• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Trump amplifies posts calling for televised military tribunal for Liz Cheney

Former President Donald Trump amplified posts on social media calling for a televised military tribunal for former Republican Rep. Liz Cheney and the jailing of top elected officials, including President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

“ELIZABETH LYNNE CHENEY IS GUILTY OF TREASON,” one post created by another user that Trump amplified on his social media website Truth Social on Sunday reads. “RETRUTH IF YOU WANT TELEVISED MILITARY TRIBUNALS.”

Cheney responded on X, “Donald - This is the type of thing that demonstrates yet again that you are not a stable adult—and are not fit for office.”

A separate post Trump amplified on Truth Social Sunday includes photos of 15 former and current elected officials and says, “THEY SHOULD BE GOING TO JAIL ON MONDAY NOT STEVE BANNON!”

In addition to Biden and Harris, the post includes photos of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, former Vice President Mike Pence and members of the House select committee that investigated the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol.
Can people not in the military get a military tribunal?
Well, enemy combatants can be tried in military tribunals. Liz Cheney does not qualify no matter Demented Donny feels.

What? I'm not supporting a christian taliban, I don't even know what you mean.
Then I suggest you do some learning before November rolls around. You profess to be an atheist yet appear to be intending to vote for theocracy.
Sure, sure, because somehow not voting for Biden means I'm all in for a theocracy.
No. It means you're voting for theocracy, whether that's your intent or not.

They're admitting they intend to impose their desires even if they have to use violence to do so.

Have you looked into Project 2025?

Yeah, you can do whatever you want. I'm not going to be bullied into voting for a clearly cognitively incompetent president from a party that you favor and willingly surrender the executive branch to the control of an unelected set of people with a figurehead just because you don't like the other candidate.
So you're going to be voting for a clearly cognitively incompetent president who intends to make us no longer a democracy. Vote Biden in 2024 and you'll get another vote in 2028. Vote The Felon and you won't.

Sounds very much like you want to jump from the frying pan to the fire.

who has been credibly accused of sexual assault, including that of a minor child ( I don’t remember if she was 12 or 13),
Does that alleged child have a name? Is there any evidence?
Trump often appears to be suffering from dementia.
I have watched the debate and saw no signs of dementia. He comported himself far better than Biden.
I do not think Trump should be president again, but your post seems to be just hopium or copium.
The Felon is good at aping, it doesn't stand out. And mostly he's just making canned statements rather than actually thinking.

"By the way, I'm proud to be, as I said, the first vice president, first Black woman, to serve with a Black president." - Joe Biden

If Biden has’one foot in the glue factory,’ how should we characterize the other candidate, three years younger, who, for years has been rumored to suffer fecal incontinence, and who has been rumored, for years, to take copious amounts ts of adderall and other prescription medications for which he may/may not have a prescription,
I was referring to the Biden campaign as a horse with one hoof in the glue factory, not necessarily the man himself. Biden's poll numbers are in free fall currently.
And as far as the rumors about Trump, they are rumors, not confirmed. That said, if the Adderall rumor is true, it could explain his energetic debate performance.
who has been credibly accused of sexual assault, including that of a minor child ( I don’t remember if she was 12 or 13),
I have watched the debate and saw no signs of dementia. He comported himself far better than Biden.
I do not think Trump should be president again, but your post seems to be just hopium or copium.
Actually, by coincidence, there has been a lot released quite recently.

I think this is the woman you are referring to. Its a case from 2016. Its extremely fishy...

The lawsuit accusing Trump of raping a 13-year-old girl, explained
It was the end of an incredibly strange case that featured an anonymous plaintiff who had refused almost all requests for interviews, two anonymous corroborating witnesses whom no one in the press had spoken to, and a couple of seriously shady characters — with an anti-Trump agenda and a penchant for drama — who had aggressively shopped the story around to media outlets for over a year.
Those shady characters — a former reality TV producer who calls himself “Al Taylor” and a “Never Trump” conservative activist named Steve Baer — had been mostly unsuccessful in getting the media to bite. There are a few very good reasons for that, which the Huffington Post’s Ryan Grim succinctly summed up: Taylor and Baer have been really sketchy about the whole thing, and since the accuser is anonymous, journalists can’t do anything to verify her claims. The only journalist who has actually interviewed Johnson, Emily Shugerman at Revelist, came away confused and even doubting whether Johnson really exists.
Sketchy, or is it because they were intimidated out of taking action?

article (my emphasis) said:
The president of The Heritage Foundation, a right-wing think tank, said the Supreme Court’s presidential immunity ruling is encouraging and that the group, known for Project 2025, is already in the process of “taking the country back.”

“We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless if the left allows it to be,” Kevin Roberts said in an interview on Steve Bannon’s “War Room” podcast on Tuesday.

The Supreme Court granted former President Donald Trump limited immunity from prosecution for official acts in the ruling that split the justices 6-3 along ideological lines. Justice Sonia Sotomayor said the ruling dangerously expands the chief executive’s power and makes presidents “a king above the law.”
link

Yeah... they aren't even bothering to hide it anymore.
Hey, can it! Loose lips sink ships!

If Biden has’one foot in the glue factory,’ how should we characterize the other candidate, three years younger, who, for years has been rumored to suffer fecal incontinence, and who has been rumored, for years, to take copious amounts ts of adderall and other prescription medications for which he may/may not have a prescription,
I was referring to the Biden campaign as a horse with one hoof in the glue factory, not necessarily the man himself. Biden's poll numbers are in free fall currently.
And as far as the rumors about Trump, they are rumors, not confirmed. That said, if the Adderall rumor is true, it could explain his energetic debate performance.

I think this is the woman you are referring to. Its a case from 2016. Its extremely fishy...

It was the end of an incredibly strange case that featured an anonymous plaintiff who had refused almost all requests for interviews, two anonymous corroborating witnesses whom no one in the press had spoken to, and a couple of seriously shady characters — with an anti-Trump agenda and a penchant for drama — who had aggressively shopped the story around to media outlets for over a year.
Those shady characters — a former reality TV producer who calls himself “Al Taylor” and a “Never Trump” conservative activist named Steve Baer — had been mostly unsuccessful in getting the media to bite. There are a few very good reasons for that, which the Huffington Post’s Ryan Grim succinctly summed up: Taylor and Baer have been really sketchy about the whole thing, and since the accuser is anonymous, journalists can’t do anything to verify her claims. The only journalist who has actually interviewed Johnson, Emily Shugerman at Revelist, came away confused and even doubting whether Johnson really exists.
I know it is a low bar but they are not sketchier than Mr Trump.

Sketchy because it’s inconvenient. This woman was 13 when she was raped and otherwise she abused by rich and powerful men.

It is not easy to come forward with claims of rape or sexual assault. Easier if you are one of those very few who were dragged into a dark alley by a stranger, preferably black. Which rarely happens.

If memory serves, she withdrew her suit just after Jeffrey Epstein hung or ‘hung’ himself.

This all sounds like a bunch of copium. Sure, things can turn around before the election, but at this point I'm trying to figure out what my role will be when this nation becomes an authoritarian one.

As a true left of center person, I'm going to express disdain and disgust towards my own side; a bunch of spineless fucking rule followers who shit their pants at the possibility they might be criticized by Fox fucking News and the rest of the shrieking nationalist rape mongers. Like that's not going to happen anyway.

"When they go low, we go high!"

Ya' know what? That might've been the death knell for the left in America. What a punchless shitstain of a sentiment. That and ball-less Obama letting Mitch O'Connell ride herd over him by not holding hearings on Merrick Garland. Un-fuckingbelievable. FIND A WAY!!! Make it happen. Find a law, a procedure, a rule of court, history. Instead he did not a goddamn thing. Wanna know why he didn't do anything? Because the entire party was criminally complacent. They thought Trump had no chance.

