• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

We received internal Trump documents from ‘Robert.’ The campaign just confirmed it was hacked.

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign said Saturday that some of its internal communications had been hacked.

The acknowledgment came after POLITICO began receiving emails from an anonymous account with documents from inside Trump’s operation.

The campaign blamed “foreign sources hostile to the United States,” citing a Microsoft report on Friday that Iranian hackers “sent a spear phishing email in June to a high-ranking official on a presidential campaign.” Microsoft did not identify the campaign targeted by the email and declined to comment Saturday. POLITICO has not independently verified the identity of the hacker or their motivation, and a Trump campaign spokesperson, Steven Cheung, declined to say if they had further information substantiating the campaigns’ suggestion that it was targeted by Iran.

“These documents were obtained illegally from foreign sources hostile to the United States, intended to interfere with the 2024 election and sow chaos throughout our Democratic process,” Cheung said. “On Friday, a new report from Microsoft found that Iranian hackers broke into the account of a ‘high ranking official’ on the U.S. presidential campaign in June 2024, which coincides with the close timing of President Trump’s selection of a vice presidential nominee.”

I'm starting to wonder if Trump will still be the Republican candidate come November.

His poll numbers are dropping like rocks. His fan base is easily led. He's becoming increasingly irrational on the stump. How hard would it be for the rich and powerful who want to back a Republican winner in November to get rid of him?
Not very...
Tom
Change the name is that sentence from Trump to Biden and Republican to Democrat and y0u have Biden c. July 2024.

I'm starting to wonder if Trump will still be the Republican candidate come November.

His poll numbers are dropping like rocks. His fan base is easily led. He's becoming increasingly irrational on the stump. How hard would it be for the rich and powerful who want to back a Republican winner in November to get rid of him?
Not very...
Tom
Change the name is that sentence from Trump to Biden and Republican to Democrat and y0u have Biden c. July 2024.
Easier to predict the past, indeed.

Not very...
Tom
True.
But Biden realized that he was a drag on the best interests of the American people as a whole.
So he stepped down. He didn't let his personal views and ego prevent him from doing the right thing.
Tom

Flipping between two livefeeds this morning, of both the candidates doing little rallies. The contrast is striking.

I'm starting to wonder whether Trump is mentally competent enough to manage a coup.
You think he would be the one managing it?!?!

Flipping between two livefeeds this morning, of both the candidates doing little rallies. The contrast is striking.

I'm starting to wonder whether Trump is mentally competent enough to manage a coup.
Obviously not. He will have an entire staff in the West Wing* to manage it on his behalf.

* Or whichever wing of the Kremlin is devoted to such things; I am not an expert in the layout of Russian government offices

Trump's ship is sinking.

I watched the Harris/Walz rally in Vegas just now. Similar to the Philly rally where the ticket was debuted. Similar to the Phoenix rally. But I'm seeing little tweaks happening. The campaign is clearly watching the "game film." Asking what worked. What applause lines landed. What didn't quite go over. They're the same stump speeches for the most part, but they're evolving based on audience reaction. Improving the show night after night. The next one will be even better.

Trump is not doing that. His team tries to help, but he gets up on stage and he riffs and rambles. He thinks that all he has to do is get up there and do his thing, and the audience will love him no matter what he says. Instead of getting off stage and going back to examine what worked and what didn't, he says "that was a great rally, I did great" and gets back on his jet.

They should just tell him he led a coup, it succeeded and he is now Emperor of All Existence. Explain that the bars on his windows snd doors are for keeping the criminals thugs and rapists out… let him live out his days in self satisfied bliss.

But there is nothing stopping state legislatures from deciding that their delegates will be pledged to the top vote getter of The American People overall.
Nationalpopularvote.com

And, after "committing" to the National Popular Vote pact, there is nothing stopping state legislatures "required" to choose Blue under the Pact but whose citizens voted Red from renouncing the Pact under whatever pretext (constitutionality, following the will of their people) and choosing Red electors.

Not only COULD Red states defy the Pact they've signed, but given their recent behaviors it seems safe to say they WOULD. Thus the "Nationalpopularvote" movement however well-intentioned, is a TRAP.

Reporting says that Trump has been referring to Harris as a 'bitch" in private.

I will donate the maximum amount to her campaign if she uses this as her walk out music (timed to about :19 when she steps up to the mic):

They should just tell him he led a coup, it succeeded and he is now Emperor of All Existence. Explain that the bars on his windows snd doors are for keeping the criminals thugs and rapists out… let him live out his days in self satisfied bliss.
No fucking way does Trump deserve such a light punishment. A cell with a TV where the only channel is one of Hillary Clinton reading out excerpts of The Audacity of Hope springs to mind as a more suitable arrangement.

And they used it without permission. Celine Dion put out a statement skewering them for it. Having no respect is right on point though.

They've violated other song copyrights as well, e.g. for Springsteen's "Born in the USA."

Why don't the victims sue? Would that just give the Orange Buffoon extra publicity?

[from the Merriam-Webster desk:]

Trump's ship is sinking.

And the slide continues with betters!

Yes. The better bettors are betting better!

Polymarket now shows just 52-46, but that's better than the 1-point lead I reported just hours ago!
lol, not sure they’re all betting better.
That 59-41 spread is kind of an outlier; the “which party wins the Presidency” question is ‘only’ 58-44 for Dems. When those numbers total more than 100, it bespeaks a passion driven rather than logic driven market IMO.

No fucking way does Trump deserve such a light punishment. A cell with a TV where the only channel is one of Hillary Clinton reading out excerpts of The Audacity of Hope springs to mind as a more suitable arrangement.
I’d add…

One channel that mimics the branding of Fox “News” and has a chyron constantly on the bottom,
“Coming up: Trump reaction to Election Loss”
…while playing Hillary Clinton reading out excerpts of The Audacity of Hope

And restarting every day and never getting Trump to hear about himself, but always thinking it’s jsut around the corner if he stays tuned.

Back
Top Bottom