• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

BTW, tampons and pads are great at stopping blood flow and are terrific to have in any first aid kit.
Yup. Two tampons bound together and packaged for sterility, sell for big bucks under the brand name “Bloodstopper™️
and are commonly included in IFAKs (individual first aid kits) issued to combat troops.

I laugh at how Megyn Keely claims that boys are “forced” to have tampons in their bathrooms.

AS IF

Fourth grade boys would not have a hilarious time making fun of tampons and using them for things that bring even great nyuck-nyucking to their little 10yo brains.

Also, tampons make an excellent emergency kit addition to the boy scout backpack, as they can be used for everythinbg from filtering water to removing water from boots to starting fires.

But really, what if they DID put tampons in boys’ bathrooms. So what? Is someone trying to keep periods a secret because they are “unclean” or something, and we don’t want little boys to have any empathy for little girls, but rather to be disgusted by bodily functions? Seriously? The population that laughs their heads off over farting and diarrhea jokes?

WTF is the agenda here?
I spent two years on a women’s only floor in my college dormitory that had 4 urinals in each women’s bathroom. In case anybody wonders where I get the balls…

Trust me: Urinals take up a great deal more real estate than a tampon dispenser.

BTW, tampons and pads are great at stopping blood flow and are terrific to have in any first aid kit.
Yeah, the idea that tampons in boys bathrooms in a school being a viable first aid because of gun violence is quite depressing.

As usual, the right-wing makes a big deal over something tiny. Having tampons in boys bathrooms is likely going to be a very low level demand. So I can get why some people may question the validity of it. But it is likely non-zero demand and school policies regarding bathroom supplies seems a bit trite of a subject to be discussing on a national news opinion show.

And honestly, I'm not going to question women regarding the best places for these items to be. They know best.

Wait - I thought this thread was about the presidential race...

We have devolved into discussing tampons.... 🤪

Reminds me of the tampon dress

1723476865625.png

The crazy thing with Harris-Walz ticket is the convention hasn't even happened yet. It is possible they hit a homerun there and this election is over in late August and we have another Electoral College landslide. Always possible to settle back to the 2020 or even 2016 polling, but our Presidential election system isn't used to such a long Honeymoon period.

But this has a 1996 World Series vibe where the Atlanta Braves are up 2-0, heading to Atlanta, ceding only one run to the Yankees, and the series looks to be over. And then the next four games starts a Yankees dynasty.

They also make good water filters if you need to pre-filter riv water before using a micron filter, and they also can be pulled apart and used as kindling.

I laugh at how Megyn Keely claims that boys are “forced” to have tampons in their bathrooms.

AS IF

Fourth grade boys would not have a hilarious time making fun of tampons and using them for things that bring even great nyuck-nyucking to their little 10yo brains.

Also, tampons make an excellent emergency kit addition to the boy scout backpack, as they can be used for everythinbg from filtering water to removing water from boots to starting fires.

But really, what if they DID put tampons in boys’ bathrooms. So what? Is someone trying to keep periods a secret because they are “unclean” or something, and we don’t want little boys to have any empathy for little girls, but rather to be disgusted by bodily functions? Seriously? The population that laughs their heads off over farting and diarrhea jokes?

WTF is the agenda here?

The Minnesota statute mandating free menstrual supplies for female students does not mandate tampon dispensers in bathrooms.

AS IF

WTF is the agenda here?

It is a right wing bullshit attack. The Minnesota law that mandates Menstrual products be made free for female students does not mandate tampons in boy's restrooms. here is a link to the statute in question. It is a big fat, whopping lie is all.

Not only is it disinformation, Minnesota is neither a leader nor an outlier in providing free menstrual products to school age children. In fact a MAJORITY of states have laws for such products (Period Products In Schools) including the notorious blue states of Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Nebraska and Utah!! At least the Mn law is not an unfunded mandate.

