• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
That's a real sneaky sneaker deal! Some call it a steal. I think you can also buy Trump-scented perfume and aftershave from him. Trump's fans no longer have to imagine what he smells like.

Kevin O'Leary boycotts 'loser' New York after Trump verdict - New York Post
“This award, I mean, just leaving the whole Trump thing out of it and seeing what occurred here … And I’m no different than any other investor, I’m shocked at this,” O’Leary told Fox Business Network on Monday.

O’Leary, a judge on the hit reality show known as “Mr. Wonderful,” said he “can’t even understand or fathom the decision at all.”

O’Leary said that he has heard from peers in the business world who have pledged to shun New York, which “was already on the top of the list of being a loser state.”

“I would never invest in New York now,” O’Leary said, adding: “And I’m not the only person saying that.”

Also

Trump-supporting truckers threaten to boycott NYC after court rulings against him - Yahoo Finance

and

Truckers backtrack on NYC boycott as strike over Trump trial ruling fizzles out - Hindustan Times

View attachment 45451

Meanwhile, I can order a pair of "Dad Shoes" (white New Balance sneakers...don't judge me) from the business owned by an actual billionaire, and they will show up by tomorrow afternoon. Jeff's Sweatshop will even provide tracking updates delivered to my phone that tell me exactly how many minutes away the overworked piss-in-a-bottle driver will drop off the cliche' footwear.

This is why Bezos has enough money to fly Captain Kirk on a dick-shaped rocket into low Earth orbit and not miss the money.

Yet Donald, who claims he built a "perfect company" can't manage to get you a pair of shitty shoes within a time frame that makes the service window from your local cable TV provider seem like warp factor 9.

And yet people like our newly minted and proud "deplorable" member here think Trump is the greatest entrepreneur in history?

“This award, I mean, just leaving the whole Trump thing out of it and seeing what occurred here … And I’m no different than any other investor, I’m shocked at this,” O’Leary told Fox Business Network on Monday.

O’Leary, a judge on the hit reality show known as “Mr. Wonderful,” said he “can’t even understand or fathom the decision at all.”

O’Leary said that he has heard from peers in the business world who have pledged to shun New York, which “was already on the top of the list of being a loser state.”

“I would never invest in New York now,” O’Leary said, adding: “And I’m not the only person saying that.”

Also

Trump-supporting truckers threaten to boycott NYC after court rulings against him - Yahoo Finance

and

Truckers backtrack on NYC boycott as strike over Trump trial ruling fizzles out - Hindustan Times
New York to Kevin O’Leary: “Drop dead.”

All this tells me is that KOL and a lot of the other of his "peers" play fast and loose with their property valuations too.

All this tells me is that KOL and a lot of the other of his "peers" play fast and loose with their property valuations too.
Is this the same Kevin O'Leary that was telling people "trust me, FTX is a safe, solid investment opportunity!"?

Just checking...

One thing I heard was the potential issue with the settlements. If Trump can't come up with the $80 million for the E. Jean Carrol case or the $400+ million he needs just to appeal the NY State case, it might not be as easy as seizing stuff.

As Trump's properties could be, might very likely be all mortgaged to the max... and he doesn't actually have any liquidity in them. This could make things more interesting because if this is the case, he'd actually have to demonstrate it to a court and it'd be public record. Seize Trump Tower, only to find out you have to get in line because the bank is first.

It would achieve the same goal of deterrence, IMO, to get 500K or to simply make him worth 0. Force the sale of every single thing he owns. Get only 10c on the dollar, but his leverage to defraud is GONE.

One thing I heard was the potential issue with the settlements. If Trump can't come up with the $80 million for the E. Jean Carrol case or the $400+ million he needs just to appeal the NY State case, it might not be as easy as seizing stuff.

As Trump's properties could be, might very likely be all mortgaged to the max... and he doesn't actually have any liquidity in them. This could make things more interesting because if this is the case, he'd actually have to demonstrate it to a court and it'd be public record. Seize Trump Tower, only to find out you have to get in line because the bank is first.
It sounds like a classic case of time to declare bankruptcy.

Is this the same Kevin O'Leary that was telling people "trust me, FTX is a safe, solid investment opportunity!"?
Since I am completely clueless, what is FTX?
Tom
The crypto exchange/scam run by Sam Bankman-Fried that imploded. Kev was a paid spokesman and investor.

Appealing doesn't get him out of paying, he will have to get a bond, and who knows if he can. As of now his bond would be for over $500 million.

Back
Top Bottom