• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
One thing I heard was the potential issue with the settlements. If Trump can't come up with the $80 million for the E. Jean Carrol case or the $400+ million he needs just to appeal the NY State case, it might not be as easy as seizing stuff.

Appealing doesn't get him out of paying, he will have to get a bond, and who knows if he can. As of now his bond would be for over $500 million.

He couldn't get a bond for the $5 million in the original Carroll case.

He couldn't get a bond because no one will underwrite him because he's a liar, a cheat and he commits fraud. He will need to ante up property but that doesn't mean he'll get the bond either. Properties are not cash.

One thing I heard was the potential issue with the settlements. If Trump can't come up with the $80 million for the E. Jean Carrol case or the $400+ million he needs just to appeal the NY State case, it might not be as easy as seizing stuff.

As Trump's properties could be, might very likely be all mortgaged to the max... and he doesn't actually have any liquidity in them. This could make things more interesting because if this is the case, he'd actually have to demonstrate it to a court and it'd be public record. Seize Trump Tower, only to find out you have to get in line because the bank is first.
I believe the properties can still be seized and Trump will still have to pay the mortgages.

As Trump's properties could be, might very likely be all mortgaged to the max... and he doesn't actually have any liquidity in them. This could make things more interesting because if this is the case, he'd actually have to demonstrate it to a court and it'd be public record. Seize Trump Tower, only to find out you have to get in line because the bank is first.
It sounds like a classic case of time to declare bankruptcy.
I don't think you can declare bankruptcy over court ordered settlements.

He couldn't get a bond because no one will underwrite him because he's a liar, a cheat and he commits fraud. He will need to ante up property but that doesn't mean he'll get the bond either. Properties are not cash.

Wondering about the ownership structure of “his” buildings.
Can his interests be sold separately from the other owners' interests, or is he underwater on all of them? Will he forego the appeal process and just declare bankruptcy? Will his idiots even care if he does?

Odds on Melania divorcing him…
- as soon as his appeal fails
- as soon as he loses the election
- Now to get as much out as she can (How is THAT handled by the court?)

Well if she's smart (and for no particular reason I get the impression she's not entirely stupid) she's been spending her entire marriage to Slobba the Hutt insulating herself from any liability from his incredibly bad decisions. There's a decent chance she's already extracted all the wealth she needs out of his failing businesses and set herself (and Barron) up for life free of any chance that his creditors will come calling.

I mean, if she divorced him, what would she get? Half of a half billion dollars of debt? A lease on the E. Jean Carroll suite at the soon to be renamed Leticia James Tower? Mel might very well have the last laugh on Trump.

Well if she's smart (and for no particular reason I get the impression she's not entirely stupid) she's been spending her entire marriage to Slobba the Hutt insulating herself from any liability from his incredibly bad decisions. There's a decent chance she's already extracted all the wealth she needs out of his failing businesses and set herself (and Barron) up for life free of any chance that his creditors will come calling.

I mean, if she divorced him, what would she get? Half of a half billion dollars of debt? A lease on the E. Jean Carroll suite at the soon to be renamed Leticia James Tower? Mel might very well have the last laugh on Trump.
Pretty much this.
I can't see Melania divorcing Donald. He's a rapidly dropping wealthy playboy, but she's an aging ex-model.

Why bother with the details at this point? Were they ever as married as I am? I doubt it.
Tom

I suspect Trump's marriage is so blatantly transactional lawyers made certain Melania would have little chance to take him to the cleaners.

I suspect Trump's marriage is so blatantly transactional lawyers made certain Melania would have little chance to take him to the cleaners.
Why? Because Trump hires the best lawyers?

Well yeah. Trump might end up so far in the hole that Malaria doesn’t want any part of the huge negative number to which she may be entitled.
Which State holds their marriage registration? Laws vary…

Presently I would think all the assets she has squirreled away half still belongs to the Donald and can be sanctioned.

Carroll's attorney on Trump trying to dodge paying before the appeal.

INTRODUCTION
Almost one month after the jury returned its verdict in this case, Defendant Donald J.Trump filed yet another motion for a stay—this time, to stay enforcement of the judgment without a bond or any other security that would ensure that Plaintiff E. Jean Carroll’s will be able to collect the $83.3 million that Trump now owes her.

The reasoning Trump offers in seeking this extraordinary relief boils down to nothing more than “trust me.” He doesn’t offer any information about his finances or the nature and location of his assets. He doesn’t specify what percentage of his assets are liquid or explain how Carroll might go about collecting. He doesn’t even acknowledge the risks that now accompany his financial situation, from a half billion-dollar judgment obtained by the New York Attorney General to the 91 felony charges that might end his career as a businessman permanently.

He simply asks the Court to trust me” and offers, in a case with an $83.3 million judgment against him, the court filing equivalent of a paper napkin; signed by the least trustworthy of borrowers.

Somewhere Orange Loser said he was so rich that he shouldn't have to ever post any bond at all. If he's so rich he should post a double bond just to make a point.

“Whether and if so to what extent does a former President enjoy presidential immunity from criminal prosecution for conduct alleged to involve official acts during his tenure in office.”

This is what SCOTUS will decide. Am I being too hopeful by sensing that they are going to hand Orange his head?

Somewhere Orange Loser said he was so rich that he shouldn't have to ever post any bond at all. If he's so rich he should post a double bond just to make a point.
Out of idle curiosity, does Trump commute to his court dates in his 737?
Tom

Out of idle curiosity, does Trump commute to his court dates in his 737?
Tom
Trump’s ride is a 757-200.
It’s a more than thirty years old bucket of bolts nearing the end of its useful life. Used to belong to Paul Allen. Trump has about 100m into it, plus a lot of lipstick smeared on the pig to make the inside look like a pimpmobile. It’s probably not worth 10m to anyone else.

“Whether and if so to what extent does a former President enjoy presidential immunity from criminal prosecution for conduct alleged to involve official acts during his tenure in office.”

This is what SCOTUS will decide. Am I being too hopeful by sensing that they are going to hand Orange his head?

I would say so. Under normal circumstances, or if this were about a former Democratic president making the same claim, they would simply have let the lower court opinion stand. These turkeys decided to make it nearly impossible for the case to be decided before Trump gets a chance to win the election and order the DoJ to drop all charges. This was an obvious gift to Donald Trump, as the dirty half-dozen Republican-appointed justices rode roughshod over the three remaining Democratic-appointed justices. Back in the day, the three Trump appointees would have simply recused themselves, since they have a clear interest in putting their thumbs on the scale of justice.

Back
Top Bottom