• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Jack Smith may very well end Trump's political career. If Trump is convicted and section 14ed, he is so very done. DeSantis is obviously a lunatic only extreme loonies could vote for. The women's vote in 2024 is going to be very GOP unfriendly. Young generations are not GOP supporters. It is going to get ugly by November 2024.

Actually, I'm glad there's some optimism on my side of things. I'm not quite there with you. It will take a lot to get me over 11/8/2016, when the Comey announcement really did tip the scales for Orangey. (I'll remember for a long time the MSNBC show on the night of 11/7... it was probably O'Donnell's show... where a guest from Princeton put Hillary's victory odds at greater than 99%.)

The problem for the Kooks is, both Trumpo and DeSatan are so unpopular, they will lose in 2024 and may drag down the GOP with them. There is at this moment, no other GOP useful idiot that has a clear path to win the GOP nomination.

Just remember that the US does not really hold popular elections for the presidency, so the winner of the 2024 election will just need to capture some swing states. It is those states where most of the campaign money and resources will be focused. States like California are marginalized in presidential elections, and many purple states are being dragged into the red by Republican-controlled state legislatures.

Abortion, birth control, women's health issues will play an important roll in swing states in 2024. I do not see how Kook's $70 millions against Trump helf the GOP. DeSantis and his anti-woke crusade will repel more people in swing states than attract. Attacks on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid et al are not going to get young voters excited. The economy is not going sour as bad as two years ago. Greedflation is something the GOP's corporate masters committed, and the GOP has not cared. Drug prices. The Congress had a chance to do something but the GOP voted no.

It is going to get ugly by November 2024
You think that is going to be ugly, just wait until January 2025.
The trumptards are going to freak out (again) when Cheato tells them the got ripped off again.
No, they won't. Trump isn't going to be the nominee. Do you know how I know? Because it is "conventional wisdom" Trump will be the nominee. Follow the money no sensible Republican (the people with the money) will want to lose the House and Senate just to appease Trump's ego.

The True Believers will stay at home. There will be no repeat of Jan 6 in 2025

Neither Trump nor DeSantis are going to be the Republican nominees.

Hard to say. If Trump is sent to Club Fed, it could be DeSantis. Nobody else is out of single digits. Maybe Will Hurd is the only GOP candidate that isn't as bad as Trump or DeSantis. He thus has not a chance. 2024 for the GOP is going to get weird. I think we will see a nation in despair by election day.

Neither Trump nor DeSantis are going to be the Republican nominees.

Hard to say. If Trump is sent to Club Fed, it could be DeSantis. Nobody else is out of single digits. Maybe Will Hurd is the only GOP candidate that isn't as bad as Trump or DeSantis. He thus has not a chance. 2024 for the GOP is going to get weird. I think we will see a nation in despair by election day.

I mean, the conventional wisdom in 2015 was that Trump was a joke, and there was no way he could win the GOP nod. Obviously, a lot has changed since then.

There's a better than average chance that at least some trial will be underway by November of next year. There's a better than average chance that the rest of the indictments (Georgia, January 6th) will be delivered by then as well, possibly even with trial dates set. A conviction in the next 16 months? Maybe? Trump actually sent to Club Fed? Very unlikely.

If I had to take a guess - not a prediction - it would be that such a trial (which would be the proverbial Trial of the Century) would galvanize Trump's supporters in a way that makes January 6th look like it was actually a bunch of tourists. What happens in that situation? I might as well start shopping for the Ferrari I plan to buy when I win the lotto, because whatever numbers I pick I'll probably be wrong.

The GOP will be in a helluva pickle. Their entire base will be lined up behind Trump, and even if DeSantis were a good candidate (he's not) he wouldn't get traction against Captain Grievance. Christie might be a halfway decent choice for the far-off day when the Republican Party tries to rebuild as something more sane in the aftermath of what's coming, but I don't see him (or Haley, or any others) being the "sane" choice next year. The party is on a trajectory towards crazy, with the likes of Marjorie Trailer Queen, Bobo, and Kari Lake grabbing all the attention. It doesn't help that the Tea Party element ran all the moderates out of the party a decade or more ago either. The GOP is like that ship in Speed II: Cruise Control. It is headed for disaster, and nobody can stand to watch it.

