• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

nservatives throughout the country were insistent that if he got elected, it was going to be the complete end of the country and doom would befall us all.
Did anyone think Biden could win in 2016?
Only Biden
Really? I don’t remember Biden even glancing at the nomination in 2016.
Bleep me... that was 2008. Yipes!

But he was considering it 2016. Beau had passed away recently though. Beau was supposed to get the nomination at some point.

Well, I’m alarmed.
Joe is bombing early. Hard to watch. His voice is weak and almost unintelligible. Trump lies loudly, so clearly and constantly it almost sounds like he has three times the time that Biden has.

We’re fucked.

:confused: The past all starts to blur together for me too!

But setting aside the conflations, Biden would have won in 2016. He would certainly have done better than Clinton, who came within a hair's-breadth of winning the brass ring herself. But Biden was still mourning the death of his son Beau, and didn't want the added stress of a primary campaign.

The ridiculously long duration of America's Presidential campaigns is a flaw for several reasons. By the time the DNC met in Philadelphia Beau Biden had been dead for 14 months, and Joe was ready to get to work. But given the "horse-race" narratives and foolish consistencies, it was too late.

When Trump gets a question he doesn't like it, he ignores it and talks about what he wants.

Biden needs to do that also. Focus on all the White House aides and Trump Cabinet secretaries who have warned against re-electing this oafish Hitler-wannabe.

Trump will accept the election results "if it's a fair election." In other words, No. Biden needed to push back with "You didn't accept the 2020 election. How about 'Will you accept the election result as declared by CNN?'"

And then we had to hear about golf prowess. Are we all embarrassed? Attack, attack should have been the watch-word. But not about golf prowess.

Preparation for this debate was horrid. Whoever lead Biden's team should be ashamed.

I seem to recall that back in 2016 when Biden was running the first time, conservatives throughout the country were insistent that if he got elected, it was going to be the complete end of the country and doom would befall us all.
What are you talking about? Biden decided against running in 2016. He did run in 2008, but that was before he was Veep, and he did so poorly in Iowa, nobody was talking about him much (although there was a song).
He most definitely could have, and most likely would have. He was 8 years younger, and he is far more personable than Hillary. And he is more popular than her in the Midwest where she lost a bunch of states that should have been layups.

Last edited:
The odds shown at Polymarket have jumped to 63% for Trump vs 20% for Biden. (And the collective chances for Other Democrat -- Newsom, Harris, etc. -- are about 19%.) Betfair shows 58½% vs 17%. (These numbers were racing up and down during the few seconds it took to compose this post.)

I didn't bother to watch, but apparently Biden was bad. Jesus. I've said from the outset that no debate should've taken place because it couldn't do Biden any good and Trump would do what he does.

they should easily win with any candidate other than Trump.
Yeah, but why should they?
They don't want a President, and Trump doesn't want to be President. They want a King and Trump wants to be King.
Someone else might want to be President and that would mean they could be made to go away in four years and the blacks, browns migrants and the dreaded Others® could take over.
Fear is a fabulous motivator. I think the racist 'murkin trumpsucking dickweeds have already won the day.

they should easily win with any candidate other than Trump.
Yeah, but why should they?

because of the potential collateral damage down ballot. They still need Congress to do most of the stuff that presidents say they want to do.

But then again, as you point out, this is through the lens of traditional politics, which clearly aren’t at play.

They don't want a President, and Trump doesn't want to be President. They want a King and Trump wants to be King.
Someone else might want to be President and that would mean they could be made to go away in four years and the blacks, browns migrants and the dreaded Others® could take over.
Fear is a fabulous motivator. I think the racist 'murkin trumpsucking dickweeds have already won the day.

Trump will accept the election results "if it's a fair election." In other words, No. Biden needed to push back with "You didn't accept the 2020 election. How about 'Will you accept the election result as declared by CNN?'"
Yup. That's one "for example" among a thousand.
Preparation for this debate was horrid. Whoever lead Biden's team should be ashamed.
We don't know that. Maybe they did tell Joe to push back with 'Will you accept the election result as declared by CNN?'" but Joe couldn't push all those words out of his mouth.
As I have been saying forever, Biden's diction is so bad compared to Trump's, that alone is sufficient to give Trump the Presidency. And now it appears to have gotten even worse, which I didn't think possible.

Back
Top Bottom