Don't worry, gang. Tampon Tim will stop the red wave.
I see what you did there. Isn't that sort of misogynistic, though?
Since I got the joke from a female comedian, you tell me.
Hmmm. Good question. If the negative things some men have said about Kamala originated with female sources, does that absolve them of being misogynistic?
Who said anything about Kamala???

Personally, I thought it was pretty funny joke. A little on the edgy and provocative side these days, for sure. The term misogynistic has apparently changed over the years. When I first learned about the word it in the early '70's (from reading a Playboy article under my dad's bed :)) , it was portrayed as a rather pathological condition. Serious hatred and contempt towards women, with physical harm or emotional damage being the manifestation. There was a clear distinction between sexism and misogyny. Fast forward 50 years, and the demarcation has become much more blurry. Like a lot of words, my mind is still somewhat stuck on its meaning from 50 years ago, so I'm inclined to see sexism (if that) more than misogyny with your joke.
:rolleyes:
I used Kamala as an example as people on this thread are claiming misogyny when negative things are said about her. So, there is some relevance to using her specifically. Why did you do an eye-rolly on what I wrote?
I agree - it is redundant.

I'm a lot more compassionate. Trump is a severely mentally ill, deranged man suffering from dementia. He can't help who he is since I don't think we have free will. So I'd put him in a nursing home with a lock down memory care unit. Then I'd give him a little sign that says president or king and let him watch his old rallies all day. Melania would have to come to visit and help change his diapers.

The primary goal is to keep Trump from ever entering the Whitehouse again. OMG, I'm watching one of his extremist commercials. Maybe he should at least get a little bit of prison time, before he totally loses his short term memory and then we can transfer him to the nursing home. Nursing homes these days aren't much bette than prisons, sadly.

We can’t choose our genetics or our upbringing but we can choose what to do. If indeed Trump is demented or deranged that is a different thing, but he has been a criminal and a con artist his whole life and he chose every step of the way. An old saw among therapists is that you can’t control your feelings but you can control your behavior. We certainly have free will in that sense, and Trump chooses to be bastard. I agree our prison system is geared far too much toward punishment and retribution, and needs to be humanely reformed. But there is no reason why Trump should avoid federal prison for his numerous crimes. Besides, unlike other inmates, when he is there he will have the Secret Service to keep other inmates from making him their fat orange bitch.
I'm not sure we have control over our behavior, certainly not if one is a psychopath or narcissist, and Trump displays symptoms of both, and I don't think that people who are about 80 years old belong in the prison system. House arrest with an ankle monitor, a nursing home or some other place to keep them away from others is usually more appropriate. We already have too many mentally ill people in prisons. We never should have closed down the majority of our state mental institutions during the 80s. But, I digress so I'll skip my rant about that issue.

Plus, whether we like it or not, I doubt Trump will get prison time, or if he does, it will be a very short sentence. The crimes he has already been convicted of usually don't result in much if any of a prison sentence, especially if the person has no prior convictions. I agree that he's been a criminal or grifter for most of his adult life, but he has only been convicted of the felonies in New York, and based on all the delay tactics in the other cases, especially the ones in Georgia and Florida, I'd be shocked if the other cases even were to come to trial before he dies.

I won't shed any tears if he is sent to prison, I just don't think it will happen and I'm not sure that's the best solution. We just need to keep him out of the Whitehouse and worry about the rest of his crimes later, assuming he's still alive and fit for trial. SCOTUS certainly hasn't make it easy to prosecute a former president either, so that's another problem.

The Trump campaign is spending lots of money on local Georgia network stations. They are so horrendously full of lies and hatred, that I don't know how anyone can believe the bullshit. Of course, they say nothing about what he or his party are going to do for the country. The ads just slam Harris and say nasty hateful things about her. In the evening, if I have on the local news, almost every commercial break contains one of his ads as well of one of the more rational ads from the Harris campaign. Do these ads really change anyone's mind? I kind of doubt it.

