• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Remember, Antifa only attacks fascists, right?

Check out the guys background and tell me how you weren’t baited.

I doubt sane people are just going to let you hold ridiculous kkk rallies, proud boys or whatever nonsense the rwnj are scared of these days and do nothing.

Anybody who throws cement and otherwise initiates violence is a thug and criminal and should not be praised, regardless of what the views or words of the people having peaceful rallies are. That used to be a key liberal value.

There was no cement found anywhere. The cops started that scare by tweeting that they found a recipe on a website

Tweet posted and then immediately deleted when he realized that he will have to pretend to have a brain hemorrhage for the rest of his life:

Fruit.JPG

Tweet posted and then immediately deleted when he realized that he will have to pretend to have a brain hemorrhage for the rest of his life:

I don't see how this tweet is so different from other victims of violence who speak about their thoughts, however irrational and especially the irrational ones, caused by the incident. Being victimized can affect your confidence and sense of safety and sens of self and create irrational and counter-productive worry about the future.

I don't see how this tweet is so different from other victims of violence who speak about their thoughts, however irrational and especially the irrational ones, caused by the incident. Being victimized can affect your confidence and sense of safety and sens of self and create irrational and counter-productive worry about the future.

I hope it has done all of those things, that would be extremely good

You hope that street violence caused a victim irrational fear for their safety and future?

You hope that street violence caused a victim irrational fear for their safety and future?

I hope the fear is rational. Fascists and their supporters should not feel safe in this society. Andy Ngo is a supporter of fascists at the very least, and if you want me to lose sleep over him being afraid to show up at Proud Boy rallies because he got pelted with some frozen dairy and silly string, the answer is zzzzzzzzzzz

I hope the fear is rational. Fascists and their supporters should not feel safe in this society. Andy Ngo is a supporter of fascists at the very least, and if you want me to lose sleep over him being afraid to show up at Proud Boy rallies because he got pelted with some frozen dairy and silly string, the answer is zzzzzzzzzzz

There is a big difference between not losing sleep over this guy's victimization, and hoping him to suffer said victimization and the effects of victimization. One is apathetic. The other is malicious.

Andy Ngo is a supporter of fascists at the very least

Except he isn't. It takes more than unflattering coverage of Antifa to make one a fascist sympathizer.

Unflattering? A Proud Boy member broke the spine of a black woman with a steel baton, and Ngo doxxed her full name in a tweet, getting her added to the kill list of several Neo-Nazi groups. He writes about the "failed multiculturalism" of England and invents lies about Islam getting alcohol banned. He runs with far-right groups like Patriot Prayer. And most ironically at all, he regularly spreads the lie that hate crimes are hoaxes, except of course when he is assaulted with dessert and party favors while drumming up controversy to benefit fascists at a rally in Portland. Then hate crimes are real and everybody should donate to his GoFundMe to repair his melted brain.

Just like having a low opinion of the Crips doesn't make one a Blood.
In this case it actually does, as there is no neutral stance between wanting a white ethnostate and not wanting it. Either you don't want it and think people who do want it should be stopped, or you support fascists. Taking the side of people who aid and amplify the ethnostate crowd every time the issue comes up, whenever there is any altercation or conflict, and whenever one of them is inconvenienced in any way, makes you an ally of the the ethnostate crowd and thus a supporter of fascism.

There is a big difference between not losing sleep over this guy's victimization, and hoping him to suffer said victimization and the effects of victimization. One is apathetic. The other is malicious.

Given a choice between apathy and malice toward slugs like Ngo who prop up the worst people in society, I happily choose malice.

Unflattering? A Proud Boy member broke the spine of a black woman with a steel baton, and Ngo doxxed her full name in a tweet, getting her added to the kill list of several Neo-Nazi groups.

I feel like there are a few details of that story that are missing.

I feel like there are a few details to that story you are leaving out. In this case it actually does, as there is no neutral stance between wanting a white ethnostate and not wanting it.

Oh come on those aren't the only two options. You could have an east Asian ethnostate, a south Asian ethnostate, a black ethnostate, and if we are currently considered a race maybe even a Hispanic ethnostate. It might even be fun to explore the idea of a mulatto ethnostate, where only those of mixed race ate dominant. There's more options than a brutal authoritarian fascist dictatorship and a brutal authoritarian communist dictatorship, such as not having a brutal authoritarian dictatorship. I can understand the desire for the false dichotomy though, as the false dichotomy makes it possible to improperly describe Andy Ngo's political leanings. Also the leanings of anyone who says "not having a brutal authoritarian dictatorship."

Either you don't want it and think people who do want it should be stopped, or you support fascists.

Either you don't want a brutal authoritarian dictatorship and think people who do want it should be stopped, or you support fascists or antifa.

Taking the side of people who aid and amplify the ethnostate crowd every time the issue comes up, whenever there is any altercation or conflict, and whenever one of them is inconvenienced in any way, makes you an ally of the the ethnostate crowd and thus a supporter of fascism.

False dichotomy. Those who say "I don't want a brutal authoritarian dictatorship" aren't supporting fascists, they are just not supporting antifa either, just like how by not being in a criminal gang at all means I am neither a Crip nor a Blood.

Oh come on those aren't the only two options. You could have an east Asian ethnostate, a south Asian ethnostate, a black ethnostate, and if we are currently considered a race maybe even a Hispanic ethnostate. It might even be fun to explore the idea of a mulatto ethnostate, where only those of mixed race ate dominant.
Those are all bad and should be opposed by antifascists, what's your point?

Either you don't want it and think people who do want it should be stopped, or you support fascists.

