• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged

I've never bought into the "other guy is worse" thing. In the case of Trump supporters, it was a cover for voting for a racist misogynist, whose career demonstrated a disdain for the rule of law.
Do you think that the supporters of Trump voted for him because he's a racist, misogynist and whose career demonstrated a disdain for the rule of law?

Or do you think the lack of faith in the existing political elite is so strong that they're desperate for anyone to come in an change things around?
.... Some of his supporters voted for him because they had lost faith in the "elite" (even though Trump is a member of the "elite").
Yes, that is true. But in NY, Trump was never a member of the "elite".. He wanted to be, but none of them wanted his painted gold bullshit around them. Trump is one of the "neuvogue rich", meaning not from a long line of money... he is "new rich" from his father... and considered, among the "true elite" to be a simple poser. Too many working-class folk in NY have personally been burned by Trump org real estate practices.... (who's the victim? - thousands of sub-contractors that he never paid and lost their businesses, that's who). No one in NY thinks he is "elite"... especially not the "elite".

Best case scenario? Trump keeps getting indicted, keeps going to trial. Keeps losing and becomes a guest at the Grey Bar Hotel. He loses any further elections and becomes a total aughing stock. The humiliation ends up killing him. He becomes a subject of countless critical books and documentaries. He becomes a figure of many new conspiracies. He is being held prisoner in a secret prison, he has escaped and moved to Romania, conveyed to heaven in an angelic UFO.

:staffwarn:

WARNING: Posting descriptions of a former president being killed is the sort of thing that can get you a visit from Secret Service. In this case, our board would be visited first.

All such posts will be deleted as will posts quoting such comments. Further comments of this nature will get a strong moderation response.

It was an accident!!

Anyhow I just wanted to express how bowled over I was by the defense’s explanation of their case:
”Trump dindunuffin!!! No crime!!!”

The jury is gonna love it.

Yeah, please people, Trump can't die now that it's getting to to the good part of the story.

No gag order, but the judge warns against inciting violence. Any more posts like the one of Trump with the baseball bat and the Judge will reconsider.

Any bets on how long until Trump violates this?

Next hearing isn't till December. I want my speedy trial dammit.

Mr Trump has been officially charged, and hopefully, this is just the first in a long line of upcoming indictments. This is a good day for America, whatever the eventual outcome of the case may be. I await future indictments related to his election interference efforts in Georgia and DC.

No gag order, but the judge warns against inciting violence.
Well, I applaud that judge's stomach, but the thought of a morbidly obese manatee like Trump having sex is going to have an unpleasant reaction. I doubt I'm the only one.

Mr Trump has been officially charged, and hopefully, this is just the first in a long line of upcoming indictments. This is a good day for America, whatever the eventual outcome of the case may be. I await future indictments related to his election interference efforts in Georgia and DC.
Welcome to the forum, Eric. Why don't you drop by the Lounge and introduce yourself.

There will be several rounds of legal manuvering. Trump's laywers will get to respond. Then the prosecuters respond.Then discovery starts. If Trump is unlucky, superceding charges may be added as discovery procedes. Trial is expected to not start until September.

Back
Top Bottom