• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Trump's supporters as well as a large percentage of Republicans aren't rational. There are still a lot of people who will only vote for the Republican nominee, even if they have to hold their nose and do it.

I always vote for the Democratic candidates, even if I disagree with some of their positions.
So, they're voting for people whose policies they disagree with, and so are you; But they are doing it because they're irrational, and you have good reasons for doing it, which they don't understand.

I expect they're saying the exact same thing.

If the more progressive branch of the Democratic Party doesn't vote for the Democratic candidate, which will likely be Biden unless something drastically changes, we could end up with Trump.
“No true progressive“ is going to leave the field to Trump because they are disenchanted with Biden. (Scare quotes because who knows how true they are)

The awful specter of a recurrence of the Trump debacle will be perfectly sufficient to win a free and fair election against Hair Furor IMHO, almost no matter who the Dems nominate. My trepidation has more to do with putting down the subsequent violence.
I hope they put out loud warnings that violating Capitol space will be met with lethal force, and back it up if necessary.

Trump's supporters as well as a large percentage of Republicans aren't rational. There are still a lot of people who will only vote for the Republican nominee, even if they have to hold their nose and do it.

I always vote for the Democratic candidates, even if I disagree with some of their positions.
So, they're voting for people whose policies they disagree with, and so are you; But they are doing it because they're irrational, and you have good reasons for doing it, which they don't understand.

I expect they're saying the exact same thing.
Whatever. We have two presidential candidates and one is always better than the other one, or if you're a pessimist, you could say that one is not as bad as the other one.

And. yes. It's irrational to vote for someone like Trump, who is a known criminal and grifter, as well as being an obvious narcissist. Nobody ever gets everything that want. I've just known a lot of people who vote against their own best interests because they've been easily manipulated by false claims about Democrats.

For example, my neighbor across the street is a decent man, who helps others out regularly. He's a non practicing Christian, who knows we are atheists, and he's cool with that, so it's not crazy religious beliefs that guide his vote. He's 76 years old and depends on SS and Medicare, yet he votes for the party who wants to harm those two programs. He also told my husband that he believed that Obama wasn't born in the US, despite the fact that he was. So, I would call that irrational. I really don't understand why people like him vote Republican. I also worked with a nurse who was a huge Trump supporter, despite barely making it on her SS entitlement and once applying for SNAP. She is very religious so that might be why she votes Republican and she is also a bit of a gun nut, despite being in her 70s and having many health problems. I think her voting patterns are irrational based on her needs.

I vote for the party that supports the programs that are important to me, even if I disagree with them on some positions. If I didn't vote, it's like supporting the party that currently is a threat to democracy and wants to decrease aide to those in need etc. So, yes. Voting for the Democrat is the most rational thing I can do. Staying home or voting third party because one doesn't like all of the Dems positions is irrational, afaic.

My wealthy brother in law, on the other hand, hates paying taxes and is very greedy. He votes Republican. in his case, as much as I disagree with him, if all he cares about is paying lower taxes, voting for the Republican candidate may be the more rational thing for him personally. He did finally admit that Trump was a maniac, but he still voted for him in the last election. I'm not sure who he would vote for if Trump was the Republican nominee again. I hope he would wise up but having a doctorate degree doesn't always mean you're that smart.

I vote for the party that supports the programs that are important to me, even if I disagree with them on some positions.
...and so do they.
No they don't, other than the ones like my bil. They have been heavily indoctrinated by Fox Noise etc. They don't know what's going on, or in some cases, they have been lead to believe that the Dems want to take away their precious guns. I will give my husband credit for once getting a man who always voted for the Republicans to change his mind, based on the gun thing. The guy died of heart failure. many years ago. He was harmless but he loved collecting guns and he had been brainwashed into believing that the Dems were going to take his guns away. That's what I'm talking about, but enough said. This thread was supposed to be about what's next for Trump. Hopefully, he won't be president again and if there is a shred of justice left, he will be tried for quite a few things. I'm not counting on it. Rich white guys often get away with things that nobody else does.

