• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Reuters said:
Biden and Trump each had 40% support among registered voters in the two-day poll that concluded on Tuesday. A prior Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted June 11-12 showed Trump with a marginal 2 percentage point lead, 41% to 39%.
Trump, that's -2 points for being full of shit during the debate.
Other polls show Biden hemorrhaging support. For example the recent NY Times/Siena poll:

Trump Widens Lead After Biden’s Debate Debacle, Times/Siena Poll Finds
49-43 among likely voters, a +3 swing for Trump since the debate debacle.

The polling average of 538 is no better. Biden briefly came up for air after the hush money conviction, but now he is 2.3 percentage points underwater.

Changing horses in the middle of the stream may be risky, but keeping the current one (which has one hoof in the glue factory) is probably even riskier.

If Biden has’one foot in the glue factory,’ how should we characterize the other candidate, three years younger, who, for years has been rumored to suffer fecal incontinence, and who has been rumored, for years, to take copious amounts ts of adderall and other prescription medications for which he may/may not have a prescription, who was a frequent flyer with Jeffrey Epstein, who has been adjudicated as rapist, who has been credibly accused of sexual assault, including that of a minor child ( I don’t remember if she was 12 or 13), who has stolen government documents to and who is strongly suspected of sharing those documents with hostile foreign governments ts, who is known to have bragged and shown such documents casually to guests at Mar A Largo and whose son is frequently videotaped while apparently try high on cocaine and/or other assorted drugs and who Has been credibly suspected of numerous accounts of fraud, aside from the 34 felony counts he was found guilty of committing?

Trump often appears to be suffering from dementia.

Why is his candidacy not called more into question?

Looks like RFK has got some 'splainin' to do.

RFK Jr. denies eating a dog while sidestepping sexual assault allegations in Vanity Fair article

CNN —
Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has denied allegations made in a new Vanity Fair report that he had previously eaten a dog while sidestepping accusations of sexual assault levied by a former nanny in the magazine, saying, “I’m not a church boy.”

I knew this was going to be the funnest election evah!!
You will make an absolutely wonderful subject for the king.

Trump is an existential threat to democracy here and throughout the world.
Why do you think this? What do you think Trump will do that will destroy democracy throughout the whole world?
For a person so adamant on women's rights, not certain why you are supporting the Christian Taliban.
What? I'm not supporting a christian taliban, I don't even know what you mean.
Then I suggest you do some learning before November rolls around. You profess to be an atheist yet appear to be intending to vote for theocracy.
Sure, sure, because somehow not voting for Biden means I'm all in for a theocracy.

Why do you think this? What do you think Trump will do that will destroy democracy throughout the whole world?
For a person so adamant on women's rights, not certain why you are supporting the Christian Taliban.
Then I suggest you do some learning before November rolls around. You profess to be an atheist yet appear to be intending to vote for theocracy.
Sure, sure, because somehow not voting for Biden means I'm all in for a theocracy.
As I’ve written before, I also voted third party for POTUS. In the case of those ejections, the worst candidate won. I did not feel better because I ‘voted my principles.’ I felt much, much worse, even though it is mathematically impossibly that my vote made any difference. But if you look at elections that way: no one person’s vote matters in that it does not, by itself, determine the results of an election so why should any of us vote? What does it matter?

The thing is, if enough people decide to not vote, it DOES make a difference. It also makes a difference if enough people vote 3rd party, or some other protest vote.

This is very likely to be an exceedingly close election. Every one should vote as if theirs is THE vote that will tip the election.

One of the two candidates is a much worse human being than the other. Both are old enough and in frail enough condition that it is not unlikely that their VP will assume the duties as POTUS.

One of them has a competent cabinet and set of advisors who are dedicated to serving this country and her people according to the laws and precepts laid out in the US Constitution. The other has proven that he cares nothing for this country or is people and cares only fir his on aggrandizing, listening to whoever flatters him most or most recently.

I don’t think the choices before us are ideal but they are the choices we have. We all just need to grow the fuck up and put aside our personal grudges and select the better candidate. I genuinely believe the future existence of our nation as a democracy and to a certain extent, the future of the world, depends on who is elected.

As I’ve written before, I also voted third party for POTUS. In the case of those ejections, the worst candidate won. I did not feel better because I ‘voted my principles.’ I felt much, much worse, even though it is mathematically impossibly that my vote made any difference. But if you look at elections that way: no one person’s vote matters in that it does not, by itself, determine the results of an election so why should any of us vote? What does it matter?

The thing is, if enough people decide to not vote, it DOES make a difference. It also makes a difference if enough people vote 3rd party, or some other protest vote.

This is very likely to be an exceedingly close election. Every one should vote as if theirs is THE vote that will tip the election.

One of the two candidates is a much worse human being than the other. Both are old enough and in frail enough condition that it is not unlikely that their VP will assume the duties as POTUS.

One of them has a competent cabinet and set of advisors who are dedicated to serving this country and her people according to the laws and precepts laid out in the US Constitution. The other has proven that he cares nothing for this country or is people and cares only fir his on aggrandizing, listening to whoever flatters him most or most recently.

