• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Various press sources are claiming that T's legal fund will run out in mid-summer, at which point he would either depend on renewed fund raising efforts or on getting the RNC to cough up the cash. Either way, he'll be diverting money away from his campaign (that is, unless he envisions his rants out on the sidewalk when he storms out of court to be campaign stops.)

So GA SoS shakedown and NY bank fraud trials on show today. Waiting to hear that bank fraud is protected speech.
Trump is obviously not sane. And so many MAGAts
just eat this stuff up and beg for more.

Cthulhu help us all!
I think it's not "not sane", but that his mind is too far gone for "sane" to be a relevant concept.
Competency is one thing, but he appears to definitely be sociopathic and a narcissist which causes him to view the world from a very fine tuned lens. He is also a fraud that depends on image for money, so he has lied so much to protect his image that it might almost be awkward for him not to lie.

March 25. Trump goes on trial in the case of the Stormy Daniels hush money
case. All attempts to delay or avoid this trial have failed. And more shoes
are poised to drop as other trails loom ahead of Trump.

Various press sources are claiming that T's legal fund will run out in mid-summer, at which point he would either depend on renewed fund raising efforts or on getting the RNC to cough up the cash. Either way, he'll be diverting money away from his campaign (that is, unless he envisions his rants out on the sidewalk when he storms out of court to be campaign stops.)
Or he could actually do what he said he was going to do in 2015, not take or need donations because he is so fabulously rich. He could pay out of his great "fortune." I would certainly love to see him have to do exactly that. But it won't happen. Too many idiots who like sending their money to a billionaire.

I don't think the RNC has a lot of money. The Trump campaign has sucked up all the donations.

What is the trial actually about? Wasn't this one of the few instances where he actually paid?

What is the trial actually about? Wasn't this one of the few instances where he actually paid?
Way back when this seemed like a bigger deal and Trump's crimes against the nation weren't quite as large yet, the issue with the payoff was that the payments were done in such a way to be under the radar... ie they were trying to hide the payoff. This was and still remains wire fraud, I believe.

He didn’t pay with his own money.

There were multiple options here to not get in trouble and he took none of them, starting with not cheating on his wife and ending with not faking business records to cover up that he used political donations to avoid paying with his own money.

Back then he thought he might actually lose votes if his supporters found out something this bad about him. This time around he knows better.

I don't think the RNC has a lot of money. The Trump campaign has sucked up all the donations.
Meanwhile, the Fed Chairman indicated that if the trials against Trump aren't allowed to go through to completion, the US could drop into a recession as the endless spending on lawyers and grift is currently responsible for 2/3's of current economic growth.

He didn’t pay with his own money.

There were multiple options here to not get in trouble and he took none of them, starting with not cheating on his wife and ending with faking business records to cover up that he used political donations to avoid paying with his own money.
I thought if he had used campaign money, it'd be quite legal (God bless America!), but it was that it was undisclosed that makes that avenue an issue.

I just read the wikipedia article on the Stromy/Donald scandal -- twice -- and I can't get it all straight in my head, probably because Trump wants the source of the money to be murky. It will certainly be argued in court until we're all sick of it. I gather that one reason Cohen got a 3-year sentence was that the $130,000, which originally came from his own funds, was considered a campaign contribution that had to be reported. After that, it's such a thicket of explanations that I can't absorb it all. Supposedly Trump paid Cohen back in the form of his monthly retainer. He says it was not a campaign matter, it was protection for his family. He now denies he had sex with Stormy (what better reason to pay $130 grand for silence, right?)
I just want New York to reserve a steel toilet on Rykers for Trump. Make it one that gurgles all night.

Proves that you can't put a price on crime... oh wait... yes you can. :)

State of NY will need to get in line.

I can only hope that Trump is desperate, doing Cameos online in three years, trying to pay off all of these fines... and not in the White House burning our nation and the Western World to the ground. I'd say we are 50/50 at the moment.

I'm buying a couple Trumpinator bobbleheads.

Barf

Proud patriot that I am.
I’m going to get the bank to loan me $400 with a piece of horse poop that has Jesus’ face on it (if you hold it just right), for collateral. Then I can get the golden high tops. That they call them “tennis shoes” reveals what a crappy player Trump is, but they’re golden, won’t sell real well and will almost certainly appreciate. In fact as soon as I get them I’ll list them on Facebook for a few grand. If they don’t sell, no problem. I’ll just value them at $40,000 or so, and depreciate them so I save many many times more in taxes than I - or rather, the bank paid for them. 🤗 Life is good when your frauds have no victims!

Back
Top Bottom