

https://sky-walker.net/temp/test2/gideons1.jpg

I was wondering if you could explain why that font is only involving double pages - not single pages

Either it was done on purpose including through a non-human intelligent force or it was an accident.
Right. But you interpret me as saying it WAS an accident, when i am really saying that you have not yet excluded an accident.
ONor have you excluded an intelligence who is not supernatural. Maybe someone caught the mistake, but chose to let it ship.
But how are you assessing unlikeliness? What are you comparing it to? How many Connect 4 boxes have you examined?
This many:
https://sky-walker.net/temp/connect4s.jpg
Uh huh... and how many does Hasbro sell every year?
Ok I thought your example was just an example of something meaningless.
Well, yeah, it is meaningless to you. Although i would guess that finding 76 of them in a deck might catch your attention, anyway.
But the thing us, when you say 'Prime numbers are more special' you gotta ask, is that special an objective fact, or entirely in your head?

Last week i ran out of Labetalol and called my pharmacy for a refill. They called back to say they were out, and the drug was on order. I had enough to last until Tuesday, then forgot about it. Yesterday, i came home from work. Took my afternoon meds and asked my wife, 'i don't suppose Wal-Mart called about my Prescription?' She pointed out that she would certainly have told me if they had.
Just then thphone rang, Wal-Mart's automated announcement that my drugs were in.
So, am i psychic, or was it just a coincidence?
Gotta figure if it was my pschic powers, they would have kicked in as i left work, since that was about half a mile from the pharmacy, home is clear on the opp side of town....

Back
Top Bottom