My wealthy brother in law, on the other hand, hates paying taxes and is very greedy. He votes Republican. in his case, as much as I disagree with him, if all he cares about is paying lower taxes, voting for the Republican candidate may be the more rational thing for him personally. He did finally admit that Trump was a maniac, but he still voted for him in the last election. I'm not sure who he would vote for if Trump was the Republican nominee again. I hope he would wise up but having a doctorate degree doesn't always mean you're that smart.
He would vote Orange again. Trust me. Lots of folks I know vote Orange for exactly the same reason, because they get to keep more money. Simple and selfish.

From Vanity Fair

almost two years of near-silence, former Vice President Mike Pence is talking about the last days of Donald Trump's presidency; namely that Trump's words on January 6 were “reckless,” and “endangered” Pence and his family. Pence is currently on a media tour to promote his new book, So Help Me God, a memoir scheduled to be published on Tuesday—the same day Trump is expected to announce his third bid for the White House.

Hey, Mikey! It took you almost two years to admit the truth? Mike Pence, a decisive man of action.
Heh. Mikey showed up at the Gridiron Dinner (closed door, no cameras or recording) and totally ripped on Trump, even as he continues to seek ways to avoid telling the truth about him in court.
What a weakling.

A weakling, a hypocrite and a political whore is Pence. If he had his way women would be home making babies and we'd all be praying to his invisible, pretend sky king. Pence needs to move in with the Taliban.

I vote for the party that supports the programs that are important to me, even if I disagree with them on some positions.
...and so do they.
No they don't, other than the ones like my bil. They have been heavily indoctrinated by Fox Noise etc. They don't know what's going on, or in some cases, they have been lead to believe that the Dems want to take away their precious guns. I will give my husband credit for once getting a man who always voted for the Republicans to change his mind, based on the gun thing. The guy died of heart failure. many years ago. He was harmless but he loved collecting guns and he had been brainwashed into believing that the Dems were going to take his guns away. That's what I'm talking about, but enough said. This thread was supposed to be about what's next for Trump. Hopefully, he won't be president again and if there is a shred of justice left, he will be tried for quite a few things. I'm not counting on it. Rich white guys often get away with things that nobody else does.
er--rich white folks: Doris Duke, anyone, or on a lesser scale, MT Greene

Uh oh...
I know it was a scumbag thing to do, but I wonder what the charges will be. Is a hush money deal illegal or just sleazy as hell?

Uh oh...
I know it was a scumbag thing to do, but I wonder what the charges will be. Is a hush money deal illegal or just sleazy as hell?
Shouldn't it be exactly the same thing Cohen was charged with?

Trump claims violence he inspired on Jan. 6 was Pence’s fault - The Washington Post - "The former president suggested the riot could have been avoided if his vice president had cooperated in overturning the results"
Donald Trump on Monday sharply rebuked Mike Pence’s assertion that history would hold him accountable for the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, telling reporters that his former vice president should shoulder the blame for the violent riot that day by Trump’s supporters.

“Had he sent the votes back to the legislatures, they wouldn’t have had a problem with Jan. 6, so in many ways you can blame him for Jan. 6,” the former president said, referring to Pence’s refusal to reject the electoral college votes in Congress as Trump wanted him to do that day. “Had he sent them back to Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, the states, I believe, number one, you would have had a different outcome. But I also believe you wouldn’t have had ‘Jan. 6’ as we call it.”

This just in from MSNBC News. Donald Trump has just posted on Truth Social he expects to be arrested next Tuesday. Trump is calling for nationwide protests. This after he will be indicted for the Stormy Daniels payoff.

Lock Trump up!

Of all the crimes Trump has committed, it is rather pathetic that the Stormy Daniels payoff is the one that someone finally has the courage to charge him with. Hopefully this will open the floodgates on everything else.

Nobody has charged him with anything yet. Reportedly, Trump doesn’t know (has not been told) that his arrest is coming on Tuesday. He is just blowing smoke up his idiot followers’ asses.
it would be great if GA came down with an arrest warrant an hour or so before NY…

We still have the Georgia investigation. The Trump Org tax cheating. Secret document stuff. January 6 case. It is going to be a busy year for Orango the Clown.

Back
Top Bottom