• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Parents Of School Shooter Charged

Someone was talking about the parents this morning after the news of their arrest came out. I said they were Trump supporters. I was askeds to explain. I said, "Their son had been arrested for a serious crime. When they realized they could be blamed, they abandoned him and ran away.

If poor judgment and impaired impulse control is linked to a recessive gene, it's obvious that both his parents are carriers of that gene.

Here is info on Jennifer Crumbley's open letter to Trump:
“Mr. Trump, I actually love that you are a bad public speaker because that showed sincerity, and humility,” she wrote. “You changed your mind, and you said ‘so what.’ You made the famous ‘grab them in the pussy’ comment, did it offend me? No. I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always. Do I agree that you should of [sic] shown your tax returns? No. I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes, I think those are personal and if the Gov’t can lock someone up over $10,000 of unpaid taxes and you slipped on by, then that shows the corruption.”

Crumbley went on to tell Trump that she hoped he would “really uncover the politicians for what I believe they really are,” and that he might “shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again.” She was in favor of Trump’s long-promised border wall, and noted that she was “not racist” because her grandfather “came straight off the boat in Italy.”

“As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms,” the letter continued. “Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions. Thank you for respecting that Amendment.”

She complained about parents at other schools where the “kids come from illegal immigrant parents” and “don’t care about learning.”

It was signed, “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.”

Is it just me or that so typical? The kid is obviously a victim of bad genes, just like the parents, who no doubt have inherited the same tendencies. It's a good argument for designer babies and eugenics, not to mention laws based on sanity, not an overactive limbic system.

Someone was talking about the parents this morning after the news of their arrest came out. I said they were Trump supporters. I was askeds to explain. I said, "Their son had been arrested for a serious crime. When they realized they could be blamed, they abandoned him and ran away.

If poor judgment and impaired impulse control is linked to a recessive gene, it's obvious that both his parents are carriers of that gene.

“Mr. Trump, I actually love that you are a bad public speaker because that showed sincerity, and humility,” she wrote. “You changed your mind, and you said ‘so what.’ You made the famous ‘grab them in the pussy’ comment, did it offend me? No. I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always. Do I agree that you should of [sic] shown your tax returns? No. I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes, I think those are personal and if the Gov’t can lock someone up over $10,000 of unpaid taxes and you slipped on by, then that shows the corruption.”

Crumbley went on to tell Trump that she hoped he would “really uncover the politicians for what I believe they really are,” and that he might “shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again.” She was in favor of Trump’s long-promised border wall, and noted that she was “not racist” because her grandfather “came straight off the boat in Italy.”

“As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms,” the letter continued. “Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions. Thank you for respecting that Amendment.”

She complained about parents at other schools where the “kids come from illegal immigrant parents” and “don’t care about learning.”

It was signed, “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.”

Is it just me or that so typical? The kid is obviously a victim of bad genes, just like the parents, who no doubt have inherited the same tendencies. It's a good argument for designer babies and eugenics, not to mention laws based on sanity, not an overactive limbic system.
I do not blame the genetics. I blame the education in bad faith and the failure to judge against it.

Maybe this kid, if raised by non-shitty parents would still be shitty and selfish and a murderer. We can never really know. What we can know is that if not-shitty parents were raising this child, there would have been no firearms purchased for them, and none left where they may easily take them anyway.

There would have been help and identification of the instabilities and maybe even someone there who could walk them through the fact that internally unconstrained goal seeking leads to unwanted and even abjectly shitty external constraints on which goals will even be available to seek at all: many if not all cooperative goals become unattainable when "eliminating cooperation" is considered an acceptable goal, and if someone learns that early enough, even those for whom 'being evil' brings joy and thrill to may come to avert themselves from those forbidden pleasures for the sake and value of everything else that IS cooperative.

Even if everyone is cooperating for purely selfish reasons, as long as the behavior does not damage that, this is entirely the point: mutually non-destructive self-actualization.

Last edited:

It's not genetic. If my father were still living, I'm certain that he would have supported Trump, despite the cognitive dissonance. My father, uncle, and grandfather and many other relatives all were avid hunters, although none, so far as I know, owned anything remotely like a semi-automatic weapon. My father was a strong supporter of gun rights and proudly conservative--and also unashamedly bigoted, although he called his brand 'being realistic' not being racist. My mother was silent on all things political but her stepfather was a member of the Klan (something we did not find out until decades after he had died). She certainly was conservative with regards to women's rights and always tried to steer me into more feminine pursuits.

We grew up in a pretty conservative midwestern state, north of the Mason Dixon line. My sister and I were talking recently about just how many (i.e. almost all) of our former classmates were avid Trump supporters and who were 'not racist but even had black friends.' And wondered how it was that we, raised in very nearly identical circumstances, generally sharing some of the same gene pool as the other kids our age in our corner of the county, all managed to grow up with vastly different viewpoints on almost every single hotbutton issue you can name.

