• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Trump says he will tap Musk to lead government efficiency commission if elected | Reuters
Speaking at the New York Economic Club, the former president also pledged to slash corporate tax rates for companies that manufacture domestically, establish "low-tax" zones on federal lands where construction companies would be encouraged to build new homes, and start a sovereign wealth fund.

"I will create a government efficiency commission tasked with conducting a complete financial and performance audit of the entire federal government," Trump told an audience that included Trump's former treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, and financiers Scott Bessent and John Paulson.

"I look forward to serving America if the opportunity arises," the Tesla chief wrote on X on Thursday. "No pay, no title, no recognition is needed."

Asked by Reuters about Musk heading the proposed government efficiency panel, Paulson said it was "great to have him as an ally. He's a terrific businessman, and I think the government could become much, much more efficient."

Trump says he'd create government efficiency commission led by Elon Musk | AP News
The Republican presidential nominee claimed that in 2022, “fraud and improper payments alone cost taxpayers an estimated hundreds of billions of dollars.” He said the commission would recommend “drastic reforms” and develop a plan to eliminate fraud and improper payments within six months, which he said would save trillions of dollars.

“We need to do it,” Trump said. “Can’t go on the way we are now.”

Trump also promised to cut 10 government regulations for every new regulation implemented if he’s elected in November.

He announced the plans in a speech to the Economic Club of New York, a group of executives and industry leaders, where he also unveiled proposals to slash regulations and boost energy production, embrace cryptocurrencies and drastically cut government spending as well as corporate taxes for companies that produce in the U.S.

“You’re the greatest cutter,” Trump told Musk then. “I need an Elon Musk — I need somebody that has a lot of strength and courage and smarts. I want to close up the Department of Education, move education back to the states.”

Trump and Musk, two of the world’s most powerful men, have shifted from being bitter rivals to unlikely allies over the span of one election season.

Musk, who described himself as a “moderate Democrat” until recently, suggested in 2022 that Trump was too old to be president again. Still, Musk formally endorsed Trump two days after his assassination attempt last month.

Fund the building of homes on federal land to start a sovereign wealth fund? Will he make the trains run on time too?

He didn't incite the riot in the Capital. He told people to peacefully go home. He did not tell them to enter the Capital. He did not tell them to invade the Capital. He did not tell them to steal the lectern. He did not tell them to go into Nancy Pelosi's office and take her laptop. He didn't even tell the police to shoot one person and cause the one death that occurred during the incident.

He did, however, order the strike that killed Nawar Al-Awlaki. But you don't want to talk about that for some reason.
If he didn't do those things why have multiple 1/6ers thought they were following his instructions? Just because he didn't spell it out in a 72 point font doesn't mean the message wasn't communicated.

As for Nawar Al-Awlaki--a human shield died in a strike on a terrorist. It happens. Ugly, but the only alternative is to surrender to the terrorists.

For some reason in Australia we are not being drowned in a torrent of nonsense about the forthcoming election. Granted still too long to go. This could change.
Still getting a lot of blather and bluster but not like in 2020.
I spoke too soon.
The torrent has begun in Australia :flooffrown:

Just heard of some spat between Linda Ronstadt and Trump. Too much information.

@TomC - Don't bother coming here mate. Its going to be noisy about your election.
It seems like Aussies enjoy yammering about US politics just as much, if not more, than we do. As an occasional traveler to your fair nation, I'm always surprised by how tuned in the average Australian seems to be toward our political drama, and quick to inform me of their opinion on it.
Is fun to do and the gift that keeps on giving.

He didn't incite the riot in the Capital. He told people to peacefully go home. He did not tell them to enter the Capital. He did not tell them to invade the Capital. He did not tell them to steal the lectern. He did not tell them to go into Nancy Pelosi's office and take her laptop. He didn't even tell the police to shoot one person and cause the one death that occurred during the incident.

He did, however, order the strike that killed Nawar Al-Awlaki. But you don't want to talk about that for some reason.
If he didn't do those things why have multiple 1/6ers thought they were following his instructions? Just because he didn't spell it out in a 72 point font doesn't mean the message wasn't communicated.

As for Nawar Al-Awlaki--a human shield died in a strike on a terrorist. It happens. Ugly, but the only alternative is to surrender to the terrorists.
There were idiots on his side who thought he gave instructions. There are also idiots against him who think he gave instructions. Idiots gonna idiot. Produce quotes if you want to convince me otherwise.

I'm glad you are comfortable with war crimes, we're in for a lot more of them in the future.

Produce quotes if you want to convince me otherwise.
I don't think there's anything that could convince you. Your mind is closed.

