• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

Why isn't face mask compulsory on all public transportation and in shops all over the world? I don't get it. What possible political hurdle could there be?

A lot of people don't want to wear masks. That's the hurdle.

No, that's a symptom. The problem is that lots of joe and jane americans are proud of their stupidity. Come to think of it, the pride is just a symptom too.

Dumb Swedes;

A few days ago, I took a stroll to the shops. It was a glorious morning and the parks and cafés were full of families enjoying the sunshine. The restaurants were preparing for lunch; the mood was relaxed and happy. And nobody — yes, nobody — was wearing a mask. I wasn’t in Britain but in Sweden, a nation which stood alone in Europe in refusing to institute lockdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...OOK-asks-Sweden-proof-got-terribly-wrong.html

Sweden had one of the highest covid deaths per capita in Europe and about an order of magnitude higher deaths per capita than their neighboring countries. Then again, their economy didn't shrink quite as much, so I guess all those people dying were ok in the long run.

Sweden had one of the highest covid deaths per capita in Europe and about an order of magnitude higher deaths per capita than their neighboring countries. Then again, their economy didn't shrink quite as much, so I guess all those people dying were ok in the long run.

Sweden had the same problem as elsewhere. Elderly and sick people in long care facilities being killed off.

There is absolutely nothing extraordinary about this virus.

Sweden had the same problem as elsewhere. Elderly and sick people in long care facilities being killed off.

If there were nothing extraordinary about this virus, all those people dying in "long care facilities" would already be dead from something else, something more "ordinary." But for some reason, all those ordinary illnesses didn't get a chance to kill them.... Which means.... There IS something different about a virus that is 100 times more infectious than the flu and twice as deadly. So different, we might call it "extraordinary!"

If Marlboro started selling a cigarette that was 100 times more addictive and twice as deadly as anything else on the market, would you call that ... ordinary? I wouldn't.

Please extract your cranium from your anus.

But they didn't have the same problem as elsewhere. It was much worse. That's the point of my post. They had an order of magnitude more (i.e., factor of ten higher) deaths than their neighboring Scandinavian countries that did a lockdown.

You can argue that all those elderly people dying wasn't a big deal, and even argue that it was worth it (hey, they would have died soon anyway, I guess) in order to keep the economy from shrinking (and it did shrink) as much as in other countries that did a lockdown. Is that your argument? I'm not sure I see your point in bringing Sweden into the discussion.

But they didn't have the same problem as elsewhere. It was much worse. That's the point of my post. They had an order of magnitude more (i.e., factor of ten higher) deaths than their neighboring Scandinavian countries that did a lockdown.

You can argue that all those elderly people dying wasn't a big deal, and even argue that it was worth it (hey, they would have died soon anyway, I guess) in order to keep the economy from shrinking (and it did shrink) as much as in other countries that did a lockdown. Is that your argument? I'm not sure I see your point in bringing Sweden into the discussion.

He doesn't have a point. He doesn't believe that the virus poses any significant threat to humans, period. He doesn't have any evidence to counteract the facts that speak against this belief, or the educated opinions of experts. He just believes what he believes, and he is here only to rant about government overreach. He is [edited], and along with others like him, a big part of the reason why the virus has been so hard to contain in the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice try. This is some pastor making money off the dupes, selling these cards. They won't hold muster legally.

I have a friend who posted a video on Facebook where she gets fined for not wearing a mask in the Copenhagen subway. On camera she says that this is a civic protest. She comes across as an utter loony. I met her the same day later and she expected me to be supportive. I was too angry to comment at all. I just changed the subject.

The control freaks in LA County were dealt blow after a Los Angeles superior court denied these power drunk control freaks' restraining order on a church's ability to hold indoor service;

A Los Angeles Superior Court judge has denied a county request for an injunction to stop a Sun Valley church from holding indoor services in violation of county and state health orders to curb the coronavirus pandemic. In the latest chapter of what has become a protracted legal battle between Los Angeles County officials and Grace Community Church, led by prominent Pastor John MacArthur, Judge Mitchell L. Beckloff ruled Tuesday, Aug. 25, that the county’s arguments in support of a temporary restraining order were both procedurally and substantively defective.

DailyNews

Hopefully this will spur other organizations (barber shops, nail salons etc) to take the fascist bastards to court.

I am. happy to say that a lot more people in my town are wearing masks when they visit stores. I know there are still some idiots who believe the entire pandemic is a hoax, but there will always be people like that. The numbers have gone down slightly in my county, hopefully due to better compliance to wearing masks. I was just at Lowes briefly and every single person in the store had on a mask. That's a big change from a couple of weeks ago.

