• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Some Russian commentators sounded just like MAGA right-wing commentators,
Not different from "MAGA right-wing commentators sound just like Russian commentators."

Reagan has to be spinning in his grave.
Tom
I'm old enough to remember the Cold War, and I agree on being baffled by this huge shift.

Especially since Vladimir Putin and his supporters talk about the fall of the Soviet Union as a great geopolitical catastrophe, as if it is something that ought to be undone.

Some Russian commentators sounded just like MAGA right-wing commentators
Yeah, I suspect you're putting the cart before the horse there.

MAGA commentators aren't generally smart enough to come up with these complex conspiracy theories, but they're certainly dumb enough to believe and propagate them, once the Russians have planted and encouraged them.

There isn't really any benefit for MAGA commentators in believing this tripe; But there's a huge benefit for Russia in destabilising the USA.

Disinformation has been a Russian specialty for well over a century now.

Some Russian commentators sounded just like MAGA right-wing commentators,
Not different from "MAGA right-wing commentators sound just like Russian commentators."

Reagan has to be spinning in his grave.
Tom
I have zero sympathy for Reagan, his corpse or his so called legacy.

Reactions: jab

MAGA commentators aren't generally smart enough to come up with these complex conspiracy theories, but they're certainly dumb enough to believe and propagate them, once the Russians have planted and encouraged them.

There isn't really any benefit for MAGA commentators in believing this tripe; But there's a huge benefit for Russia in destabilising the USA.

Of course there’s benefit for right wing commentators:$$$

Of course there’s benefit for right wing commentators:$$$

Outrage draws in audience/market share, which draws in advertisement hrevenues plus all those paid speaking engagements, endorsements, etc.

Money don’t talk, it swears.

June 27 (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday sued E. Jean Carroll for defamation, alleging she falsely accused him of rape after a jury in a civil trial found that he sexually abused her.

Trump's counterclaim against Carroll in Manhattan federal court comes after a jury's unusual finding in May that he sexually abused and defamed but did not rape Carroll, a former Elle magazine advice columnist.

Trump seeks a retraction as well as unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.

Carroll's lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, said in a statement that Trump's filing was "nothing more than his latest effort to delay accountability" for the jury's verdict.

Bwahahahah! This makes me laugh!

The New York Times reports that the political network founded by right-wing businessmen Charles and David Koch is plotting a $70 million campaign to "sink" former President Donald Trump ahead of the 2024 Republican Party primary.

While the Kochs have in the past signaled their willingness to spend to defeat the former president, the Times reports that the network is becoming more aggressive as polls show Trump absolutely dominating the Republican primary electorate despite the fact that he was impeached twice during his first term and has since been indicted twice on dozens of felony charges.

However, the Kochs have yet to find a potential candidate who seems capable of bringing Trump down among GOP voters.

So Trump is losing the multi-billionaire demographic? That's gotta sting.

More charges against the Trumpster and his lawyers.

The DOJ has made preparations for a “superseding indictment,” which are additional charges that may include allegations of more serious crimes against a defendant, according to the report, which cites sources familiar with the matter.

Andrew Feinberg writes for The Independent that "Prosecutors are now prepared to 'stack' an 'additional 30 to 45 charges' on top of the 37-count indictment brought against Mr Trump on 8 June. They would do so using evidence against the ex-president that has not yet been publicly acknowledged by the department, including other recordings prosecutors have obtained which reveal Mr Trump making incriminating statements."

Bwahahahah! This makes me laugh!

You know what makes me laugh, in a bitter way, about this?

I see Trump as the end result of a plan by billionaires, including the Kochs, to take over the GOP and turn it into the party of easily lead idiots. That effort was called the TeaParty. It has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

The legacy of their efforts is a high powered conman who remains the top contender for the Republican nomination, despite getting his butt kicked by an elderly gent, with a miscreant child, in the 2020 election.

The MTGreene vs LBoebert catfight over who hates our current president more.

George <snicker> Santos squealing about "the integrity of Congress".

Etc.
Etc.

If it weren't for state sanctioned voting fraud and media lies, there'd be no Republicans left at all.
Tom

I had wondered WTF about Jack Smith's putting off Trump's trial until December. Now it makes sense. Many new charges against Trump. New evidence to put before a grand jury. New indictments. A mighty shit storm is going to sweep Trump and his partners in crime away. At first the delay ticked me off. But now I see something very serious is going on that means that delay has some very good reasons behind it.

Well, the Kochs have become never Trumpers after leading the charge to install their moron. 70 m$ raised to keep him from the Republican nomination… good luck with that. Cheato can grift that from his suckers before breakfast, as long as there are indictments to complain about.
Too bad the Kicks can’t find another puppet to install - it would have to be an improvement.

The problem for the Kooks is, both Trumpo and DeSatan are so unpopular, they will lose in 2024 and may drag down the GOP with them. There is at this moment, no other GOP useful idiot that has a clear path to win the GOP nomination.

The problem for the Kooks is, both Trumpo and DeSatan are so unpopular, they will lose in 2024 and may drag down the GOP with them. There is at this moment, no other GOP useful idiot that has a clear path to win the GOP nomination.
Zackly. I can’t understand why they can’t put out a call for a useful idiot. I know there are lots of Republican idiots, do it must be the “useful” bit that is lacking.

We are one Biden health reversal away from a Repub win. NEVER count these neofascists out. Remember back in 2015, when conventional wisdom had it that Trump was a passing diversion, a comedy that would play itself out by fall? We are in a new era of minority rule, and I don't think we're near the crest of the wave.

If Biden were to keel over dead tomorrow, we would have a good number of worthy Democratic candidates to consider. I would not worry. Facing criminal Trump or crazed fascist DeSantis would make things easier.

That may be true tomorrow, but picture a Biden health crisis in late summer/early fall of 2024, and we'd be in bad trouble. Harris is not popular at all. Of course, Trump may well be a convicted felon by then, but so far, his arrests are helping him with his party faithful. By any odds, we are in for the nastiest election year yet. The country's going to look like a freak show to the rest of the world.

If Biden were to keel over dead tomorrow, we would have a good number of worthy Democratic candidates to consider. I would not worry. Facing criminal Trump or crazed fascist DeSantis would make things easier.
I see why you are called Cheerful Charlie. You are very optimistic!

I am less optimistic.

Trump received 74,223,975 votes last time around. That's a lot of fascists. Add to that the possibility of election shenanigans in MAGA controlled state legislatures and I think we could very well end up with a Trumpy White House again.

Back
Top Bottom