But for others...
We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.

Let's have trial by combat.

All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they're doing. And stolen by the fake news media. That's what they've done and what they're doing. We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved.

And he looked at Mike Pence, and I hope Mike is going to do the right thing. I hope so. I hope so.
Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do, all this is, this is from the number one, or certainly one of the top, Constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We're supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our Constitution, and protect our constitution.

But this year, using the pretext of the China virus and the scam of mail-in ballots, Democrats attempted the most brazen and outrageous election theft and there's never been anything like this. So pure theft in American history. Everybody knows it.

But we look at the facts and our election was so corrupt that in the history of this country we've never seen anything like it. You can go all the way back.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

As you know, the media has constantly asserted the outrageous lie that there was no evidence of widespread fraud. Have you ever seen these people? While there is no evidence of fraud. Oh, really? Well, I'm going to read you pages. I hope you don't get bored listening to it. Promise? Don't get bored listening to it, all those hundreds of thousands of people back there. Move them up, please, yeah.

We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we've been forced to believe.

But it almost seems that they're all going out of their way to hurt all of us and to hurt our country. To hurt our country.

So in Pennsylvania, you had 205,000 more votes than you had voters. And the number is actually much greater than that now. That was as of a week ago. And this is a mathematical impossibility unless you want to say it's a total fraud.

And think of what you're doing. Let's say you don't do it. Somebody says, "Well, we have to obey the Constitution." And you are, because you're protecting our country and you're protecting the Constitution. So you are.

You will have an illegitimate president. That's what you'll have. And we can't let that happen.

They also want to indoctrinate your children in school by teaching them things that aren't so. They want to indoctrinate your children. It's all part of the comprehensive assault on our democracy, and the American people are finally standing up and saying no. This crowd is, again, a testament to it.

These people are crooked. They're 100%, in my opinion, one of the most corrupt, between your governor and your secretary of state. And now you have it again last night. Just take a look at what happened. What a mess.
And the Democrat Party operatives entered into an illegal and unconstitution — unconstitutional settlement agreement that drastically weakened signature verification and other election security procedures.

There's only one reason the Democrats could possibly want to eliminate signature matching, opposed voter ID, and stop citizenship confirmation. "Are you a citizenship?" You're not allowed to ask that question, because they want to steal the election.

So when you hear, when you hear, while there is no evidence to prove any wrongdoing, this is the most fraudulent thing anybody has, this is a criminal enterprise. This is a criminal enterprise.

The Republicans have to get tougher. You're not going to have a Republican Party if you don't get tougher. They want to play so straight. They want to play so, sir, yes, the United States. The Constitution doesn't allow me to send them back to the States. Well, I say, yes it does, because the Constitution says you have to protect our country and you have to protect our Constitution, and you can't vote on fraud. And fraud breaks up everything, doesn't it? When you catch somebody in a fraud, you're allowed to go by very different rules.

We won in a landslide. This was a landslide. They said it's not American to challenge the election. This the most corrupt election in the history, maybe of the world.

All of these tech monopolies are going to abuse their power and interfere in our elections, and it has to be stopped.

If we allow this group of people to illegally take over our country because it's illegal when the votes are illegal when the way they got there is illegal when the states that vote are given false and fraudulent information.

And I say this despite all that's happened. The best is yet to come.

So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.

And all we are demanding of Vice President Pence is at one o'clock he let the legislatures of the states to look at this so we get to the bottom of it and the American people know we have control of the direction of our government or not. We no longer live in a self governing republic if we can't get the answer to this question. It is bigger than President Trump. It is the very essence of our republican form of government and it has to be done. And anyone that is not willing to stand up and do it does not deserve to be in the office. It is that simple.

In breaking news, shots fired in Trump’s vicinity. Sometimes those who ride the tiger end up inside, to paraphrase JFK.

Now maybe you can look at another crime, the being avoided.
Sure I can. There are many crimes Trump has committed. But before we move on to the next one why can’t we finish this one first? Unless you’re willing to admit it is a valid crime with indicting and trying him for.
He didn't incite the riot in the Capital. He told people to peacefully go home.

Three hours after the riot had begun and when it became obvious the scheme wasn't going to succeed.

He did not tell them to enter the Capital. He did not tell them to invade the Capital. He did not tell them to steal the lectern. He did not tell them to go into Nancy Pelosi's office and take her laptop. He didn't even tell the police to shoot one person and cause the one death that occurred during the incident.

He's a criminal but he's not stupid. This is "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" level shit.

