• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political Rant Funny Images II

If you didn’t save enough for retirement why should society pay for you?

If health insurance companies won’t cover you and your children can’t afford your medical payments why should society pay for you?

Because that's what "society" means. Humans working together, because working together and pooling resources is better for everyone than working as an individual and keeping your resources for yourself.

There are solitary strategies that work at the evolutionary level, but humans are not biologically equipped to use them. We are a social species, which means we are literally defined by our support for those unable to support themselves.

I find it astonishing that it is necessary to explain this simple and obvious fact to an adult; But here we are.

If you didn’t save enough for retirement why should society pay for you?

If health insurance companies won’t cover you and your children can’t afford your medical payments why should society pay for you?

Because that's what "society" means. Humans working together, because working together and pooling resources is better for everyone than working as an individual and keeping your resources for yourself.

There are solitary strategies that work at the evolutionary level, but humans are not biologically equipped to use them. We are a social species, which means we are literally defined by our support for those unable to support themselves.

I find it astonishing that it is necessary to explain this simple and obvious fact to an adult; But here we are.

Societies existed before Medicare and social security. Some of us just believe that these are better ways for society to operate. Conservatives want to return to a time when life was much harder for most people.

Actually, I think that conservative policies will make life harder for most conservatives, too.

Absolutely! But this was about what they want, not the damage they do to themselves and others with their myopic, self-centered "policies".
I get the sense that they probably do know it will be harder on themselves but that’s a sacrifice they’re willing to make so that it’s harder on those they don’t like.

Angry Floof, they already do. They don't realize the colors because some of them have pockets.

Back
Top Bottom