• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

But hey, there is a four inch flying venomous spider invading. Apparently that is more important than corporate oligarchy, Supreme Court corruption, and everything Trump has done since Taj Mahal fraud.

In my life of 82 years, I have never seen such a degree of the hate and anger that seems to motivate the Right Wing in the US. It is so frightening as to be intimidating.

But hey, there is a four inch flying venomous spider invading. Apparently that is more important than corporate oligarchy, Supreme Court corruption, and everything Trump has done since Taj Mahal fraud.
Dude, there's more than one of them! Quit downplaying the REAL emergency!

trichonephila-clavata-in-the-green-background-royalty-free-image-1708637836.jpg

(That's a gorgeous animal for an arachnid, IMO.)

In my life of 82 years, I have never seen such a degree of the hate and anger that seems to motivate the Right Wing in the US. It is so frightening as to be intimidating.

Pfft, do you not see it from the lefties?
I do. It’s at about 1% the intensity of Republicans’ frothing.
All you gotta do is ask yourself -
Is Biden or Drumpf more angry?
Who is issuing threats?
Who is playing by the rules?

This has been my biggest gripe about the media; they've abdicated their responsibility to report what the consequences will be with another Trump "presidency" under the guise of being objective.

lol. What do you think the consequences will be if Trump gets re-elected?

I'm not talking about the right wing propaganda outlets; those disgusting abusers of the First Amendment don't count and we all know who they are.

It's the traditional media outlets who have utterly shit the bed when it comes to informing the public of what's actually happening.

Since I don’t watch the news much, what is actually happening, what am I missing?

The angering part is that the Nazis at least had the Great Depression and the Treaty of Versailles to drive their hate.

This alt-right movement is driven by nothing but incitement to hate.

the Constitution didn't see Trump coming.
I think it did, but unfortunately it gave congress the authority to decide who is unfit
January 6th was not a riot, it was a mostly peaceful protest.
It was a distraction for Rump supported Governers to send fake electors to the electoral count.
Since I don’t watch the news much, what is actually happening, what am I missing?
The Faux Noise channel, owned and operated by an anti-American Australian, is doing everything it can to polarize the US, for ratings and profit. Demonizing democrats and the Democratic party. Painting them as evil and deliberately intending to destroy the US. While it is Faux Noise itself that is actually doing us damage. Just like Rump. Lie and call everyone else a liar. Faux 'news' is 90% opinion. It won a libel trial, by arguing that it has no obligation to broadcast the truth.

This has been my biggest gripe about the media; they've abdicated their responsibility to report what the consequences will be with another Trump "presidency" under the guise of being objective.

Retraction of protections for minorities and elimination of protected access to birth control.
I'm not talking about the right wing propaganda outlets; those disgusting abusers of the First Amendment don't count and we all know who they are.

It's the traditional media outlets who have utterly shit the bed when it comes to informing the public of what's actually happening.

Trump's rising Christian Dominionist language at his campaign events.

The Faux Noise channel, owned and operated by an anti-American Australian, is doing everything it can to polarize the US, for ratings and profit. Demonizing democrats and the Democratic party. Painting them as evil and deliberately intending to destroy the US. While it is Faux Noise itself that is actually doing us damage. Just like Rump. Lie and call everyone else a liar. Faux 'news' is 90% opinion. It won a libel trial, by arguing that it has no obligation to broadcast the truth.

“The Faux Noise channel”? What on earth is that? And I’m still none the wiser after reading that incoherent rant.

Retraction of protections for minorities and elimination of protected access to birth control.

I don’t see that happening.

I have not seen any of his campaign events and probably won’t see any so I wouldn’t know. I’ll have to check on here for examples of it.

I have not seen any of his campaign events and probably won’t see any so I wouldn’t know. I’ll have to check on here for examples of it.

Right, you “wouldn’t know” about much of anything, including that fact that your Orange Hero is aping Dominionist rhetoric in calling Democrats “demonic.” You’re really a piece of work. Go ahead and vote for your orange turd. He will lose.

“The Faux Noise channel”? What on earth is that? And I’m still none the wiser after reading that incoherent rant.

I totally believe you and this certainly doesn't read as an obnoxious disingenuous bit from someone who has been on this forum for nearly a decade.

It's already happening

Oh look. Even the fucking Daily Mail is noticing this happening as well;

It (meaning traditional outlets) are attempting to report things straight down the middle when IMO this nation is in a serious crisis. They've made no adjustments. It's as if it were Dole vs. Clinton, both of whom were legitimate candidates, rather than a legitimate candidate vs. a self-proclaimed would-be tyrant.

Right now, the entire news reporting apparatus should be sounding the alarm, but they're not. As I said before, they lost the conservative audience years, if not decades ago, but there are millions of actual independents* and currently disinterested people they need to find a way to appeal to.

*About half of all claimed "independents" are MAGATs in poorly made skin suits.

It (meaning traditional outlets) are attempting to report things straight down the middle when IMO this nation is in a serious crisis. They've made no adjustments. It's as if it were Dole vs. Clinton, both of whom were legitimate candidates, rather than a legitimate candidate vs. a self-proclaimed would-be tyrant.

I don’t think that’s the way news reporting is supposed to work. You want all news to be controlled by the state offering one view. Who’s the tyrant now?

We are in a crisis now. A crisis that Biden created.

Right now, the entire news reporting apparatus should be sounding the alarm, but they're not. As I said before, they lost the conservative audience years, if not decades ago, but there are millions of actual independents* and currently disinterested people they need to find a way to appeal to.

*About half of all claimed "independents" are MAGATs in poorly made skin suits.

It’s not the job of the news media to campaign for your preferred candidate. Although most of them did in 2016 and 2020 and they weren’t even subtle about it. I expect they are much the same this time

Back
Top Bottom