• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

Michigan man refused service for not wearing mask stabs customer, is fatally shot by deputy

A Michigan man refused service for not wearing a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic early Tuesday morning stabbed another customer before he was shot to death by a sheriff's deputy, police said.

Sean Ernest Ruis, 43, walked into Quality Dairy in Windsor Township — just outside Lansing and 100 miles west of Detroit — at about 6:45 a.m. without wearing a mask.

A 77-year-old customer asked Ruis to cover his face and the store refused service before asking him to leave, Michigan State Police said in a statement. He then stabbed that customer who asked him to put on a mask, authorities said.

An Eaton County Sheriff's deputy pulled over Ruis on a residential street in neighboring Delta Township at 7:13 a.m., leading to the brief, fatal encounter official said.

"The suspect immediately exits his vehicle and walks towards the deputy with a knife in hand to attack the deputy," according to a statement from state police. "The deputy attempted to increase distance by backing up and subsequently shot and injured the suspect. The suspect was transported to a local hospital and died during surgery."
Eh. Good riddance.

My father, who was in a nursing home, suddenly passed away a month shy of his 80th birthday. At the time he hadn't been suffering from any COVID19 symptoms, though he had had pneumonia back in January. His body was not tested, so I don't know if he died from it. I'm not sure if it would be possible for him to pass away without overt symptoms, though blood clotting is a major symptom and he had suffered a massive heart attack about ten years ago from a thrown clot and he never really recovered from that. After he passed I found out that multiple people died from COVID19 in the following weeks at his nursing home. I will likely never know the true cause of death...

Sorry to hear of your loss. About the only good thing with my Dad’s passing is it literally happened the day when states and the CDC started taking this seriously. So he didn’t need to go through this madness.

Oh no, all the Karens in Calabasas be outraged !!!!111!1!!!111;

The mayor of Calabasas tells FOX 11 she is outraged after video shows YouTube star throwing a large party at his mansion on Saturday. “It wasn’t just myself who was outraged, it was everyone who saw the video,” said Mayor Alicia Weintraub. The Mayor says she started getting a barrage of phone calls from constituents after the video surfaced on social media of the party.Video posted to Instagram shows masses of young people partying both inside and outside of Paul’s mansion, all day and night.

Fox

The mayor of Calabasas tells FOX 11 she is outraged after video shows YouTube star throwing a large party at his mansion on Saturday. “It wasn’t just myself who was outraged, it was everyone who saw the video,” said Mayor Alicia Weintraub. The Mayor says she started getting a barrage of phone calls from constituents after the video surfaced on social media of the party.Video posted to Instagram shows masses of young people partying both inside and outside of Paul’s mansion, all day and night.

Fox

Ruh roh. Rich people being criticized, triggering bootlickers.

Fox
#erectthecurve!

Dined our at a Mexican restaurant In San Diego Old Town last night. Outdoor on the patio of course. Place was reasonably busy, food was good, staff were great. And I lived to tell the tale !

The mayor of San Diego does a far better job than that pair of insufferable pricks Newsom and Garcetti.

Dined our at a Mexican restaurant In San Diego Old Town last night. ... And I lived to tell the tale !

You won't know that for at least fourteen to twenty-one days.

You really don't have clue the first about how epidemic diseases spread, do you?

And yet you have very vocal opinions about this area of total ignorance. You should probably stop that - but of course, you won't. And of course it's people who do have a clue that are insufferable pricks. You couldn't possibly be one. Obviously. :rolleyes:

That is way too polite!

Most People Don't Die From It. -> I think Covid-19 is a conspiracy by communists.
We have to get back our lives. -> I want to go to the bar and drink with my buddies.
I don't live in fear. -> I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Keeping me at home is a violation of my freedom. -> My home is a shithole.
You're exaggerating it because you're out to get Trump. -> The concept of human compassion evades me.

85 infants have tested positive for coronavirus in 1 Texas county as U.S. sets new record

More than 80 infants under a year old have tested positive for the coronavirus in one Texas county, a local public health official announced, as the United States set a single-day record in the tally of new cases.

The public health director in Nueces County on the Texas Gulf Coast said at a meeting Friday that a review of coronavirus statistics showed that 85 infants in the county have tested positive.

A virus so lethal, you need to test for it to know if you have it.

You could say the same about the vast majority of causes of death. That's why autopsies are a thing. :rolleyes:

Your failure to grasp that the practice of medicine is difficult is not an argument against its being done. Nor does it render you competent to bloviate about it.

A virus so lethal, you need to test for it to know if you have it.

That might be hard to understand if you believe that ignoring it will make it go away.

He sounds like a member of the Trump cult.

Nobody knows if they will have an asymptomatic case, a horrible case that requires lengthy hospitalization with a long recovery or death.

Have I mentioned that an atheist friend of mine lost her father in law to the virus last week? The man caught in in church. I am glad that none of my Christian friends have been foolish enough to return to their churches.

Have I mentioned that my next door member lost a cousin to the virus, or that she now has three other relatives who have it? One is asymptomatic, but the other two are quite sick. If you are only exposed to a small viral load and are otherwise healthy, you may get a mild or asymptomatic case. However, there are already people who have had mild cases who are becoming infected for a second time. Apparently, in mild cases, the antibodies in the blood disappear within a few months. Regardless of other risk factors or lack of risk factors, nobody knows for sure how this virus will affect them.

I went to the grocery store earlier this morning. For the first time, everyone was wearing a mask. As of tomorrow, masks will be required in almost every chain store in my town. Lowes just got on board too, along with Home Depot, and a few others. If you want to comply, than stay home.

Back
Top Bottom