• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The giant space goat

You are probably mistaken with Baphomet. The bible is with you. Beware of false Gods

They are all false gods. Not one of them has ever bothered to show up in person, nor has any human ever provided meaningful evidence to support their existence. If any of them do actually exist, they do not interact with our universe in any observable way, and can safely be ignored.

Wait. Are you saying that the Flying Spaghetti Monster isn't real?

When you say all that stuff, you're only talking about the false gods, right? You can't possibly mean that stuff about the one real god. Because if that's what you think, you're going to suffer in an afterlife that has a beer volcano with inferior beer. ;)

When you say all that stuff, you're only talking about the false gods, right? You can't possibly mean that stuff about the one real god.

Come on now which is it , spaghetti monster or space goat? you can't be luke skyw warm and serve two masters.

Because if that's what you think, you're going to suffer in an afterlife that has a beer volcano with inferior beer. ;)

No , this is what people would think of in a "rather hot" place, even inferior beer is more than welcome.:p

Last edited:

When you say all that stuff, you're only talking about the false gods, right? You can't possibly mean that stuff about the one real god. Because if that's what you think, you're going to suffer in an afterlife that has a beer volcano with inferior beer. ;)

Come on now which is it , spaghetti monster or space goat? you can't be luke skyw warm and serve two masters.
Can so. You can worship one realio truly existing god that protects your home town (like Zeus Bottiaeus), AND worship another realio truly existing godlike Hephaestus as the patron of your profession of blacksmithing AND worship your realio truly existing family goddess of Bast who protects your bloodline...

Just like you can pray to the patron saint of travel while your military unit is flying to the theater, but once you get to the forward base start praying to the patron saint of soldiers, and when you get hit, lay there bleeding and pray to the patron saint of healing...

..All pretty much equally effective. It just depends on what you're willing to accept as evidence that the skybuddy (buddies) is(are) real, and their applicability to your situation.

I think there is something to this argument about space goat. I pulled some numbers out of my imagination and put them together and dared call it statisitcs. I came to the conclusion that it is more likely that Boltzmann's Buttocks would appear out of nowhere for a few seconds, take a crap, and then disappear back into the cosmic nothingness than it would be for all that we know about life and universe would form and evolve all on its own.

Well, praying to the patron saint of placebo effects actually causes placebo effects...

You can't prove that either of them aren't real, so both of them are real and the one true God. Therefore your god is fake. Aren't you glad that I have you the good news?

Because if that's what you think, you're going to suffer in an afterlife that has a beer volcano with inferior beer. ;)

No , this is what people would think of in a "rather hot" place, even inferior beer is more than welcome.:p

Threats don't make things true. I cover that in another thread.

https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?9795-Dear-Christian-threats-don-t-make-things-true

Can so. You can worship one realio truly existing god that protects your home town (like Zeus Bottiaeus), AND worship another realio truly existing godlike Hephaestus as the patron of your profession of blacksmithing AND worship your realio truly existing family goddess of Bast who protects your bloodline...

Just like you can pray to the patron saint of travel while your military unit is flying to the theater, but once you get to the forward base start praying to the patron saint of soldiers, and when you get hit, lay there bleeding and pray to the patron saint of healing...

..All pretty much equally effective. It just depends on what you're willing to accept as evidence that the skybuddy (buddies) is(are) real, and their applicability to your situation.

I don't think we should completely discount the psychological effect of ritual praying. Even if it is just a placebo.

You can't prove that either of them aren't real, so both of them are real and the one true God. Therefore your god is fake. Aren't you glad that I have you the good news?

I suppose its good news ...so could you post a pic or vid of you holding todays paper(as they do in the movies) to show these non believers you are indeed in the 'image' of the space goat.

Indeed you did, I'm waiting for you to cover "Threats don't make things true , unless they are true"
;)

Last edited:
All gods are false. But some Gods are more false than others. The trick is to choose a very false God who you don't have to believe in but who is fun. The God you'd be happy to have a beer with.

Indeed you did, I'm waiting for you to cover "Threats don't make things true , unless they are true"
No, Learner.

If something is true, it could be true for many reasons. But threats are not one of them.

The reason that 2 + 2 = 4 is true is NOT because I'll behead you if it's not.

No, Learner.

If something is true, it could be true for many reasons. But threats are not one of them.

True, not disagreeing with your post I would really use the term "warnings" as in the resulting of consequences or disasters by knowingly going against the wiser choices which isn't in the same "threat context"(like beheading etc) as portrayed by OP.

No, Learner.

True, not disagreeing with your post I would really use the term "warnings" as in the resulting of consequences or disasters by knowingly going against the wiser choices which isn't in the same "threat context"(like beheading etc) as portrayed by OP.
Saying it's the wiser choice BECAUSE OF THE CONSEQUENCES is a threat argument, Learner. However the 'warnings' are meant, you're still pushing the threat.

Saying it's the wiser choice because of better evidence would not be a threat.
OR, you know, ANY objective evidence. Any evidence that is evidence before you accept the conclusions...

I suppose its good news ...so could you post a pic or vid of you holding todays paper(as they do in the movies) to show these non believers you are indeed in the 'image' of the space goat.
I already gave my proof.

Besides, if you can't disprove them, then that means they definitely exist, as I already said.

;)

Even if the threats are true, that still doesn't mean that the threat makes it true.

Let's say that I threaten to torture you unless you believe that the moon is made of green cheese. If I really intend to torture you, does that mean that the moon is made of green cheese? If I actually go through with the torture, does that mean the moon is made of green cheese?

Do you see how this works yet? Threats can't make something true. If something else proves that it is true, then the threat is not what proves it true. Whether the thing is true or not is completely irrelevant.

I already gave my proof.

Besides, if you can't disprove them, then that means they definitely exist, as I already said.
You know how it is with these non believers , I share your dilemma to a point.

Even if the threats are true, that still doesn't mean that the threat makes it true.

Let's say that I threaten to torture you unless you believe that the moon is made of green cheese. If I really intend to torture you, does that mean that the moon is made of green cheese? If I actually go through with the torture, does that mean the moon is made of green cheese?

Threats with false reasons for excusing harmful torture are as you say are "threats". If you said the moon was made of green cheese to God , he would say to you "stop telling lies!"

Do you see how this works yet? Threats can't make something true. If something else proves that it is true, then the threat is not what proves it true. Whether the thing is true or not is completely irrelevant.
Saying it's the wiser choice BECAUSE OF THE CONSEQUENCES is a threat argument, Learner. However the 'warnings' are meant, you're still pushing the threat.

Saying it's the wiser choice because of better evidence would not be a threat.
OR, you know, ANY objective evidence. Any evidence that is evidence before you accept the conclusions...

Depending how things are portrayed imo. Warnings for example; to not play with fire , becareful of the lion creeping up on you in the bushes , mind the gap or stop bullying or else.

Threats with false reasons for excusing harmful torture are as you say are "threats". If you said the moon was made of green cheese to God , he would say to you "stop telling lies!"
But if you said that the sun takes the night off and sleeps in a little chamber, God would thank you for reading the Bible.
Depending how things are portrayed imo. Warnings for example; to not play with fire , becareful of the lion creeping up on you in the bushes , mind the gap or stop bullying or else.
Yes, burning is a consequence of fire. That's not anything like saying that 'fire is true because you'll be burned if you don't accept this truth.'

'How things are portrayed' is not part of the argument at hand. You're not trying to prove something is true based on the consequences of disbelief. Do you really not see the difference?

'Don't stick your hand in the fan while it's operating' as opposed to 'you must believe in the fan spirits because they'll amputate a finger otherwise.'

The universe was farted out of the butt of a giant space goat.

You want me to prove it? *gasp* How dare you? I am offended that you asked me to prove that my truth claim is true! Why can't you respect my beliefs? Why must you be so hateful and attack me so viciously? Why are you so angry?

Well, since you can't be civil, fine. I will offer you your stupid proof.

First, the universe is evidence of the giant space goat. The universe exists, therefore space goat.

Second, you can't explain why there is something rather than nothing, but I can, therefore giant space goat.

Third, you can't prove that a giant space goat didn't fart the universe into existence, therefore giant space goat.

Fourth, the reason you reject the giant space goat is that you have to want to find the giant space goat. You have to seek him with your heart, or you will never find him. Therefore, giant space goat.

Fifth, you can't possibly have purpose or meaning if you don't believe in the giant space goat, therefore giant space goat. Look, you can believe in the giant space goat or you can believe in nothing.

Sixth, if you don't believe in the giant space goat, you will have to eat boogers after you die. You don't want to eat boogers, do you? Look, I can't tell you what to believe. The choice is up to you. Just know that death is coming and that you don't want to eat boogers for eternity. Choose wisely!

Lastly, I have a personal relationship with the giant space goat and I have special feelings that let me know the giant space goat is real.

I bet you feel silly for following that false religion all these years. Aren't you glad that I shared with you the good news about the giant space goat?
Did your goat eat the flying spaghetti monster and drink the celestial tea?

The universe was farted out of the butt of a giant space goat.

You want me to prove it? *gasp* How dare you? I am offended that you asked me to prove that my truth claim is true! Why can't you respect my beliefs? Why must you be so hateful and attack me so viciously? Why are you so angry?

Well, since you can't be civil, fine. I will offer you your stupid proof.

First, the universe is evidence of the giant space goat. The universe exists, therefore space goat.

Second, you can't explain why there is something rather than nothing, but I can, therefore giant space goat.

Third, you can't prove that a giant space goat didn't fart the universe into existence, therefore giant space goat.

Fourth, the reason you reject the giant space goat is that you have to want to find the giant space goat. You have to seek him with your heart, or you will never find him. Therefore, giant space goat.

Fifth, you can't possibly have purpose or meaning if you don't believe in the giant space goat, therefore giant space goat. Look, you can believe in the giant space goat or you can believe in nothing.

Sixth, if you don't believe in the giant space goat, you will have to eat boogers after you die. You don't want to eat boogers, do you? Look, I can't tell you what to believe. The choice is up to you. Just know that death is coming and that you don't want to eat boogers for eternity. Choose wisely!

Lastly, I have a personal relationship with the giant space goat and I have special feelings that let me know the giant space goat is real.

I bet you feel silly for following that false religion all these years. Aren't you glad that I shared with you the good news about the giant space goat?

Clearly these are all aspects of the one true goat. Belief in the FSM or in the celestial teapot is really belief in the Giant Space Goat, but the followers of those ideas have been misled from the true path.

There is only one Goat, and all religions follow him, even though they may not know it.

Clearly these are all aspects of the one true goat. Belief in the FSM or in the celestial teapot is really belief in the Giant Space Goat, but the followers of those ideas have been misled from the true path.

There is only one Goat, and all religions follow him, even though they may not know it.
I'm still skeptical of your goat.
How does the universe evidence your goat?

Back
Top Bottom