Now maybe you can look at another crime, the being avoided.
Sure I can. There are many crimes Trump has committed. But before we move on to the next one why can’t we finish this one first? Unless you’re willing to admit it is a valid crime with indicting and trying him for.
He didn't incite the riot in the Capital. He told people to peacefully go home.

Three hours after the riot had begun and when it became obvious the scheme wasn't going to succeed.

There’s also good evidence that he didn’t incite them because it was already a pre-planned invasion, what with the collusion with the leaders of the Proud Boys and other similar groups.

Many of the people showed up in tactical gear with zip-tie cuffs, bear spray, and other such paraphernalia. Not your typical simple rally-going equipment.

He did not tell them to enter the Capital. He did not tell them to invade the Capital. He did not tell them to steal the lectern. He did not tell them to go into Nancy Pelosi's office and take her laptop. He didn't even tell the police to shoot one person and cause the one death that occurred during the incident.
If we only paid attention to the evidence of the rally speech and the entrained riffraff who were just goofing around inside the Capitol you might have a point. Unfortunately for your viewpoint there is much more evidence uncovered and attested to by mostly Republicans in fact of a larger conspiracy to overturn the results of the election, of which the Capitol attack was simply a part.

Pro-Trump podcaster Dave Rubin sparks outerage over Taylor Swift comment
After mentioning Elon Musk's tweet about giving Taylor Swift a child,
“So, he’s mocking, he’s exposing the ridiculousness,” Rubin said of the Musk tweet.
then
“It’s like, Taylor Swift, you are a young, pretty girl. Do you know what the gang members from Venezuela do to young, pretty girls? It ain’t pretty.”
My first thought was
Сколько они ему заплатили?
How much did they pay him?
Okay, so Elon Musk ia entitled to public opinions but Taylor Swift isn't. This part of his free speech position.

LOL, that’ll go well for him.
I'd never go to one. But I'd love to see Swift headlining rallies. Perhaps in Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Michigan, and Colorado?
Or devoting 2 minutes of each concert in the USA to a get out the vote message? Emphasizing women's issues like reproductive freedom?

I can dream, can't I?
Tom

Holy cow. Harris is running a raffle.
I just saw an ad. One random doner (and a friend) gets a free strip search by the secret service... NO WAIT, that's not what it said.
One random doner+1 gets to meet Harris and Walz on the campaign trail. All expenses paid.
I'm not joking. Harris herself said so in the ad. I can't wait for the bake sale.

Holy cow. Harris is running a raffle.
I just saw an ad. One random doner (and a friend) gets a free strip search by the secret service... NO WAIT, that's not what it said.
One random doner+1 gets to meet Harris and Walz on the campaign trail. All expenses paid.
I'm not joking. Harris herself said so in the ad. I can't wait for the bake sale.
Saving my money for the trading cards.

In Iowa, Selzer has the lead at 4 pts for Trump* (47-43). Selzer is the rock star of Iowa polling, but she missed it a bit in 2020. Reading tea leaves, I see Trump about the same lead in Iowa as it finished in 2020. Wisconsin is still getting close to 50 pts for Harris.

The partisan targeting of Trump will have an unknown impact. The trouble Trump has with claiming he is being targeted is schools had to shutdown as a result of his lies. Yes, attempted assassinations and fake threats to schools aren't on equal footing, but the truth is Trump is the one with the dangerous rhetoric... and the history of proving he is a threat to democracy in general. That is why he must be defeated again at the polls, not harmed.

Regarding advertising, I thought it interesting, while streaming the Indy finale in Nashville, the ads were either pro-Brown or anti-Moreno. On YouTube, there are many anti-Brown ads and some anti-Moreno ads. Moreno rarely has any pro-Moreno ads, which is a bad sign for him. But I was struck by how there was almost no negative ads against Brown for a live event. This seat is one of the best shots the GOP have at taking back the Senate. And their negative Brown ad does nothing but say Brown supports sex changes for children (graphic ad) and men playing women's sports.

A comment about the video I posted above:
Both my husband and adult daughter take methylphenidate (Ritalin/Concerta) for ADHD and have for over 20 years. I can always tell when it takes effect and when it wears off.

Something Dr. Kruse said caught my attention regarding Trump pretty much standing still during the debate compared to his actions during rallies, interviews, etc. Trump ALWAYS talks with his hands, usually the "playing the accordion" motion. He didn't during the debate. That is indicative of methylphenidate being in effect. When my husband's med wears off, he can't just sit still while watching TV. He constantly has to be moving something, usually he moves his toes or drums his fingers on the armchair.

As Dr.Kruse noted, he counted Trump's movements of more than 4 inches within a minute. He moved less than 10 times compared to his baseline of 40-50 times. That's telling.

Back
Top Bottom