• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Polls of the Presidential Race

Just had a pollster call me. I expressed enthusiastic support for Biden.

Was it a Trump pollster? Are you actually voting for Biden or were you trolling him/her? It's cool if you are. The Democratic Party is a big tent party.

I'm voting third party. Is the Democratic Party big tent enough to endorse anti-war? Or do anti-war candidates face some pretty despicable accusations?

Was it a Trump pollster? Are you actually voting for Biden or were you trolling him/her? It's cool if you are. The Democratic Party is a big tent party.

I'm voting third party. Is the Democratic Party big tent enough to endorse anti-war? Or do anti-war candidates face some pretty despicable accusations?

Americans love bloodshed and trauma regardless of Party. It's the one thing that binds us all together as a nation. Anyone who does not love killing is a traitor, and must themselves be killed to preserve the majesty of our imperium. Jesus may love the peacemaker, but Uncle Sam demands good old fashioned blood sacrifice for his altar.

But the Democrats do like to feign remorse, sometime after whatever the latest invasion was, so they don't have to feel like total monsters for supporting the things they supported and killing all the people they killed. So they are the "nice" ones, you see, in terms or relative aesthetics. Their favorite kind of war is the kind that starts under a Republican administration, of course, so they can absolve themselves of blame altogether and pretend they opposed it even if their Senator didn't, but they'll make do with what they can get if it was their guy who gave the order.

I just got my Texas vote by mail ballot. Filled it in today and will mail it out tomorrow. Doing my little bit to turn Texas blue.

27 days to go! I have a nice bottle of champagne in the fridge for when Biden wins.

It depends mostly on if they do and say despicable things. Of course, the Democratic Party is to some extent partisan and so you'll have some undue accusations, too. Just like the Green Party and the Libertarian Party are also to some extent partisan and so will lodge undue accusations against other parties from time to time. None of this matters to the point which is that I am simply trying to find the relevance of your statement:
Jason said:
I expressed enthusiastic support for Biden.

So how is that relevant? Please explain.

Libertarian (noun) [pronounced "eye-ron-ee"] : Someone who dismisses binary political structures like a two party system whilst tarring all members of a political party with the same brush.

This fine cool morning....

National - Biden is up +8.8%
Florida - Biden is up +3.6%
Michigan - Biden is up +7.2%
Pennsylvania - Biden is up +6.3%
Wisconsin - Biden is up +6.9%
North Carolina - Biden is up +2.0%

I am glad to see Biden making good gains in Florida. Highest Biden ever was in Florida was +7.4% back in July.

They wouldn’t say he lost 50 pounds because that would be admitting that he wasn’t already at the perfect weight.
No, thry think the voters have no memory.
If they say in January that he's at the perfect weight, people will brag about how fit he is.
Then, in October, announce a 50 pound weight loss to 'the perfect weight' people will brag about how fit he got.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bide...he-law-of-the-land_n_5f7c7c57c5b61229a057a43f

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden reaffirmed on Monday that he would work to codify abortion rights into federal law if elected.

At a town hall in Miami, the former vice president was asked about his plan for protecting abortion access in light of President Donald Trump’s nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.

“Number one, we don’t know exactly what she will do, though the expectation is that she will move to overrule Roe,” Biden said. “The only responsible response to that would be to pass legislation making Roe the law of the land. That’s what I would do.”

Biden plays for the women's vote. The extreme conservative plan to ban all abortion and get rid of Roe vs Wade is supported only by 20% of American voters. Trump sees that as his base. Trumpo wanted culture war for political reasons, he's got it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bide...he-law-of-the-land_n_5f7c7c57c5b61229a057a43f

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden reaffirmed on Monday that he would work to codify abortion rights into federal law if elected.

At a town hall in Miami, the former vice president was asked about his plan for protecting abortion access in light of President Donald Trump’s nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.

“Number one, we don’t know exactly what she will do, though the expectation is that she will move to overrule Roe,” Biden said. “The only responsible response to that would be to pass legislation making Roe the law of the land. That’s what I would do.”

Biden plays for the women's vote. The extreme conservative plan to ban all abortion and get rid of Roe vs Wade is supported only by 20% of American voters. Trump sees that as his base. Trumpo wanted culture war for political reasons, he's got it.