Either you don't want a brutal authoritarian dictatorship and think people who do want it should be stopped, or you support fascists or antifa.
Yes, those brutal, dictatorial antifascists, always palling around with fascists and dictators. You have taken the both-sides-ism to power levels never before even imagined by liberals, which is quite a feat.

srrximvfiw831.jpg

Taking the side of people who aid and amplify the ethnostate crowd every time the issue comes up, whenever there is any altercation or conflict, and whenever one of them is inconvenienced in any way, makes you an ally of the the ethnostate crowd and thus a supporter of fascism.

False dichotomy. Those who say "I don't want a brutal authoritarian dictatorship" aren't supporting fascists, they are just not supporting antifa either, just like how by not being in a criminal gang at all means I am neither a Crip nor a Blood.
Your words, as usual, indicate you have no ideological understanding of fascism, its history, the various antifascist movements that have opposed it, and their relationship to power structures in society.

Given a choice between apathy and malice toward slugs like Ngo who prop up the worst people in society, I happily choose malice.

And I hope malice on anyone who thinks like you.

Unflattering? A Proud Boy member broke the spine of a black woman with a steel baton, and Ngo doxxed her full name in a tweet, getting her added to the kill list of several Neo-Nazi groups.

Only partly true. It was a Patriot Prayer member and he attacked a white woman (why even point out her race?). The broken vertebrae allegation is no more factual than Ngo's brain bleed which you scoff at. It's hard to call her doxxed since he only named her and she's been in the news for a prior protest, and she wasn't hiding her identity. I don't know about a kill list, I'd like to see your source.

He writes about the "failed multiculturalism" of England and invents lies about Islam getting alcohol banned. He runs with far-right groups like Patriot Prayer. And most ironically at all, he regularly spreads the lie that hate crimes are hoaxes,

True.

except of course when he is assaulted with dessert and party favors

You always leave out the fists and feet.

while drumming up controversy to benefit fascists at a rally in Portland.

True.

Then hate crimes are real and everybody should donate to his GoFundMe to repair his melted brain.

There is as gfm, but he didn't create it. He did create a legal offense fund. https://publiuslex.com/pf/justice-for-andy-ngo/

In this case it actually does, as there is no neutral stance between wanting a white ethnostate and not wanting it. Either you don't want it and think people who do want it should be stopped, or you support fascists. Taking the side of people who aid and amplify the ethnostate crowd every time the issue comes up, whenever there is any altercation or conflict, and whenever one of them is inconvenienced in any way, makes you an ally of the the ethnostate crowd and thus a supporter of fascism.

Ngo is corrupt in only calling out antifa violence, but you are doing similar and for no profit to anti-fascism. Even if Ngo is a fascist, the violence on him has only helped his cause.

Only partly true. It was a Patriot Prayer member and he attacked a white woman (why even point out her race?). The broken vertebrae allegation is no more factual than Ngo's brain bleed which you scoff at. It's hard to call her doxxed since he only named her and she's been in the news for a prior protest, and she wasn't hiding her identity. I don't know about a kill list, I'd like to see your source.
Lots of testimony here: The Jewish Worker
And here especially.

You always leave out the fists and feet.
Fine, but they don't change anything. The people being enabled, defended, and promoted by Ngo use actual weapons and openly promote lethal force on minorities and immigrants. Showing up at a rally to stir up trouble with that kind of pedigree is going to get you some fists and feet, and I'm fine with that.

Ngo is corrupt in only calling out antifa violence, but you are doing similar and for no profit to anti-fascism.
Guilty as charged--I am 100% biased in favor of anti-fascism. You got me.

Lots of testimony here: The Jewish Worker
And here especially.

That's about Quillette doxxing journalists, not the woman who was attacked.

Fine, but they don't change anything. The people being enabled, defended, and promoted by Ngo use actual weapons and openly promote lethal force on minorities and immigrants. Showing up at a rally to stir up trouble with that kind of pedigree is going to get you some fists and feet, and I'm fine with that.

Yes, because of your absolutist ideology, where you have no doubts about the truth and superiority of your inviolable beliefs, and anyone who doesn't agree enough is subhuman and target for elimination or at least justifiable collateral damage.

Ngo is corrupt in only calling out antifa violence, but you are doing similar and for no profit to anti-fascism.
Guilty as charged--I am 100% biased in favor of anti-fascism. You got me.

I didn't say that. I said the result of your view is hurting anti-fascism. How exactly do you think assaulting Ngo decreased fascism in any way?

Reactions: WAB
That's about Quillette doxxing journalists, not the woman who was attacked.

It establishes the pattern of behavior, the woman who was attacked got doxxed in this tweet of Ngo's:

3ec.png

Yes, because of your absolutist ideology, where you have no doubts about the truth and superiority of your inviolable beliefs, and anyone who doesn't agree enough is subhuman and target for elimination or at least justifiable collateral damage.
It's really not that complicated, I just don't mind when fascists and their sympathizers get a comeuppance vastly out-of-step with what they regularly commit and advocate against innocent people. What's wrong with absolutism against supporters of racists, homophobes, nationalists, and their ilk? Is there some nuance that I'm missing that should make a lick of difference?

I didn't say that. I said the result of your view is hurting anti-fascism. How exactly do you think assaulting Ngo decreased fascism in any way?

There's a difference between an act contributing to the downfall of fascism and an act just being a good thing that happened even if it didn't materially contribute to the downfall of fascism. In this case, though, the benefit is that it hopefully caused Andy to reconsider using his journal and his platform to help fascists. These events are better judged not in isolation, but as part of a movement of resistance to fascism; if Andy and people like him feel comfortable and secure when they arrive at a public demonstration with the goal of making antifa look bad, that does real harm to society by giving fascists more opportunity to spread their views and gain a foothold. It's always a good thing when that comfort is disrupted, both in the specific case of the one who is no longer so cavalier about their activities and anybody who might have considered doing the same.

Back
Top Bottom