It's not genetic. It's not even 100% how you're raised--although I do strongly credit my father's edict that we should all think for ourselves. So we did. He was surprised at the results but he should not have been. He and my mother strongly valued education and deeply instilled that value into us because they knew how limited their prospects had been because they only went to high school. They wanted more and better for their kids. And so, despite some of the political rhetoric my father spouted, the strong core values of thinking for oneself, obtaining as much education as possible, hard work, and the idea that no one was better than anyone else (contradicted by some of the...political beliefs spouted), won out over the small minded bigotry. So, maybe core values taught at home do matter. But genes don't.

What a dicked up family.

View attachment 36273

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...cture-with-guns-days-after-school-2021-12-05/

Democratic U.S. Representative John Yarmuth, who chairs the U.S. House of Representatives Budget Committee, condemned his fellow Kentuckian's post.
"I promise not everyone in Kentucky is an insensitive asshole."
Two realities about gun ownership from a place of wisdom:

One, it is now the correct thing to own a firearm. I'm not talking a handgun, I'm talking about a weapon of war.

Two, it is never the correct thing to do to publicly and loudly make noise and indication that one is prepared for the advent of the need for defense against protofascist militias. Except in the act of informing good people of sane mind and stout courage do (One).

The parents have responsibility towards abs for their son.
This sentence makes no sense.
"abs" is not a word.
Tom
Thank you. Does the C stand for Clark? My old typing teacher was named Mrs. Clark.

Sorry. Your posts are usually quite precise.

As an oldster, I often find acronyms that I don't recognize in internet posts. That's what it looked like to me. It's not the first time you've posted that. I thought maybe I was being old by not recognizing current slang. It took a while for me to understand "lmao".
Tom

What a dicked up family.

View attachment 36273

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...cture-with-guns-days-after-school-2021-12-05/

Democratic U.S. Representative John Yarmuth, who chairs the U.S. House of Representatives Budget Committee, condemned his fellow Kentuckian's post.
"I promise not everyone in Kentucky is an insensitive asshole."
Please. Gun ownership and school shootings are so prevalent in the US now you could t possibly blame this family for what is clearly a temporal coincidence.

If anything, he should be criticized for how underpowered his wife looks.

That’s a truly disturbing photo.

And you’re right Jarhyn, if it is really for protection - against intruders or tyranny - then only a stupid person would advertise their ownership.

"abs" is not a word.
Tom
Thank you. Does the C stand for Clark? My old typing teacher was named Mrs. Clark.

Sorry. Your posts are usually quite precise.

As an oldster, I often find acronyms that I don't recognize in internet posts. That's what it looked like to me. It's not the first time you've posted that. I thought maybe I was being old by not recognizing current slang. It took a while for me to understand "lmao".
Tom
Thank you for the rather undeserved praise. And from my side, and I hope yours, no harm/no foul. It is often difficult to discern tone and intonation from words ( or jibberish) typed on a screen. We can’t hear the voice or see the smile in the eyes. And it’s not as though I’m never snarky and probably at least once: wrong, although I can’t think of when that would have been…

I hear you re: wondering if something is a new acronym I’ve never heard of. I google a lot, and am sometimes sorry I did.

So no worries on my side….

Fun fact: I learned today:

The building where the parents were totally not hiding out in? It's not a place where you can just walk in the lobby and disappear up a staircase. You don't get in the building without swiping a key card. They had help.

I read the guy that totally didn’t hide the parents who definitely weren’t hiding them had no idea what was going on. And it was just something that happened.

I hear you re: wondering if something is a new acronym I’ve never heard of. I google a lot, and am sometimes sorry I did.

I honestly did Google abs.
The results were mostly really hot pics. But nothing that seemed relevant.

Now, I get advertising for exercise equipment a lot.
Tom

"abs" is not a word.
Tom
It's supposed to be "and". The B and the S are right next to the N and the D on a standard US keyboard.

In other words, her hand slipped one column to the left while typing that. She probably moved her hand for some reason and then put it back in the wrong position. Even with tactile marks on the F and J I have done that sort of thing on occasion and most keyboards don't have those tactile marks.
I have a lot of trouble going from my full size 17" laptop to the keyboard on my much smaller chromebook.

Yup. I'm a quite good typist on my keyboard with it perfectly positioned. Move it ever so slightly and I'm a really shitty typist. And I'm a shitty typist on my laptop--I have a good keyboard stored over in China to use when I'm over there because I care about my keyboard so much.

[off-topic:]
"abs" is not a word.
Tom
It's supposed to be "and". The B and the S are right next to the N and the D on a standard US keyboard.

Nitpick: If the fingers were all off a key, the 'a' would have hit CapsLock and 'and' would change to 'BS', not 'abs.'

Depends on when her hand moved.

"abs" is not a word.
Tom

Nitpick: If the fingers were all off a key, the 'a' would have hit CapsLock and 'and' would change to 'BS', not 'abs.'

On my phone, I type with one finger. I’m pretty fast but my accuracy is the subject of much debate it seems….

"abs" is not a word.
Tom

On my phone, I type with one finger. I’m pretty fast but my accuracy is the subject of much debate it seems….
Oh come on, you have great abs and you should be proud!

"abs" is not a word.
Tom

Oh come on, you have great abs and you should be proud!
I have the abs I’ve earned giving birth four times, living more than six decades, with a mean dark chocolate habit.

Back
Top Bottom