They're gunning for LGBTQ rights too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/clarence-thomas-samuel-alito/index.html

You can bet Amy Phoney Barrett will agree with that.

They're gunning for LGBTQ rights too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/clarence-thomas-samuel-alito/index.html

You can bet Amy Phoney Barrett will agree with that.
Everyone know life for the Pro-Life movement ends at the vaginal canal.

Goldman Sachs reaction to a Democratic sweep:

All else equal, such a blue wave would likely prompt us to upgrade our forecasts. The reason is that it would sharply raise the probability of a fiscal stimulus package of at least $2 trillion shortly after the presidential inauguration on January 20, followed by longer-term spending increases on infrastructure, climate, health care and education that would at least match the likely longer-term tax increases on corporations and upper-income earners.

https://fortune.com/2020/10/05/biden-win-2020-us-economy-goldman-sachs-predictions-blue-wave-democrats/

CNN Poll: Biden expands lead over Trump after contentious debate and President's Covid diagnosis - CNNPolitics

"Among likely voters, 57% say they back Biden and 41% Trump in the poll that was conducted entirely after the first debate and mostly after the President's coronavirus infection was made public." - a 16% gap. Biden is also ahead in the swing states, but by not as much.

Among likely voters, Biden beats Trump in a lot of things.
  • Coronavirus: 59% - 38% = 21%
  • Healthcare: 59% - 39% = 20%
  • Racial inequality: 62% - 38% = 24%
  • Supreme Court nominations: 57% - 41% = 16%
  • Crime and safety: 55% - 43% = 12%
  • Economy: 50% - 48% = 2%
  • Unite the country: 61% - 33% = 28%
  • Honest and trustworthy: 58% - 33% = 25%
  • Clear plan to solve nation's problems: 55% - 39% = 16%
  • Keep Americans safe from harm: 55% - 43% = 12%
Favorability: which candidate a positive view of: 52% - 39% = 13%

Though Biden supporters like people of color and college-educated white women continue to increase their support of him, Trump supporters like white men without college educations continue to stand firm.

Do polls actually have zero force?
If Biden were to hold a 24 point lead in the polls in a given State and then, in true Russian style, it was announced that Trump won it by three points, AFAIK there would be NOTHING Dems could do about it. They'd cry foul and try to get the 'fake news media" to agree that cheating had occurred. Even if they succeeded at that, it would be too late once the 32% Trump lemmings were convinced that he had won.

Michelle Obama reads Trump's resume and other things.

Strange choice of a verb - "eviscerate". That would require that Trump had guts in the first place.

New Herald poll shows Trump support cratering after contracting coronavirus - Boston Herald

Catching coronavirus has been disastrous for President Trump’s re-election hopes, with support for the president plummeting since news of the infection broke, allowing Democratic nominee Joe Biden to open a commanding double-digit lead, a new Franklin Pierce University-Boston Herald poll shows.

The nationwide poll reveals that instead of a sympathy factor for Trump, there’s been a stunning drop in the Republican president’s poll numbers since he revealed his diagnosis last Friday.

In two days of polling before Trump got COVID, the president trailed Biden by just a 46%-41% margin. In the three days of polling after the coronavirus diagnosis, Biden held a 55%-34% lead. That means Biden’s lead grew by a whopping 16 points from pre-COVID to post-COVID.

Even Rasmussen has Trump up by 12. Interestingly, their poll first swung big toward Biden after the Barrett nomination

White House Watch - Rasmussen Reports®

President Trump’s debate performance followed by his coronavirus diagnosis appear to be digging an even deeper hole for him this week. Democrat Joe Biden now has a 12-point lead over the president in Rasmussen Reports’ weekly White House Watch survey.

The latest national telephone and online survey finds Biden leading President Trump 52% to 40% among Likely U.S. Voters. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate. Another four percent (4%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week, following Trump’s announcement that he was nominating federal Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court, Biden moved from a narrow one-point lead to eight points ahead. The race had narrowed over the previous three weeks. Biden has now cleared the 50% mark for two weeks in a row, while Trump has fallen to his lowest level of support since the first week of White House Watch in early July.

Back
Top Bottom