• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paris: Dozens Killed In Terrorist Attack

I guess I don't understand the stretch in logic. They have killed people down the street in the past for drawing cartoons.

It makes sense to blame it on something like retaliation for US drone srikes. But they've killed over cartoons in the past. So there may not be a reason we can understand. In their minds dead babies in drone strikes might be below cartoons of the prophet. Strange people do strange things.

The US terrorist attack of Iraq was terrorism on the large scale where millions were unjustly terrorized for years. The drone strikes are US terrorism on a smaller scale.

But both actions created a lot of terrorists.

I guess I don't understand the stretch in logic. They have killed people down the street in the past for drawing cartoons.

Does it matter?

Nobody is trying to justify these attacks. Nothing can justify them.

But US terrorism is not having a positive effect in this world and it is making the world a less safe place.

It only matters if you want to understand. If they killed because the US killed their young childten, it makes more sense then French cartoonists mocking their prophet. They've historically killed for both.

I'm more scared of the second since there is not much logic involved with killing people and blowing yourself up over a cartoon.

It only matters if you want to understand. If they killed because the US killed their young childten, it makes more sense then French cartoonists mocking their prophet. They've historically killed for both.

I'm more scared of the second since there is not much logic involved with killing people and blowing yourself up over a cartoon.

It is easier to find people to kill over cartoons after you terrorize kill and torture.

Yes, god forbid the West ever pay for it's crimes.

Oh, fuck off already.

No you fuck off.

You and all the people who are responsible for all this violence. The people who supported the US terrorist invasion of Iraq and the terrorist drone campaign.

And what will you assholes call for now.

More violence.

Wow. Have we established who actually did this and why?

And wow! The hate on both "sides" I see here. Knock it off folks. Time will reveal the story.

I am most shocked by the senseless killing.

The question is; How many Muslims are terrorists because of harm done to them or people they care about by the US or some other Western power?
Do you know any?

The Charlie Hebdo shooters for example were disenfranchised French muslims, who were never harmed by the US. The terrorists do have pasts, but usually it's that of being brainwashed than being victim of US aggression in Middle East.

Why not. Everyone is saying they attacked France because of US policy. When they have historically attacked France because they publish cartoons mocking their prophet.

I guess somehow, it makes sense to assume new attacks are proxy attacks against the US and not based on past attacks on France.

I think it might be also because the West is a monolithic entity to them like Islam is a monolithic entity to us.

Enough to cause mayhem whenever there are significant number of Muslims: Israel, India, Europe, US, Indonesia, etc.
The European countries with the highest percentage of Muslims are, in this order, Kosovo (close to 90%), Albania (around 60%), Bosnia-Herzegovina (40%), Macedonia (30%), Montenegro (19%), Bulgaria (13%). There have been wars in Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina within my lifetime, but the general consensus seems to be that they were instigated by Serb nationalists (i.e. anti-Muslim bigots like you); Albania is pretty fucked up too, and probably one of the two poorest countries in Europe (alongside Moldavia), but it was mostly fucked up by a dictatorship eccentric even by the standards of realsoc dictatorships, and one that had proudly declared Albania to be the world's first atheist nation. Macedonia has seen comparatively lower levels of interethnic violence, mostly as a spillover from the Kosovo conflict, but the ideology of the perpetrators was one of nationalism, not religious fundamentalism. The others are basically regular (South-)Eastern European countries - poor by Western standards and with significant levels of government corruption, but religious extremism isn't what holds them back. So tell me again how "[There are enough Muslim terrorists] to cause mayhem whenever there are significant number of Muslims: (...) Europe (...) etc."

The question is; How many Muslims are terrorists because of harm done to them or people they care about by the US or some other Western power?
Do you know any?

The Charlie Hebdo shooters for example were disenfranchised French muslims, who were never harmed by the US. The terrorists do have pasts, but usually it's that of being brainwashed than being victim of US aggression in Middle East.

The double standards are nauseating.

One has absolutely no right to complain about innocents being killed in France unless one complains loudly about all the innocents killed by the US all the time.

And of course France has it's own history of abuse of Muslims in Algeria.