Blame the slobbering fuckwits who vote for Trump.
Blame Fox News.
Blame the complicit mainstream media who sold this nation down the road in the disingenuous pursuit of "objectivity" when it was all about ratings.

But also be sure to blame the lion's share on Democratic leadership.

Now look at us. A bunch of cunty groveling pants pissers hoping against hope when some random one in a hundred poll comes out that says Biden isn't completely unviable. Pathetic.

This all sounds like a bunch of copium. Sure, things can turn around before the election, but at this point I'm trying to figure out what my role will be when this nation becomes an authoritarian one.
Such drama :rolleyes:

If you really believe this, then why don’t you leave the USA now? Why wait?

To stay and fight to restore his country against the Christian nationalism, maybe?

Are you too stupid to figure out that there are other options than fleeing?

Last edited:
To stay and fight to restore his country against the Christian nationalism, maybe?
Well, I got the impression Colonel a dystopian, authoritarian hell hole was inevitable.

Are you too stupid to figure out that there are other options that fleeing?

Talk to the colonel about it, he’s the one who thinks authoritarian rule is inevitable.

Well, I got the impression Colonel a dystopian, authoritarian hell hole was inevitable.

Are you too stupid to figure out that there are other options that fleeing?

Talk to the colonel about it, he’s the one who thinks authoritarian rule is inevitable.

I think it likely is inevitable too. But the right reaction to it, no matter what, is fighting it.

The election this year isn't about Republicans versus Democrats and their differing policies. It's about siding with Christian nationalist authoritarianism versus siding with the US Constitution.

Are you too stupid to figure out that there are other options than fleeing?
Seriously. Even if cowardice were a virtue, it's not that easy or desirable to just pick up and go. And if the US is falling to authoritarianism, what safe harbor is out there for a left-wing American expat, ayway? Finland? New Zealand? The list is getting awfully short, and if Trump and his goonies follow the Duterte model, diaspora communities don't guarantee safety anyway. Anyone who knows one, knows.

Does anyone know the Canadian policy on refugees?
Probably shit out of luck unless you are a Muslim. They take in Al Qaeda terrorists like the Khadr family no questions asked. They are now taking in a lot of Gazans, despite most of them being radical Muslims.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Canadian policy on refugees?
From another thread:

And if Trump manages to win, he will act as if he won full immunity for everything. If he is able to implement Project 2025, the executive branch becomes an arm of the Trump organization, and will be filled with loyalists, sycophants, and grifters. Since he pretty clearly has the judicial branch, all he would need is the GOP to retain control of the House and win the Senate. He would be - as he said - a dictator on day one. And then on day two. And every day thereafter.

I hear Costa Rica is nice. Low cost of living, nice weather, lots of American expats already living there. Perhaps Canada? I was just talking to my mom about this yesterday before the decision was handed down, and she had an idea. Throw everything we can fit into the boat and head across the river to the Canadian side. If I sold my house, I'd have enough to live abroad for years while America descends into fascism. Which reminds me...I need to renew my passport.
Just make sure to report promptly to an official port of entry, and register as a refugee with the Canadian authorities; Failure to do so will likely result in criminal liability for yourself and your family, and may get you deported back to the USA, unless you can show strong evidence that such a deportation could place your life at risk.

Asylum seekers would be considered in violation of the IRPA if they cross at an unofficial border point, do not promptly go to a port of entry, and do not file a refugee claim. In addition to potential criminal charges, asylum seekers would have their cases rejected.
Wikipedia

You cannot just walk in to Canada.

Well, obviously, you can, but you can't expect to be allowed to live and work there indefinitely if you do, nor can you apply to be able to do so after you have entered the country - unless you are applying for refugee status.

If you want to stay indefinitely, your best bet is to apply for residency before you leave, and to enter via an official port of entry.

Back
Top Bottom