If I had to take a guess - not a prediction - it would be that such a trial (which would be the proverbial Trial of the Century) would galvanize Trump's supporters in a way that makes January 6th look like it was actually a bunch of tourists.

They are going to give up on Trump LONG before then. How do I know? Because their media will give up on Trump and they will obey.

These people will either stay home or they will fall in line and act like they were always following the candidate that gets nominated.

DeSantis is the poster child of weakness... the Republican can smell it on him and his run in all but dead.

If I was a true believer, that's what I would truly believe.

Anyhow - If half of the true believing trumpsuckers stay home, the people with the money surely know they'll lose BIGLY - even in places considered strongholds. The House for sure, the Senate most likely and ... unless a knight in shining armor shows up to politically slay the Trumposaurus Dragon, the Presidency too.

Who is it going to be, AdamWho?
If not Trump and not DeSantis, then who, AdamWho, who?

I suspect if Trump flames out and goes to prison, it would be DeSantis by default. Nobody wants him, but the GOP gets him. There is no hero going to bail the GOP out. No last minute savior. No sane Republican can win. Not even Lynn Cheney. Maybe Tucker Carlson might run.

Great Galloping Cthulhu! Trump also pressured Arizona's governor to overturn the election. Not just Georgia.

Donald Trump placed a call to former Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) just after the 2020 presidential election in an effort to pressure him to overturn the election results, reports the Washington Post.

Citing multiple sources, the bombshell report states that not only did the former president make a call, he also "repeatedly" attempted to get former vice president Mike Pence to join in on the pressure campaign and that Pence did call but did not press the issue
The Post report goes on to state that it is not known if Smith's investigators have yet been in contact with Ducey.

Great Galloping Cthulhu! Trump also pressured Arizona's governor to overturn the election. Not just Georgia.

Donald Trump placed a call to former Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) just after the 2020 presidential election in an effort to pressure him to overturn the election results, reports the Washington Post.

Citing multiple sources, the bombshell report states that not only did the former president make a call, he also "repeatedly" attempted to get former vice president Mike Pence to join in on the pressure campaign and that Pence did call but did not press the issue
The Post report goes on to state that it is not known if Smith's investigators have yet been in contact with Ducey.

"Bombshell" is a bit of hyperbole, though. While Ducey was signing off on the election results, his cell phone went off, with the ringtone (Hail to the Chief) very much suggesting it was Trump calling him. He turned the ringer off, and kept certifying the results.

This did not go over well with Herr Mangostain.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he called every Republican governor in any state where it looked like Biden was going to win, and petulantly demand that they "do something" to change the outcome. Arizona also sent fake electors, and had the infamous Cyber Ninja "audit," so it wouldn't be a shocker to discover that Trump applied more pressure than just one phone call (and a subsequent very angry phone call) to Ducey.

If I was a true believer, that's what I would truly believe.

Anyhow - If half of the true believing trumpsuckers stay home, the people with the money surely know they'll lose BIGLY - even in places considered strongholds. The House for sure, the Senate most likely and ... unless a knight in shining armor shows up to politically slay the Trumposaurus Dragon, the Presidency too.

Who is it going to be, AdamWho?
If not Trump and not DeSantis, then who, AdamWho, who?

I don't know who. I am just very confident that it will not be Trump or Desantis. My evidence is that the Republican money people seem to believe the same thing.

I’m sure that the money people are vexed as hell with the situation, but I doubt that all of their king-making apparatus combined can produce a candidate that they’ll see as more viable than Trump. More likely they’ll let him run, and try to split the Dem vote by backing some independent centrist.

I suspect sooner or later, the big money donors will have a meeting to decide what to do and who to support. Their Tea Party plot turned into a Q-Tard, Trump disaster. They lost control. Now what? The crazies are setting up the GOP for disaster over the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom