• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Don't worry, gang. Tampon Tim will stop the red wave.
I see what you did there. Isn't that sort of misogynistic, though?

Guys: not sure if you saw this, but the "Tampon Tim" meme is another right wing attack that turned out to be BS:

Well, assuming that's true, that means that Walz is not sensitve to the needs and feelings of transboys who identify as male and prefer to use the boys bathrooms. That makes him sound kinda anti-lefty and a big meanie if you ask me. Why did Kamala choose him again? ;)

Great post! This attack on Waltz is totally bullshit! He did his 25 years! I was in the military then also. We all thought (including military intelligence and Bush) that it would be a cake walk. I’m more surprised that he didn’t stay in in order to win some easy medals (didn’t turn out that way though). But then he got a better offer. And honorably discharged.

I was not in the military. I talked to Muslim people who knew about the facts and culture and were generally familiar with the reality.

They laughed at Bush II's lies. They found it hard to believe that modern American people, with Internet access, would believe that crap. They accurately predicted a bunch of stuff.
Like Saddam Hussein had no wmds of interest. That the occupation of Iraq would be a military disaster because we were hated almost as much as Hussein. That the military Baathists would disappear into the general population and regroup once the American forces lost (they predicted ISIS).

And they could give cogent explanations for why they believed all of that.

If a gay guy in southern Indiana could find this out so easily the only explanation for the Bush II's policies is flat out lying. They knew the truth, but had to lie because "We want control of the Gulf oil fields, we don't care how much death and destruction it takes to get it." wouldn't have worked well for them.
Tom

Yes, I agree with all the above. I never bought into the war. Was against it from the beginning. However, I remember that a sizable majority in the US supported the invasion.

Be that as it may, the republicans are trying to swiftboat Waltz on his military service. For some odd reason, they are terrified running against anyone who has served in the military.

A majority did support the invasion because they either couldn't or didn't care to distinguish Bin Laden from Saddam. It was kind of like "Fuck it. Let's get Arab oil while we're at it." That and the general revenge sentiment that had been burning since the 70s.

Anyway, at this point, whatever Trump/GOP has to say about anything is no longer shocking. The discourse has been in the sewer so long that the smell of this type of shit has lost its impact.

Oh look, Don Jr. posted a meme heavily implying that Walz sucks horse cock.

Yawn.

It's abhorrent, but what else has American conservatism been since Reagan... no, Bush Sr. ... no, Nixon... Eisenhower! That's it. Eisenhower was the last truly respectable Republican POTUS.

A majority did support the invasion because they either couldn't or didn't care to distinguish Bin Laden from Saddam.
A majority did support the invasion because the government lied.
The majority still believed that our government and media would be held to a standard of truth by American values.

Turned out that they (the majority) were wrong. Both the government and the semi-official news agency FOX would lie as much as they could to get what they wanted. And they did.
Tom

I laugh at how Megyn Keely claims that boys are “forced” to have tampons in their bathrooms.

AS IF

Fourth grade boys would not have a hilarious time making fun of tampons and using them for things that bring even great nyuck-nyucking to their little 10yo brains.

Also, tampons make an excellent emergency kit addition to the boy scout backpack, as they can be used for everythinbg from filtering water to removing water from boots to starting fires.

But really, what if they DID put tampons in boys’ bathrooms. So what? Is someone trying to keep periods a secret because they are “unclean” or something, and we don’t want little boys to have any empathy for little girls, but rather to be disgusted by bodily functions? Seriously? The population that laughs their heads off over farting and diarrhea jokes?

WTF is the agenda here?

I saw a poll today that had Harris ahead of Trump by several points in Georgia, so if the disgusting people who now have the right to questions he results a district before certifying them, do the right thing, there is a good chance that Harris will carry Georgia. I think that Trump's frequent criticisms of Kemp might just be helping turn some independents and moderate Republicans blue for this election. I disagree with Kemp's social positions, but he has done some good things economically for the state and his approval ratings have always been much higher than Trump's.

I saw it mentioned earlier (maybe on another thread?) but I checked out electoral-vote dot com. By their math, Harris is still behind, but if you scroll back through the reports, the trend is revealed. Three weeks ago today (Trump RNC, tides turning for Biden to drop out) they had it at 218 for Joe, 320 for Trump. A landslide.

Today? 257 for Harris, 270 for Trump, with 11 ties. Still not there yet, but a huge turnaround. PA, NC, and GA are in the "Barely GOP" column, while they have AZ tied (the 11 electoral votes) along with MI, NV and WI flipped to "Barely Dem."

Side note: Trump's plane - on the way to Bozeman for a rally, was diverted to Billings for a "mechanical issue." It landed safely in Billings, and like a trooper, Trump took a different private jet to Bozeman. A two hour drive away. Man of the people right there...

I laugh at how Megyn Keely claims that boys are “forced” to have tampons in their bathrooms.

AS IF

Fourth grade boys would not have a hilarious time making fun of tampons and using them for things that bring even great nyuck-nyucking to their little 10yo brains.

Also, tampons make an excellent emergency kit addition to the boy scout backpack, as they can be used for everythinbg from filtering water to removing water from boots to starting fires.

But really, what if they DID put tampons in boys’ bathrooms. So what? Is someone trying to keep periods a secret because they are “unclean” or something, and we don’t want little boys to have any empathy for little girls, but rather to be disgusted by bodily functions? Seriously? The population that laughs their heads off over farting and diarrhea jokes?

WTF is the agenda here?

The Minnesota statute mandating free menstrual supplies for female students does not mandate tampon dispensers in bathrooms.

AS IF

WTF is the agenda here?

It is a right wing bullshit attack. The Minnesota law that mandates Menstrual products be made free for female students does not mandate tampons in boy's restrooms. here is a link to the statute in question. It is a big fat, whopping lie is all.

Laughing my ass off at Trump. Orango the clown swore he was on a helicopter with Willie Brown and the helicopter had mechanical problems and had to set down in an emergency. Willy Brown immediately spoke up and essentially said it did not happen. This is .... weird. Either Trump is mentally demented and imagining things, or blurted out a lie at the spur of the moment that was not going to fly far. Raw Story reports another helicopter tall tale from Trump. A helicopter crash killed three Trump aides. informed of this, Trump stated he could make publicity on this. he lied he was supposed to be on the helicopter, but at the last moment did not board it.

Laughing my ass off at Trump. Orango the clown swore he was on a helicopter with Willie Brown and the helicopter had mechanical problems and had to set down in an emergency. Willy Brown immediately spoke up and essentially said it did not happen. This is .... weird. Either Trump is mentally demented and imagining things, or blurted out a lie at the spur of the moment that was not going to fly far. Raw Story reports another helicopter tall tale from Trump. A helicopter crash killed three Trump aides. informed of this, Trump stated he could make publicity on this. he lied he was supposed to be on the helicopter, but at the last moment did not board it.

I know. I watched that on...most likely MSNBC. Brown is 90 and still with it. He also said that he dated Harris, but so what. I've known other women who dated men who were much older, and it was always because they liked the guy and enjoyed dating them.

I'm going with Trump is suffering from dementia along with some other mental illnesses. Maybe he can't help who he is, but those in power, who are supporting him and know better are the most shameful ones. They must know he's an incompetent deranged fool, who has no business being president, yet they are so greedy for power and money, that they don't care what happens to the country if he were somehow to get another term. At this point, I'm optimistic that won't happen.

Oh boy! Trump is threatening to sue the New York Times for fact checking his story about the helicopter and Willy Brown. Getting a deposition from Willie Brown will be an embarrassment for Trump. This just keeps getting better.

“We have the flight records of the helicopter,” that it landed in "a field," and that he is "probably going to sue" the news outlet for suggesting otherwise.

I’m sure being in more courtrooms will do wonders for Trump’s campaign.

At least the lawyers will never be out of work.

Since I got the joke from a female comedian, you tell me.
Hmmm. Good question. If the negative things some men have said about Kamala originated with female sources, does that absolve them of being misogynistic?
Who said anything about Kamala???

Personally, I thought it was pretty funny joke. A little on the edgy and provocative side these days, for sure. The term misogynistic has apparently changed over the years. When I first learned about the word it in the early '70's (from reading a Playboy article under my dad's bed :)) , it was portrayed as a rather pathological condition. Serious hatred and contempt towards women, with physical harm or emotional damage being the manifestation. There was a clear distinction between sexism and misogyny. Fast forward 50 years, and the demarcation has become much more blurry. Like a lot of words, my mind is still somewhat stuck on its meaning from 50 years ago, so I'm inclined to see sexism (if that) more than misogyny with your joke.
:rolleyes:

I'm starting to wonder if Trump will still be the Republican candidate come November.

His poll numbers are dropping like rocks. His fan base is easily led. He's becoming increasingly irrational on the stump. How hard would it be for the rich and powerful who want to back a Republican winner in November to get rid of him?
Not very...
Tom
He will never drop out. He will never admit defeat.

Since I got the joke from a female comedian, you tell me.
Hmmm. Good question. If the negative things some men have said about Kamala originated with female sources, does that absolve them of being misogynistic?
Who said anything about Kamala???

Personally, I thought it was pretty funny joke. A little on the edgy and provocative side these days, for sure. The term misogynistic has apparently changed over the years. When I first learned about the word it in the early '70's (from reading a Playboy article under my dad's bed :)) , it was portrayed as a rather pathological condition. Serious hatred and contempt towards women, with physical harm or emotional damage being the manifestation. There was a clear distinction between sexism and misogyny. Fast forward 50 years, and the demarcation has become much more blurry. Like a lot of words, my mind is still somewhat stuck on its meaning from 50 years ago, so I'm inclined to see sexism (if that) more than misogyny with your joke.
:rolleyes:
I used Kamala as an example as people on this thread are claiming misogyny when negative things are said about her. So, there is some relevance to using her specifically. Why did you do an eye-rolly on what I wrote?

I'm starting to wonder if Trump will still be the Republican candidate come November.

His poll numbers are dropping like rocks. His fan base is easily led. He's becoming increasingly irrational on the stump. How hard would it be for the rich and powerful who want to back a Republican winner in November to get rid of him?
Not very...
Tom
But if the billionaires who run the Teaparty decide that Trump needs to be replaced with someone electable...

There's lots of high windows in New York. Swimming pools in Florida. Helicopter problems waiting to happen.
Wasn't Putin's favorite Prigoshen flying on a jet?

Who knows what might happen to someone who used to be important to the very rich but is now a liability. Could be anything.
Tom

He could very well come down with something, even without going near any windows.

Not very...
Tom
But if the billionaires who run the Teaparty decide that Trump needs to be replaced with someone electable...
if that’s what they wanted you’d think they would have done it years ago when he proved that he and most everyone he supports is unelectable.

Not very...
Tom
if that’s what they wanted you’d think they would have done it years ago when he proved that he and most everyone he supports is unelectable.
He was electable in 2016.
Obviously.
And he might have been again in 2020, if violence worked better in the USA.
Tom

Not very...
Tom
He was electable in 2016.
Obviously.
And he might have been again in 2020, if violence worked better in the USA.
Tom
Yeah, I wasn’t referring to 2016. just 2020 and the years since.

Back
Top Bottom