• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The death of Tyre Nichols

The police are not civilian primary responders dedicated to the protection and service of the public. They are in the latter stages of becoming a fully militarized occupying force that sees the general population not as a citizenry but as either civilians, combatants, or collateral damage.

The police are not civilian primary responders dedicated to the protection and service of the public. They are in the latter stages of becoming a fully militarized occupying force that sees the general population not as a citizenry but as either civilians, combatants, or collateral damage.
And they pull us over for having expired tags and broken tail lights. For those of us tired of paying the MAN for annual car registrations and forced to keep proper car maintenance, abolishing the police is the way to go. Also gonna up my collection of ghost guns.

And they pull us over for having expired tags and broken tail lights. For those of us tired of paying the MAN for annual car registrations and forced to keep proper car maintenance, abolishing the police is the way to go. Also gonna up my collection of ghost guns.
Daunte Knight thinks you left out a minor detail there. Just so we're clear, I'm all for the cops you fantasise about. I wish they were real too.

Chauvin acted out of malice and a desire to cause harm.
Have you got evidence of this?

I don't think you do. I think you're accepting the media accounts the way TSwizzle accepts the media accounts concerning Hunter Biden's laptop.

It matches your preconceived notions. You put on your ideological blinders. You think it's obvious.
Tom

I saw the video. That's my evidence. He looked extremely pleased with himself.

I saw the video where Nicholas Sandmann assaulted a Native American elder. He looked extremely pleased with himself.

That's my evidence.
Tom

I saw the video. That's my evidence. He looked extremely pleased with himself.

I saw the video where Nicholas Sandmann assaulted a Native American elder. He looked extremely pleased with himself.

That's my evidence.
Tom
Everyone lived to tell their side of the story in the Sandman incident. No one was in custody. No one died. No one committed a crime. No police were involved.

None of Sandman’s fellow students suggested to him that he was perhaps being disrespectful, much less causing the elder any physical harm.

I don't have access to this article but I'm told it discusses the numerous contradictory and unachievable orders to Mr. Nichols.
I have a subscription and am gifting the article below:

Everyone should have access now.

Thanks.
Weak sauce IMHO. "Bothsidesism" rationalized via ideal-straddling, and no practical observation outside of the fact that people seek bias confirmation, a fact long known to and acknowledged by anyone and everyone with one shred of introspective ability.

Thanks.
Weak sauce IMHO. "Bothsidesism" rationalized via ideal-straddling, and no practical observation outside of the fact that people seek bias confirmation, a fact long known to and acknowledged by anyone and everyone with one shred of introspective ability.
Agreed, fully! That is what I've been saying all along! :D

This sounds familiar to the Georgia case, where the officers were on site, helping the killers to relax and not even attending to the murder victim. Tamir Rice's sister was put in the back of a police car while his brother died (that case, maybe first aid couldn't have helped, but we certainly know it wasn't even attempted until others (FBI?) showed up). And this is the bias thing again, where a victim of police (or police adjacent) violence is presumed to be guilty.

... this is the bias thing again, where a victim of police (or police adjacent) violence is presumed to be guilty.

That seems pretty believable to me. Criminals often come up with excuses and are dishonest about health issues once arrested/in custody. So, when police are dealing with anyone and seem to project they dealt with such a person, people will tend to believe it on their authority. Race could also play a factor in multiple levels of trust/assumptions/factors contributing into inferences. I think EMTs ought to be more duty-driven and objective.

... this is the bias thing again, where a victim of police (or police adjacent) violence is presumed to be guilty.

That seems pretty believable to me. Criminals often come up with excuses and are dishonest about health issues once arrested/in custody. So, when police are dealing with anyone and seem to project they dealt with such a person, people will tend to believe it on their authority. Race could also play a factor in multiple levels of trust/assumptions/factors contributing into inferences. I think EMTs ought to be more duty-driven and objective.
The lack of assistance by the EMTs I found particularly stunning.

A lot of derailing posts about the Floyd/Chauvin incident have been moved to the appropriate thread. Derails are against the TOU.

There are other derails going on in this thread also. Do not participate in those. They need to stop now. You are being warned that you may be putting your access to the forum in jeopardy.

Back
Top Bottom