• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

So umm... let's elect the guy who thinks you can lay off 75% of the work force responsible for annual budgets of over $4 trillion.
Vote for me and I’ll make sure you lose your job! Makes sense.

Well, Vivek Dumbass-swamy just lost the vote of every federal worker, and their family members. I don't see how he could do this anyway, even if by some miracle he became president. The GOP would have to control the House and Senate and do the actual firing. Fat chance of that happening. And if by some miracle hatched in hell that happened, it would plunge America into a real depression. And GOP politicians would be lynched.

The fun part is, Vivek just hung a dead, smelly cat around his own neck that is now going to brought up again and again to demonstrate Vivek is a stupid demogogue who has no business trying his hand at politics.

So umm... let's elect the guy who thinks you can lay off 75% of the work force responsible for annual budgets of over $4 trillion.
Some people like the idea... but it just reminds me of once my mother was having her car repaired. The mechanic found something in the door that he didn't know what it was, so he just threw it out. Couple days latter the window fell out of the door. Also very similar to Musk firing a lot of the Twitter staff. Idiots who don't know how things work just getting rid of what they don't understand, only to find out from the negative consequences later on.

Cheerful Charlie said:
Well, Vivek Dumbass-swamy just lost the vote of every federal worker, and their family members. I don't see how he could do this anyway, even if by some miracle he became president. The GOP would have to control the House and Senate and do the actual firing. Fat chance of that happening. And if by some miracle hatched in hell that happened, it would plunge America into a real depression. And GOP politicians would be lynched.

The fun part is, Vivek just hung a dead, smelly cat around his own neck that is now going to brought up again and again to demonstrate Vivek is a stupid demogogue who has no business trying his hand at politics.
As a reminder, Donald Trump won in 2016, after the 'I like to sexually assault women' video came out.

Some people like the idea... but it just reminds me of once my mother was having her car repaired. The mechanic found something in the door that he didn't know what it was, so he just threw it out. Couple days latter the window fell out of the door. Also very similar to Musk firing a lot of the Twitter staff. Idiots who don't know how things work just getting rid of what they don't understand, only to find out from the negative consequences later on.
Except in this case it’s like throwing out the glass part and wondering why the car is so windy. We all understand what he’d be getting rid of.

Vivek Ramaswamy: "You want crazy,! I will give you crazy!"

At a recent campaign event, Ramaswamy said he would treat the federal government the way Elon Musk treated his purchase of Twitter.

"I've enjoyed getting to know better Elon Musk recently," Ramaswamy told supporters. "I expect him to be an interesting adviser of mine because he laid off 75% of the employees at Twitter. Well, I want to lay off 75% of the employees of the federal government."

Emulating Twitter under Musk is considered good business practices now? I don't think one could be more dumbfuck if one tried.

Emulating Twitter under Musk is considered good business practices now? I don't think one could be more dumbfuck if one tried.
Given the unlikelihood that he'll ever get a chance to put his plan for eviscerating the U.S. government into action...

The question becomes "Why would he say that?" Best answer I can think of is tapping into Trump's stream of revenue from dumbasses.

I dunno.
Tom

Given the unlikelihood that he'll ever get a chance to put his plan for eviscerating the U.S. government into action...

The question becomes "Why would he say that?" Best answer I can think of is tapping into Trump's stream of revenue from dumbasses.

I dunno.
Tom

I would say that, given the unlikelihood this bozo will ever win the nomination, why is the news media focusing so much attention on him? He has nothing like Trump's past career as a celebrity clown, and people don't even seem to like him very much. He was a fresh new face--a young guy--that appeared to be a rising star briefly, but he seems to have flopped so badly that there isn't much left of his campaign except media attention. I do think its important to focus on the shadow campaign for the Republican nomination, because Trump seems vulnerable and Democrats are banking on Trump being the nominee. However, Ramaswamy is far from being the strongest candidate in that campaign.

I would say that, given the unlikelihood this bozo will ever win the nomination, why is the news media focusing so much attention on him?
Perhaps he's the Herman Cain of 2024?

The token nonwhite proving to(some) people that the GOP isn't utterly beholden to those racist kind of people? One that will put a bit of political correctness on the average skin color of the GOP field of candidates, without being a threat to anyone important?

I dunno.
Tom

Biden is in better physical and mental shape than many 40 year olds I've known, including some who were patients of mine in an assisted living facility.
So what? That does not elevate Brandon out of the silly old duffer category that he actually is.

Brandon compared the huge destruction of Maui and the catastrophic loss of life and the hundreds of people still missing with a kitchen fire in his mansion that nearly got his cat! Let that sink in. He’s either so stupid and insensitive or a cabbage. Yeah, that’s your guy.
While what Biden said may have been a bit inappropriate or his intentions may have been misunderstood, Biden has experienced many terrible tragedies in his life, like losing his first wife, and some of his children, as well as having to deal with a son who has had issues with drug addiction and crimes that are very minor compared to Trump.

