• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Post Your Own Wildlife Photography

Great photos!

Snowy Egret
Great Blue Heron
Tern

Ya, It's easy to identify a bird as a tern. Which one can be tough!

Great photos!

Snowy Egret
Great Blue Heron
Tern

Ya, It's easy to identify a bird as a tern. Which one can be tough!
We met someone who was using the Merlin app; he did the Forster’s ID, so I’ll blame him and Merlin if it’s wrong. 😁

eBird/Cornell Lab, yup. They have great resources.
I downloaded Merlin yesterday; I'll be trying it out today at Bombay Hook, if the weather clears up.

I saw a small flock of Bohemian waxwings today. I didn't get any pictures (I only had my cell phone and they were pretty high up in the trees) but I found them by following the sounds of their calls:

Some recent photos mine:

Pacific Tree Frog (I think). It was very small and I almost missed it while photographing some flowers in a nearby reserve.
5083B7D4-22DC-44AC-A4BA-7425E7887136.jpeg

This ladybug was there too:
11853DF9-E9B5-45CE-9F1C-B6B13B042C27.jpegAnd this hummingbird was visiting our feeder on our patio:
FF20E737-439B-4C20-8A12-461A4CEADAC4.jpeg

There was a pale-headed rosella in our front yard this morning.

It's a beautiful bird, seen here photographed by the world's worst wildlife photographer...

View attachment 43873
I wouldn't say you're the worst. You're on target and in focus. More glass would have helped but I don't think there's anything you could really have done about the lighting situation.

I went for a bike ride this morning around a little route we have that weaves though some condos. There is a small pond. I have never seen this pond 100% covered by duckweed. I don't know what it's doing to any aquatic wildlife below. Sure makes it darker under the water I expect.

But it's a feast for the geese.

2023 08 10 11 17 28.jpg

A couple rare or first for me

Only my second photo of harbor porpoise. Two of them.

A black surf shooter first for me.

2023 08 16 15 13 10(1)~01.jpg2023 08 16 15 55 07.JPG

These multi-hued onanist reprobates are making a mess of the back deck, which I just swept this morning.

IMG_0854.jpeg

Fortunately they've brought some mates to do a bit of cleaning up.

Though I suspect that one of them will be blamed for all the damage; In every group of vandals, there's one guy who's the pigeon.

IMG_0856.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom