• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

THE INCREDIBLE WHITENESS OF BEING

Her lap dog trying to make excuses for her doesn't make her look any better.

This is what she JUST wrote

Athena said:
Whiteness isn't about skin color. Whiteness is a frame of mind. Whiteness is something believed in. Whiteness is what makes you special, a legend in your own mind.

I have quite a few members of my family who if you so saw them you would think them white, you might even say they were white, and if they heard you say it, your day would go down hill really fast. You see, I have understood whiteness for a very long time. Evidently you do not, or perhaps cannot. Don't feel bad, some people never get it.

Athena's wisdom has now shown us that whiteness is a frame of mind, that makes white people feel superior to everybody else. This is why white people oppose wage protections, universal health care, and banking regulation. It is all to keep the black man down. Oh and Athena's rants can't be racist, because she's black. Oh and also, Axulus' argument that cop shootings of black men are higher because black men commit more violent crime is higher, is definitely racist, because Axulus is white. This is what these threads read like to somebody on the outside looking in.
change the meaning of whiteness white man, see if we care it won't help you.

Her lap dog trying to make excuses for her doesn't make her look any better.

This is what she JUST wrote

Athena said:
Whiteness isn't about skin color. Whiteness is a frame of mind. Whiteness is something believed in. Whiteness is what makes you special, a legend in your own mind.

I have quite a few members of my family who if you so saw them you would think them white, you might even say they were white, and if they heard you say it, your day would go down hill really fast. You see, I have understood whiteness for a very long time. Evidently you do not, or perhaps cannot. Don't feel bad, some people never get it.

Athena's wisdom has now shown us that whiteness is a frame of mind, that makes white people feel superior to everybody else. This is why white people oppose wage protections, universal health care, and banking regulation. It is all to keep the black man down.
Since whiteness is a frame of mind, it requires one to adopt or have that frame of mind - if you actually are capable of thinking about it. If you actually read AA's post, you'd see that even people who are not white skinned can have the whiteness frame of mind. That along with the obvious observation that people must acquire or learn a mindset or frame of mind suggests to anyone capable of independent and rational thinking that there are people with white skin who do not have the whiteness mind set.
Oh and Athena's rants can't be racist, because she's black. Oh and also, Axulus' argument that cop shootings of black men are higher because black men commit more violent crime is higher, is definitely racist, because Axulus is white. This is what these threads read like to somebody on the outside looking in.
I seriously doubt your claim for two reasons. One, there are number of posters who clearly disagree. Two, I don't believe anyone whose head is up his ass can read a post.

Nope. The OP may refer to you, but it doesn't refer to me, other than perhaps obliquely. Reading for Comprehension is clearly not your strong suit. Try again.

So it referred to you back when you were conservative 10 years ago?

Not really. I wasn't attached to white supremacy, being married to a Jewish (and Israeli) wife. I was attached to Christianity's supremacy, but that's another thing.

Either way, the reasons for being politically conservative have nothing to do with rational thought.

If you think the OP is talking about all white people, then it is probably just talking about you, since other white people have already voiced their understanding of the OP to be not about them. Like Poppa used to say, throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the only one that squeals is the one that gets hit.
Thank you for acknowledging that I, a generic white person, am not racist. You have no idea how cleansed I now feel.

Reactions: WAB
AA,

Imagine a post like this:

You know, blackness is a powerful thing. You can get special advantage over non-blacks through affirmative action. You have the presidency. One of the leading astrophysicists in the world (Neil DeGrasse Tyson), a credit to the black race. You have the attorney general of the United States.

Is the above a racist rant? Of course it is. So was the OP.

Special advantages through AA.

That's all you got?

AA is discussed here mostly on these boards in terms of college admissions and jobs placement

Black students have the lowest rate of college admissions and black folk across age demos have the highest unemployment rate.

Explain please these advantages again?

If you think the OP is talking about all white people, then it is probably just talking about you, since other white people have already voiced their understanding of the OP to be not about them. Like Poppa used to say, throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the only one that squeals is the one that gets hit.
Thank you for acknowledging that I, a generic white person, am not racist. You have no idea how cleansed I now feel.
You have no idea how little anyone cares.

Whiteness isn't just about "keeping the black man down," it's about keeping EVERYBODY down. Just like a fundamentalist will blow up an abortion clinic or the WTC because he believes God is on his side, so do certain people cling to whiteness, sometimes described as NORMALCY, in order to make them feel secure in the promise of a better day coming.

Whiteness is also used to justify the riches of the rich to the rich, as is classism and the designation "poor white trash," used to differentiate the good deserving white people from the ones too poor for a AMEX Black card.

To group by race we have agreed is immoral on its face. Yet you do it. Try the above rant substituting some racial pejorative for the word "whiteness."

You are grouping by skin color. Yet we have agreed that skin color grouping is racist.

Why, again, is this not a racist rant?

Poetic nonsense.

AA,

Imagine a post like this:

You know, blackness is a powerful thing. You can get special advantage over non-blacks through affirmative action. You have the presidency. One of the leading astrophysicists in the world (Neil DeGrasse Tyson), a credit to the black race. You have the attorney general of the United States.

Is the above a racist rant? Of course it is. So was the OP.

Special advantages through AA.

That's all you got?

AA is discussed here mostly on these boards in terms of college admissions and jobs placement

Black students have the lowest rate of college admissions and black folk across age demos have the highest unemployment rate.

Explain please these advantages again?

Perhaps the reason people have such a hard time understanding what you mean is that you don't use language in the same way as others.

On the surface, what you have said bears no relevance to the question you were asked. By making lots of assumptions and filling in some blanks it could be turned into a response, but why should we have to go to all that trouble, and even if we do, how can we be sure it is actually what you think?

It seems that, what, three people so far, cannot understand the point of the OP.

If you think that it applies to no white people, that there are not bigots voting against their self interests because of their "fear of a black planet" then obviously you have been living under a rock and have not seen the internet, television, or listened to the radio ever in life.

And if you think that admitting that racism exists (personal, institutional or otherwise) in some intangible state, but then you spend every chance you get trying desperately to deny any and all examples of any and all manifestations of it, then you are a liar not only to those around you, but to yourself.

Why is this OP?

If the attempt is to be a divining rod for white bigotry it is a heavy handed, mostly useless, device.

It's a very illuminating thread. Apparently you can make broad sweeping statements about whiteness and many white people think you're not talking about them.

Makes me wonder if the drug of whiteness only affects some subset of white people whether the drug is whiteness after all.

Athena.I get it.I think.
Repubs have been good at convincing poor and middle class white christian voters that if you vote for me you will succeed like me.When in fact they don't give a shit about you. And know you are uninformed and gullible.Thus can be manipulated.

etymology is fun!

Last edited:
We appear to have inherited the tendency, whether genetic or environmental (most probably and combination of both) to search for self identity and our place in the World, and skin colour may be something for some to seize on and inflate in order to create an identity that raises us above the herd. Something more, something better than the 'other' - the people who aren't like 'us,' who don't look like us and don't think like us, therefore are less than us in terms of worth.

Why is this OP?

If the attempt is to be a divining rod for white bigotry it is a heavy handed, mostly useless, device.

It's a very illuminating thread. Apparently you can make broad sweeping statements about whiteness and many white people think you're not talking about them.

Makes me wonder if the drug of whiteness only affects some subset of white people whether the drug is whiteness after all.
Your whiteness is showing, dis. And mine too apparently.

DBT said:
We appear to have inherited the tendency, whether genetic or environmental (most probably and combination of both) to search for self identity and our place in the World, and skin colour may be something for some to seize on and inflate in order to create an identity that raises us above the herd. Something more, something better than the 'other' - the people who aren't like 'us,' who don't look like us and don't think like us, therefore are less than us in terms of worth.
In psychology experiments where subjects have to give away money, they most often give it to people who have more than themselves, not less. The reason is because they don't want to be on the bottom themselves. Whiteness is a kind of money I suppose according to Athena.

Speak for yourself snowflake, a lot of those things don't apply to me.

And noticing some white people think they don't count as white wasn't on the list of things white people do, so I don't see how doing that makes me count as white.

Speak for yourself snowflake, a lot of those things don't apply to me.

And noticing some white people think they don't count as white wasn't on the list of things white people do, so I don't see how doing that makes me count as white.
Sorry, dis. You might think yourself black as the proverbial ace of spades. But you got whiteness. Just being from Texas makes you covered in whiteness.

Back
Top Bottom