• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

That insufferable prick Newsom has gone full on control freak;

alifornia Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Friday a new process for reopening businesses that is slower and more gradual than what the state tried earlier this summer amid the coronavirus pandemic. The new rules create a four-tier, color-coded system that counties will move through based on their number of cases and percentage of positive tests. It will rely on two metrics to determine which tier a county is in: case rates and the percentage of positive tests. The new process will put more power with the state instead of the counties.

Riverside County Supervisor Karen Spiegel, who has recovered from a bout with the virus, said she hopes the state plan recognizes different levels of risk that come with different business activities. She’s puzzled why shoppers can fill a Costco, where she stopped Thursday, while indoor hair salons remain off limits.

KTVNews

Spiegel is correct. Newsom has some explaining to do.

A virus so lethal you need a test to determine if you have it.

You need a test to determine what disease you have. That's true of every disease in history.

Any fucking idiot can die.

Sadly, some take longer than others to do so, despite their idiocy.

Looks like France and Spain back to their highest daily infections rates, no deaths yet though. Could it be that these who could die already did?
So much for South Korea and Japan, they both have spikes.

As a fellow Californian, I would like to apologize for my state. It seems that an ironbound requirement for being a Republican in this region is a deep-set, irrational hatred for the current democratically elected governor, whoever they are, and anything they say or do, however seemingly obvious, rational, or benign it might be. It is all part of a dystopian alternate plane of reality in which state governors have uncontrollable power over every aspect of communal life, and their wills are bent toward supreme evil for all.

And whatever happened to "state rights"? Like wasn't that that getting banged on about for years? And now it's all authoritarian boot licking

As a fellow Californian, I would like to apologize for my state. It seems that an ironbound requirement for being a Republican in this region is a deep-set, irrational hatred for the current democratically elected governor, whoever they are, and anything they say or do, however seemingly obvious, rational, or benign it might be. It is all part of a dystopian alternate plane of reality in which state governors have uncontrollable power over every aspect of communal life, and their wills are bent toward supreme evil for all.

And whatever happened to "state rights"? Like wasn't that that getting banged on about for years? And now it's all authoritarian boot licking

They're all for it, they're just traitors to the state they're actually in. Hence frequent, ill-organized attempts by certain corners of the state to secede and join the red states somehow. Actually our current Democratic strong majority has a lot to do with frustrated conservatives picking up stakes and moving to Idaho or Nevada. Those havens of prosperity and bliss

Actually our current Democratic strong majority has a lot to do with frustrated conservatives picking up stakes and moving to Idaho or Nevada.

I hope they are happier there.

I don't, really. If the racist, fascist paradigm produced a some sort of genuine utopia, I'd have to rethink my rhetoric some.

alifornia Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Friday a new process for reopening businesses that is slower and more gradual than what the state tried earlier this summer amid the coronavirus pandemic. The new rules create a four-tier, color-coded system that counties will move through based on their number of cases and percentage of positive tests. It will rely on two metrics to determine which tier a county is in: case rates and the percentage of positive tests. The new process will put more power with the state instead of the counties.

Riverside County Supervisor Karen Spiegel, who has recovered from a bout with the virus, said she hopes the state plan recognizes different levels of risk that come with different business activities. She’s puzzled why shoppers can fill a Costco, where she stopped Thursday, while indoor hair salons remain off limits.

KTVNews

We need food, we have to accept the risk. We don't need hairstyling.

Looks like France and Spain back to their highest daily infections rates, no deaths yet though. Could it be that these who could die already did?

In Europe that is certainly the case. The number of positive tests go way up but deaths and hospitalizations have gone down or remains flat. The incompetent (One can only hope it was down to incompetence) authorities killed off so many old and vulnerable people that this virus has pretty much run its course. And people are starting to cotton on to this hence large demonstrations in Berlin and London and other places much to the chagrin of the authoritarians. Of course Merkel sent the police in to break up the demo in Berlin. That certainly wouldn’t have happened if the protest had been about BLM or one of the state approved reasons.

What scares me is the obvious solution to their problem - they would love to strip all power from the Governor and give it to the Dictator King President.

KTVNews

Not to mention it's kinda' hard for a hair stylist to maintain a six foot social distance.

What scares me is the obvious solution to their problem - they would love to strip all power from the Governor and give it to the Dictator King President.

Yes, 'cause they're the "small government" party... :rolleyes:

KTVNews

I'm in favor of opening hair salons. They should be able to do it safely with the right protocols. There is some evidence it can be done.

Absence of Apparent Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from Two Stylists After Exposure at a Hair Salon with a Universal Face Covering Policy — Springfield, Missouri, May 2020 | MMWR

And maybe also use chairs spaced apart, don't let customers wait inside, maybe use face shields too, etc. Lots of in person activities can be done safely, if done right.

Personally though, I don't need barbers to open. I was forced to cut my own hair, and found out it's not so hard. I always thought there's no way to do a good job of it at home, but I watched some youtubes on it and got some clippers, and it was fine. I'm never going to another barber ever again. People wearing long hair or wanting fancy styling may need to go to professionals, but the average guy probably doesn't need to.

I've been freed from barbershop small talk. Thank you, covid! (sorry, haircutting industry)

Not to mention it's kinda' hard for a hair stylist to maintain a six foot social distance.

Kinda hard to keep a six foot distance on a four hour flight, 30 minute Uber ride at the dentist etc but they opened. But beaches will be closed on Labor Day.

Kinda hard to keep a six foot distance on a four hour flight, 30 minute Uber ride at the dentist etc but they opened. But beaches will be closed on Labor Day.

Airplanes and ubers you can keep your mask on. Dentists are needed. We have seen that people don't wear masks on the beach and they socialize with people other than their household.

Airplanes and ubers you can keep your mask on. Dentists are needed. We have seen that people don't wear masks on the beach and they socialize with people other than their household.

Socializing in indoor places is one thing, but the beach, unless it's a packed-like-sardines situation, is not a high risk spreader location. For one, it's outdoors, and outdoor places are far better than indoor ones. Plus, when people flock to the beach, it's usually hot and sunny, and the virus cannot survive heat and UV light long.

So I think closing beaches is a bad idea. Better would be capacity limits.

So much for South Korea and Japan, they both have spikes.

Deaths lag cases, obviously. That said, the death rate goes down when more people are tested and more asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic cases are counted and also as death rate actually decreases as physicians know more about the disease and how to treat it. Surely the healthcare profession knows a lot more about COVID in August than it did in April.

Socializing in indoor places is one thing, but the beach, unless it's a packed-like-sardines situation, is not a high risk spreader location. For one, it's outdoors, and outdoor places are far better than indoor ones. Plus, when people flock to the beach, it's usually hot and sunny, and the virus cannot survive heat and UV light long.

So I think closing beaches is a bad idea. Better would be capacity limits.

Capacity limits mean nothing because the problem is people go to the beach to socialize.

[Surely the healthcare profession knows a lot more about COVID in August than it did in April.

One would think. However, similar to “climate change”, politicians seize the moment to force their own agenda.

How is keeping beaches closed serving "their own agenda"? And what is "their own agenda"?

This oughta' be good.

Back
Top Bottom