• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

I'm the "they". It was a drive by. I cropped and zoomed. Thought it was enough.

Just down the road, there's an "Abortion kills" sign that's been posted in a front yard for years and years. It has a pretty good line drawing of an infant crying. About four years back, a "Black babies matter" sign was added. I thought that was a peculiar addition. Did they not matter prior to? Is it that your drawing looks like a white baby and you wanted to better clarify your position? They probably just thought they were being clever playing off the obvious. I was kinda hoping it would all come down after they won. Nope. Still wanna bitch.

In white rural America, folks love to put their opinion out on the front lawn. Mostly political. Occasionally not. More in the suburbs, "Drive like your children live here." is popular. I thought, "Drive like your ex-wife lives here." might be a nice.

More in the suburbs, "Drive like your children live here." is popular.
I see a lot of "Slow down - we love our children", which always makes me think "Why would you loving your children make me want to slow down? I haven't even met them".

But the sign that I think is dumbest is one I see everywhere: "End roadwork - Drive safely". I have been driving safely for over thirty years, and if anything there is more roadwork now than there used to be. It's just not an effective strategy to achieve the stated goal. The entire "End roadwork" campaign strikes me as futile, but you see their signs everywhere, usually just after passing through major roadwork zones. I understand the frustration, but the roadwork is probably necessary.

More in the suburbs, "Drive like your children live here." is popular.
I see a lot of "Slow down - we love our children", which always makes me think "Why would you loving your children make me want to slow down? I haven't even met them".

But the sign that I think is dumbest is one I see everywhere: "End roadwork - Drive safely". I have been driving safely for over thirty years, and if anything there is more roadwork now than there used to be. It's just not an effective strategy to achieve the stated goal. The entire "End roadwork" campaign strikes me as futile, but you see their signs everywhere, usually just after passing through major roadwork zones. I understand the frustration, but the roadwork is probably necessary.
And the not-safe drivers will still not-safe drive anyway.

Today is my birthday. My wife and I went to the Immersive exhibit Monet and the Impressionists.

On the way back, she was driving and I was trying to pause a podcast. I struggled with my phone at length before figuring out why I couldn't: The podcast was playing on her phone, not mine.

My wife's comment: "Seventy-two years old, but no smarter than when you were seventy-one."

At least I'm holding steady.

Today is my birthday. My wife and I went to the Immersive exhibit Monet and the Impressionists.

On the way back, she was driving and I was trying to pause a podcast. I struggled with my phone at length before figuring out why I couldn't: The podcast was playing on her phone, not mine.

My wife's comment: "Seventy-two years old, but no smarter than when you were seventy-one."

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday!

Post image

The Subway Piranhas

Did anyone tell you
that in each subway train
there is one special seat
with a small hole in it
and underneath the seat
is a tank of piranha-fish
which have not been fed
for quite some time.