The Trump campaign is spending lots of money on local Georgia network stations. They are so horrendously full of lies and hatred, that I don't know how anyone can believe the bullshit. Of course, they say nothing about what he or his party are going to do for the country. The ads just slam Harris and say nasty hateful things about her. In the evening, if I have on the local news, almost every commercial break contains one of his ads as well of one of the more rational ads from the Harris campaign. Do these ads really change anyone's mind? I kind of doubt it.
It is becoming an effort to drive out the vote. So they aren't trying to convince people that the GOP will lead America into to the City of Gold, but that the mongrels are trying to take over and you have to vote to protect America from the mongrels.

I'm a lot more compassionate. Trump is a severely mentally ill, deranged man suffering from dementia. He can't help who he is since I don't think we have free will. So I'd put him in a nursing home with a lock down memory care unit. Then I'd give him a little sign that says president or king and let him watch his old rallies all day. Melania would have to come to visit and help change his diapers.

The primary goal is to keep Trump from ever entering the Whitehouse again. OMG, I'm watching one of his extremist commercials. Maybe he should at least get a little bit of prison time, before he totally loses his short term memory and then we can transfer him to the nursing home. Nursing homes these days aren't much bette than prisons, sadly.

We can’t choose our genetics or our upbringing but we can choose what to do. If indeed Trump is demented or deranged that is a different thing, but he has been a criminal and a con artist his whole life and he chose every step of the way. An old saw among therapists is that you can’t control your feelings but you can control your behavior. We certainly have free will in that sense, and Trump chooses to be bastard. I agree our prison system is geared far too much toward punishment and retribution, and needs to be humanely reformed. But there is no reason why Trump should avoid federal prison for his numerous crimes. Besides, unlike other inmates, when he is there he will have the Secret Service to keep other inmates from making him their fat orange bitch.
I'm not sure we have control over our behavior, certainly not if one is a psychopath or narcissist, and Trump displays symptoms of both, and I don't think that people who are about 80 years old belong in the prison system. House arrest with an ankle monitor, a nursing home or some other place to keep them away from others is usually more appropriate. We already have too many mentally ill people in prisons. We never should have closed down the majority of our state mental institutions during the 80s. But, I digress so I'll skip my rant about that issue.

Plus, whether we like it or not, I doubt Trump will get prison time, or if he does, it will be a very short sentence. The crimes he has already been convicted of usually don't result in much if any of a prison sentence, especially if the person has no prior convictions. I agree that he's been a criminal or grifter for most of his adult life, but he has only been convicted of the felonies in New York, and based on all the delay tactics in the other cases, especially the ones in Georgia and Florida, I'd be shocked if the other cases even were to come to trial before he dies.

I won't shed any tears if he is sent to prison, I just don't think it will happen and I'm not sure that's the best solution. We just need to keep him out of the Whitehouse and worry about the rest of his crimes later, assuming he's still alive and fit for trial. SCOTUS certainly hasn't make it easy to prosecute a former president either, so that's another problem.
Oh, I think there is control over our behavior, with almost all mental illnesses, including narcissism and sociopathy. It may be imperfect but there I think it is a matter of impulse control. One can be rational and a sociopath. One can be a narcissist and rational at the same time. It's just a much more narrow and twisted POV that the rationale is based upon.

I think that prison time for Trump is necessary and good for the country if we are to remain a country where laws apply to everyone, although I am extremely aware that they do not apply to everyone in the same way.

Good at absorbing it. Not so good at stopping it. If you need to stop it you need clotting stuff or a pressure bandage.

I don't exactly feel like starting a separate thread about this so I'm sticking it here.

Yeah, this isn't Vance. But Vance endorses it. I haven't seen the book but every mention I have seen of it has been horrific.

Good at absorbing it. Not so good at stopping it. If you need to stop it you need clotting stuff or a pressure bandage.
Depending on the situation and wound site and type, a tampon or sanitary napkin could both put on pressure and absorb the flow of blood. Otherwise a simple bandage could hold the absorbent material in place while the blood clots.