He's also survived a cerebral hemorrhage many years ago, which is rare to survive without being almost totally disabled. So, at least he is able to experience empathy, even if his tragedies were of a different nature. He didn't just mention his Corvette. Regardless if he could have come up with better words, I think he did a lot better than the former president who seemed to think it was fun throwing rolls of paper towels to people who had suffered great losses due to a hurricane. Maybe he did that because that way he didn't have to shake hands or hug those Puerto Ricans. From what I recall, Puerto Rico was never satisfied with Trump's reaction or with the very limited amount of help they received from his administration. Yet, you seem to think that what Biden said means he's unfit? :rolleyes:

The following is what he actually said. I think the mention of his car was an attempt to lighten things up, although I can understand the victims weren't ready for that yet.

"I don’t want to compare difficulties, but we have a little sense, Jill and I, of what it was like to lose a home," Biden said. "Years ago, now, 15 years, I was in Washington doing ‘Meet the press’… Lightning struck at home on a little lake outside the home, not a lake a big pond. It hit the wire and came up underneath our home, into the…air condition ducts.

"To make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my 67 Corvette, and my cat," the president added.

I saw Vivek's interview on "Meet the Press". That man is really whacky, seriously unfit to be president. He's Trump's mini me, and during the interview he kept contradicting himself. What a tool. Plus, he's far too inexperienced to be president. I think he wants to be Trump's running mate, but he also gives me the impression that he will suck up to anyone who will help him become more powerful.

Vivek Ramaswamy: "You want crazy,! I will give you crazy!"

At a recent campaign event, Ramaswamy said he would treat the federal government the way Elon Musk treated his purchase of Twitter.

"I've enjoyed getting to know better Elon Musk recently," Ramaswamy told supporters. "I expect him to be an interesting adviser of mine because he laid off 75% of the employees at Twitter. Well, I want to lay off 75% of the employees of the federal government."

It's 2024 Doublethink: "Failure is Success!"

I would say that, given the unlikelihood this bozo will ever win the nomination, why is the news media focusing so much attention on him?
Perhaps he's the Herman Cain of 2024?

The token nonwhite proving to(some) people that the GOP isn't utterly beholden to those racist kind of people? One that will put a bit of political correctness on the average skin color of the GOP field of candidates, without being a threat to anyone important?

I dunno.
Tom
I'm not sure. I think a lot of GOP voters think they are being multicultural simply by not calling Nikki Haley Nimrata.

I'm kidding of course - but solely because Qtards never research the candidates they vote for.

Maybe he should have stuck to his "My wife and baby daughter were killed in a car accident when I was 30" thing and you could just shut the fuck up.

Regardless if he could have come up with better words,

So the nearly two weeks he had to come up with something wasn't long enough?!

He nearly lost his cat! No joke.
And he did ALL THAT without trying to rig a single election, or steal a single nuclear secret, war plan or other classified document!
No joke!

369302412_10228458473800624_7250454194580542321_n.jpg

Maybe he should have stuck to his "My wife and baby daughter were killed in a car accident when I was 30" thing {snip}

Indeed, bring something up from 50 years ago to make it all about him. C'mon man!

You brought up the kitchen fire comment, which was 20 years ago. Is there some kind of statute of limitation on memories? C'mon man!

Regardless if he could have come up with better words,

So the nearly two weeks he had to come up with something wasn't long enough?!

He nearly lost his cat! No joke.
Who do you think is a better option?

That's the problem I have.
Biden is old and old school Neolib. Not my cup of tea, so to speak.

But all the other choices I'm aware of are vastly
Vastly
worse.

I would love to see Hillary Clinton throw her hat into the ring. But that's not gonna happen.
Amongst the Republican options, it's Trump. Possibly DeSantis.

Trump has lied and stolen so much it's incredible. Mounted an insurrection and is probably in the employ of America's worst enemy Putin. But not smart enough to know it, or maybe just too smart to be found out yet.

Biden is a strong steady competent centrist. He's got a good staff. He's boring!

I like that in a president.

The lengths you have to go to in order to find something to criticize is testament to his competence. His kid is a miscreant? He told a bad "dad joke"? He once rubbed a female coworker's shoulders?

That's what you people are reduced to in criticizing Biden.
I will totally vote for him, given the current state of affairs.
If you've got a better suggestion bring it on.
Tom

Maybe he should have stuck to his "My wife and baby daughter were killed in a car accident when I was 30" thing {snip}

Indeed, bring something up from 50 years ago to make it all about him. C'mon man!

You brought up the kitchen fire comment, which was 20 years ago. Is there some kind of statute of limitation on memories? C'mon man!

Standing there in the still smoldering ruins of Lahaina, addressing the people that not only lost their homes but their loved ones and Brandon comes out with the "Jill and I nearly lost a cat in a kitchen fire at my mansion 20 years ago, no joke. So I can relate." is so absurd as to be quite comical.

Back
Top Bottom