I don’t think the choices before us are ideal but they are the choices we have. We all just need to grow the fuck up and put aside our personal grudges and select the better candidate. I genuinely believe the future existence of our nation as a democracy and to a certain extent, the future of the world, depends on who is elected.
Yeah, you can do whatever you want. I'm not going to be bullied into voting for a clearly cognitively incompetent president from a party that you favor and willingly surrender the executive branch to the control of an unelected set of people with a figurehead just because you don't like the other candidate.

Even in Australia I am well aware that Trump's candidacy is/has/will be called into question. To say his candidacy is not being called into question is just being disingenuous.

(PS: to avoid certain accusations I will say out loud for the studio audience that I would never vote for some like Trump.)

Yeah, you can do whatever you want. I'm not going to be bullied into voting for a clearly cognitively incompetent president from a party that you favor and willingly surrender the executive branch to the control of an unelected set of people with a figurehead just because you don't like the other candidate.
The other candidate wants to be a dictator and the Supreme Court just gave him their blessing.

Who’s bullying you?

Out arguing you, sure.

Bullying you? No.

Trump is cognitively impaired. Also morally impaired. Biden is not cognitively impaired. Both are old. Should either of these two be elected and then become incapacitated, the duly ELECTED VP would assume the duties of POTUS.

Biden’s cabinet is filled with people who have demonstrated their competence and their dedication to the USA and its people.

I strongly suspect that Trump will ‘become incapacitated’ as soon as he is no longer a useful idiot. His previous cabinet was filled with incompetent t. Almost all of his former advisors have publicly stated he should NEVER be near the office again.

Third party candidates? What kind of cabinet will they have? How will they be able to lead?

Vote as it pleases you. But please don’t claim it is in principle.

Even in Australia I am well aware that Trump's candidacy is/has/will be called into question. To say his candidacy is not being called into question is just being disingenuous.

(PS: to avoid certain accusations I will say out loud for the studio audience that I would never vote for some like Trump.)
No, it’s not. At the same time Biden’s debate performance was called a sign of significant cognitive decline, not one major news organization has pointed out Trump’s reliance on a few catch phrases and his extremely limited vocabulary as likely signs of dementia—not to mention his documented difficulty reading or speaking in public ( or private). Sure, it’s talked about but it’s not being reported in.

Reuters said:
Biden and Trump each had 40% support among registered voters in the two-day poll that concluded on Tuesday. A prior Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted June 11-12 showed Trump with a marginal 2 percentage point lead, 41% to 39%.
Trump, that's -2 points for being full of shit during the debate.
Other polls show Biden hemorrhaging support. For example the recent NY Times/Siena poll:

Trump Widens Lead After Biden’s Debate Debacle, Times/Siena Poll Finds
49-43 among likely voters, a +3 swing for Trump since the debate debacle.

The polling average of 538 is no better. Biden briefly came up for air after the hush money conviction, but now he is 2.3 percentage points underwater.

Changing horses in the middle of the stream may be risky, but keeping the current one (which has one hoof in the glue factory) is probably even riskier.
IMG_0645.jpeg

Pragmatism, you need to look it up

Pragmatism, you need to look it up
Agreed. What people don't seem to realize (and I'm not calling Biden the lesser evil) is that if you vote for the lesser evil you are voting for less evil.

This is largely the function of name recognition. Note that candidates other than Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and Michelle Obama all have much higher share of those answering "don't know" or skipping the question. If any of these were to be selected as the nominee, they would have the opportunity to increase their profile.

No, it’s not. At the same time Biden’s debate performance was called a sign of significant cognitive decline, not one major news organization has pointed out Trump’s reliance on a few catch phrases and his extremely limited vocabulary as likely signs of dementia—not to mention his documented difficulty reading or speaking in public ( or private). Sure, it’s talked about but it’s not being reported in.
The thing is that Trump hasn't exhibited any difficulties speaking last Thursday. Had Biden talked like he did in NC on Friday, and Trump had acted like Biden did during the debate, we would have been having a very different discussion over this past week.

Btw, can you point to some examples of Trump showing difficulty reading or speaking?

If it is being said by a reporter then it is being reported as well as said.
Perhaps the confusion (at least on my part) is that so many are calling Trump's candidacy into question for a multitude of reasons - financial probity, fitness, age (78 at least?), erraticness etc. etc. And again despite my location I have heard of questions as to his possible dementia, senility raised.

Third party candidates? What kind of cabinet will they have? How will they be able to lead?
Third party candidates are quite quixotic in a system like ours. The most they can accomplish is to throw it to the House of Representatives by gaining a few EVs. Much more likely is the Nader Florida spoiler effect though.

If Biden has’one foot in the glue factory,’ how should we characterize the other candidate, three years younger, who, for years has been rumored to suffer fecal incontinence, and who has been rumored, for years, to take copious amounts ts of adderall and other prescription medications for which he may/may not have a prescription,
I was referring to the Biden campaign as a horse with one hoof in the glue factory, not necessarily the man himself. Biden's poll numbers are in free fall currently.
And as far as the rumors about Trump, they are rumors, not confirmed. That said, if the Adderall rumor is true, it could explain his energetic debate performance.
who has been credibly accused of sexual assault, including that of a minor child ( I don’t remember if she was 12 or 13),
Does that alleged child have a name? Is there any evidence?
I have watched the debate and saw no signs of dementia. He comported himself far better than Biden.
I do not think Trump should be president again, but your post seems to be just hopium or copium.

Back
Top Bottom