• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
I look forward to the drip drip … starting with the little stuff, and working toward the more serious felonies. By the time Hair Furor is booked for treason, it will be an everyday occurrence and his idiot sycophants will be tired of hitting up street corners and acting like crazy people every month or two.
Trump getting arrested will be officially “normalized”. “Everyone knows he is a criminal” will finally be literally true.

Fn0EtOaXkAMPoru

Noel Casler said Trump often shit his pants while taping The Apprentice. They nicknamed the show "The Shit Show".

I feel sorry for them.

What they want is legitimate: freedom, safety, good prospects for their kids, etc. I just think they are looking for those things in the wrong places, accepting empty promises in exchange for loyalty.
I don't think so. I think under the cloth, these a bigoted mofos. We've seen Reagan Republicans become moderate Democrats. Those be the people that like freedom and safety. The other ones are marching about with flaming tiki torches, railing about the Jews (I mean globalism) and returning us to the golden age where fags and blacks were not to be seen or heard.

And who taught them to rail against the Jews, to want to marginalize blacks and homosexuals? From where did they learn to be so outraged at fellow humans who mostly want the same things they do? If they have been manipulated into acting against their own best interests, or at least hating others who mean no harm against them, are they not worthy of pity? It would be easy to laugh at them when they suffer, or hate them in return if they prosper, but would that change anything? Would that not make them dig in even deeper to protect themselves?

Former President Donald Trump spent the weekend firing off all-caps grievances on Truth Social as he expects to be indicted in Manhattan for his role in a hush-money scheme involving adult film actress Stormy Daniels.

Trump claimed on Saturday that he expects to be arrested on Tuesday following a yearslong probe led by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg into the $130,000 payment to Daniels as the 2016 presidential campaign was winding down. Trump's spokesperson, however, said he received no formal notice of indictment from Bragg.

Trump repeatedly targeted Bragg in all-caps missives, accusing the prosecutor of being "racist" against him and criticizing his ties to Democratic megadonor George Soros. Trump repeatedly suggested that Bragg was diverting resources to his investigation instead of addressing what Trump falsely called the "biggest violent crime wave in the history" of New York City. Violent crimes in the city have consistently declined since a pandemic spike that still never came close to the crime rates the city saw under former Mayor Rudy Giuliani in the 1990s.
Trump at one point sought to appeal to officers on the New York Police Department, whose largest union endorsed his presidential bid.

"CAN YOU IMAGINE THE GREAT NEW YORK CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT, CORRECTLY REFERRED TO AS 'NEW YORK CITY'S FINEST,' WHO, FOR THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME IN HISTORY, ENDORSED A PRESIDENT, ME, & HONORED ME AS 'MAN OF THE YEAR,' HAVING TO DEFEND & PROTECT THE 'DEFUNDERS' & 'COP HATERS' OF THE RADICAL LEFT THAT WANT TO PUT THEIR GREATEST CHAMPION & FRIEND IN PRISON FOR A CRIME THAT DOESN'T EXIST…ALL THE WHILE THE SOROS BACKED D.A. ALLOWS MURDERERS & OTHER VIOLENT CRIMINALS TO FREELY ROAM THE SIDEWAKS OF N.Y.?" Trump wrote.

Trump court delaying tactics slapped down by mean old judge.
Minutes before Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron was to gavel in late Tuesday morning, a bomb threat was called in to 911, delaying a pre-trial hearing in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ $250 million civil fraud lawsuit against Donald Trump and his adult children, but only for about 30 minutes.

Over the weekend Trump urged his supporters to “protest,” and “take our country back.” He also claimed he would be indicted on Tuesday. It’s not known who called in the bomb threat, but it wasn’t the delay Trump’s attorneys were hoping for.

Once the hearing began, Trump’s attorneys asked the judge for a six-month delay, Law & Crime reports.
They were denied.

Donald Trump has told advisers that he wants to be handcuffed when he makes an appearance in court, if he is indicted by a Manhattan grand jury for his role in paying hush money to adult film star Stormy Daniels, multiple sources close to the former president have said.

The former president has reasoned that since he would need to go to the courthouse and surrender himself to authorities for fingerprinting and a mug shot anyway, the sources said, he might as well turn everything into a “spectacle”.

Trump’s increasing insistence that he wants to be handcuffed behind his back for a perp walk appears to come from various motivations, including that he wants to project defiance in the face of what he sees as an unfair prosecution and that it would galvanize his base for his 2024 presidential campaign.

But above all, people close to Trump said, he was deeply anxious that any special arrangements – like making his first court appearance by video link or skulking into the courthouse – would make him look weak or like a loser.

But above all, people close to Trump said, he was deeply anxious that any special arrangements – like making his first court appearance by video link or skulking into the courthouse – would make him look weak or like a loser.
Yes, because being handcuffed and walked by police projects an image of strength. Maybe the police will take his advice and not be gentle with him when they put him in the squad car.

Back
Top Bottom