I realize you think you are an expert about a lot of things but not only do I actually know what I’m talking about because of training I’ve received ( and performed) but other posters have pointed out that tampons are often included in emergency kits of soldiers who are deployed in combat zones.

But there is nothing stopping state legislatures from deciding that their delegates will be pledged to the top vote getter of The American People overall.
Nationalpopularvote.com

And, after "committing" to the National Popular Vote pact, there is nothing stopping state legislatures "required" to choose Blue under the Pact but whose citizens voted Red from renouncing the Pact under whatever pretext (constitutionality, following the will of their people) and choosing Red electors.

Not only COULD Red states defy the Pact they've signed, but given their recent behaviors it seems safe to say they WOULD. Thus the "Nationalpopularvote" movement however well-intentioned, is a TRAP.
Are you saying they could actually bury the vote totals, keep it all secret and tell the public their guy won?

Kamala Harris Campaign Hits Back At Trump In Crowd-Size Feud: 'Low Energy?' - Newsweek
The Kamala Harris campaign has hit back at Donald Trump amid back-and-forth attacks between the 2024 presidential election candidates over the size of the crowds at their rallies, suggesting Trump may not have the stamina to keep up with her campaigning.

The former president posted on Truth Social on Sunday that "nobody" showed up to Harris' Michigan rally, and posted an image of a crowd at an airport but called it "fake."
Truth Details | Truth Social
Look, we caught her with a fake “crowd.” There was nobody there!
With a picture of Air Force Two and a huge crowd near the airplane.
Truth Details | Truth Social
Has anyone noticed that Kamala CHEATED at the airport? There was nobody at the plane, and she “A.I.’d” it, and showed a massive “crowd” of so-called followers, BUT THEY DIDN’T EXIST! She was turned in by a maintenance worker at the airport when he noticed the fake crowd picture, but there was nobody there, later confirmed by the reflection of the mirror like finish on the Vice Presidential Plane. She’s a CHEATER. She had NOBODY waiting, and the “crowd” looked like 10,000 people! Same thing is happening with her fake “crowds” at her speeches. This is the way the Democrats win Elections, by CHEATING - And they’re even worse at the Ballot Box. She should be disqualified because the creation of a fake image is ELECTION INTERFERENCE. Anyone who does that will cheat at ANYTHING!
With that picture and a closeup of the reflection off of one of the plane's engines.

Kamala HQ on X: "
1) This is an actual photo of a 15,000-person crowd for Harris-Walz in Michigan
2) Trump has still not campaigned in a swing state in over a week... Low energy?
(pic link)" / X

Oh, I think there is control over our behavior, with almost all mental illnesses, including narcissism and sociopathy. It may be imperfect but there I think it is a matter of impulse control. One can be rational and a sociopath. One can be a narcissist and rational at the same time. It's just a much more narrow and twisted POV that the rationale is based upon.

I think that prison time for Trump is necessary and good for the country if we are to remain a country where laws apply to everyone, although I am extremely aware that they do not apply to everyone in the same way.
Then we will have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't think a mentally ill person belongs in prison and I strongly believe that Trump is seriously mentally ill. He does need to be restricted to his home, or something like that, should what he has been charged with ever goes to trial. Plus, we have this thing in the US called, innocent until proven guilty. So, while it may be obvious to us that Trump is guilty, it must be proven in a court of law before he's actually guilty, other than the case that has already proven him guilty, but will probably not end up with a prison sentence, based on what I've read. Probation is probably the most he will get in that case, assuming SCOTUS even allows that.

I know you're smart enough to know that there is no justice in this country. Being wealthy, famous, male and white usually lets one get away with non violent criminal behavior, especially if done while president. We don't know if Nixon would have been given more than probation for his crimes, since he was pardoned.

Back
Top Bottom