I read an article a few days ago, that claimed that when a group of health care workers all wore masks and plastic shields, there were no cases of COVID transmitted. All hospitals and nursing homes should be providing masks and shields to all of their workers. And, no health care worker should ever have the wear the same mask over again.

‘My little boy suffered the consequences’: Florida mom regrets lax approach to virus

A 4-year-old Florida boy has been in and out of the hospital multiple times over the last 10 days. He was diagnosed with an inflammatory illness called Kawasaki disease a few weeks after testing positive for the coronavirus.

Erin Thomassen, Sarasota, Florida, said her son, Alex, didn’t show any serious symptoms while he had COVID-19. For him, things escalated after he recovered and received a negative test result.

First, it was aches and pains, then it was a high fever followed by a racing heart and swollen limbs.

“His eyes were bloodshot red. He lost control of his stomach and he was throwing up and having to go to the bathroom,” said Thomassen.

Alex’s parents took him to the emergency room at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. After a second visit, doctors sent him to Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital in St. Pete.

“If it had gone on even one or two more days, he could’ve had really bad irreparable cardiac damage,” said the boy’s mother.

In a Facebook post that’s now been shared more than 1,000 times since Aug. 8, Thomassen wrote, “I kick myself for being lax about wearing masks and physical distancing. I thumbed my nose at the experts and my little boy suffered the consequences…We were complacent. We went to the gym without masks. We thought that we were safer because we’re all young and healthy.”

She admits, her son’s hospitalization was a wake up call.

Just the flu.

That insufferable prick Newsom at it again;

As flu season nears, California is preparing for a "twindemic" and a notable spike in demand for influenza and COVID-19 tests, Gov. Newsom said on Wednesday. California currently conducts around 100,000 COVID-19 tests per day, but state health officials expect an added stress on the testing system as more people get tested for the flu. Newsom said the state is partnering with PerkinElmer to produce an additional 150,000 COVID-19 tests per day, with a guaranteed turnaround time of 24 to 48 hours.

Newsom denounced the new guidelines set by the CDC which now says people do not have to get tested if they came into contact with someone who contracted COVID-19. "I don't agree with the new CDC guidance, period, full stop. It's not the policy in the state of California. We will not be influenced by that change. We're influenced by those who are experts in the field who feel very differently," he said.

ABC7News

The deal with PerkinElmer is over a billion dollars. CA doesn't have a pot to piss in and this insufferable prick steams ahead spending money he doesn't have on things that are not necessary.

As flu season nears, California is preparing for a "twindemic" and a notable spike in demand for influenza and COVID-19 tests, Gov. Newsom said on Wednesday. California currently conducts around 100,000 COVID-19 tests per day, but state health officials expect an added stress on the testing system as more people get tested for the flu. Newsom said the state is partnering with PerkinElmer to produce an additional 150,000 COVID-19 tests per day, with a guaranteed turnaround time of 24 to 48 hours.

Newsom denounced the new guidelines set by the CDC which now says people do not have to get tested if they came into contact with someone who contracted COVID-19. "I don't agree with the new CDC guidance, period, full stop. It's not the policy in the state of California. We will not be influenced by that change. We're influenced by those who are experts in the field who feel very differently," he said.

ABC7News

The deal with PerkinElmer is over a billion dollars. CA doesn't have a pot to piss in and this insufferable prick steams ahead spending money he doesn't have on things that are not necessary.

Your continuing commitment to this hyperbolic satire is commendable, but your posts really belong in the humour forum.

As a fellow Californian, I would like to apologize for my state. It seems that an ironbound requirement for being a Republican in this region is a deep-set, irrational hatred for the current democratically elected governor, whoever they are, and anything they say or do, however seemingly obvious, rational, or benign it might be. It is all part of a dystopian alternate plane of reality in which state governors have uncontrollable power over every aspect of communal life, and their wills are bent toward supreme evil for all.

ABC7News

Your inability to see the pile of corpses doesn't make them go away.

The CDC has already admitted they were pressured into that stupid guidance--which is a de-facto statement that it should be ignored.

That insufferable prick Newsom has gone full on control freak;

alifornia Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Friday a new process for reopening businesses that is slower and more gradual than what the state tried earlier this summer amid the coronavirus pandemic. The new rules create a four-tier, color-coded system that counties will move through based on their number of cases and percentage of positive tests. It will rely on two metrics to determine which tier a county is in: case rates and the percentage of positive tests. The new process will put more power with the state instead of the counties.

Riverside County Supervisor Karen Spiegel, who has recovered from a bout with the virus, said she hopes the state plan recognizes different levels of risk that come with different business activities. She’s puzzled why shoppers can fill a Costco, where she stopped Thursday, while indoor hair salons remain off limits.

KTVNews

Spiegel is correct. Newsom has some explaining to do.

A virus so lethal you need a test to determine if you have it.

Back
Top Bottom