But your response is an evasion.

People like to cry about how 911 changed the world. Pure nonsense. Nothing changed. The US was still full of a bunch of ignorant psychopaths.

What changed the world was the US terrorist attack of Iraq.

It replaced Hussein with ISIS.

That is the good work all the US violence did. But of course the ignorant psychopaths remain so there will be nothing but calls for more violence.

"So France will be pitiless in its response to the Islamic State militants," he said, vowing to "use all means within the law.. on every battleground here and abroad together with our allies".

And so it goes.

"So France will be pitiless in its response to the Islamic State militants," he said, vowing to "use all means within the law.. on every battleground here and abroad together with our allies".

And so it goes.
iSIS wants western enemies. It's getting them.

People have never been killed for 'drawing cartoons'. They have been killed for deliberately and pointlessly insulting other people's religion, as you know. If someone kicks you in the balls, laddie, you will have objections. Think on!

And winning in the past is why our genetic material is here. We have been genocidal motherfuckers since at least chimpanzee (or similar) times. Accept it as reality, so when you see it you are not shocked.

Hitler, Pol Pot.... We all can go into a killing frenzy against other tribes. And the ones ready to kill right away instead of feeling guilty about it survived.

We're here because of fucking. Despite Hitleer, Pol pot, et al.

And winning in the past is why our genetic material is here. We have been genocidal motherfuckers since at least chimpanzee (or similar) times. Accept it as reality, so when you see it you are not shocked.

Hitler, Pol Pot.... We all can go into a killing frenzy against other tribes. And the ones ready to kill right away instead of feeling guilty about it survived.

We're here because of fucking. Despite Hitleer, Pol pot, et al.
And not killing each other but working together etc... Yeah we can be violent vicious beasts, but we are here for reasons other then killing other members o our species.

People have never been killed for 'drawing cartoons'. They have been killed for deliberately and pointlessly insulting other people's religion, as you know. If someone kicks you in the balls, laddie, you will have objections. Think on!

Because it's important to allow the worst elements of society to control what the rest of us say and do out of fear of their reprisals. Violence and terror really are the best ways to make your point and we should always submit to the demands of those who engage in it and let those sorts of people decide what is or is not acceptable behaviour.

Do you know any?

The double standards are nauseating.

One has absolutely no right to complain about innocents being killed in France unless one complains loudly about all the innocents killed by the US all the time.

And of course France has it's own history of abuse of Muslims in Algeria.

But your response is an evasion.

People like to cry about how 911 changed the world. Pure nonsense. Nothing changed. The US was still full of a bunch of ignorant psychopaths.

What changed the world was the US terrorist attack of Iraq.

It replaced Hussein with ISIS.

That is the good work all the US violence did. But of course the ignorant psychopaths remain so there will be nothing but calls for more violence.
Stop calling wars terrorist attacks.
Iraq War was stupid and it destabilized the region more than it used to but it was not a terrorist attack.
There could be rather mechanical explanations why people do these horrible things but you are coming very close to actually justifying terrorism.

And so it goes.

Well yes. The French can do nothing, strike back, or quickly convert to ISIS approved Islam. Unless you are recommending the last option, the violence will not stop - the only difference is to whom and where the violence will be experienced.

The French fully understand they have only two choices: sing "Give Me Love Ommmm my Lord" and suffer, or sing the Marseillaise and go to war mobilizing internal and external security forces. If they choose to fight (as they should) they should cease Muslim immigration, ship out any Muslim refugees and those Muslims without citizenship, and begin all out military operations against ISIS-Al Qaeda.

Of course, the US should unleash its overwhelming air power to assist. Combined operations with boots on the ground special forces and the serious arming of the Kurds, would turn ISIS to ash and make such attacks on the respective homelands far less likely.

It is time, La Marseillaise:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/-1ZM3CpDd7o?t=14[/youtube]

Arise children of the fatherland
The day of glory has arrived
Against us tyranny's
Bloody standard is raised
Listen to the sound in the fields
The howling of these fearsome soldiers
They are coming into our midst
To cut the throats of your sons and consorts

To arms citizens Form your battalions
March, march