• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

No, they're murder sticks. My coworkers spent the day looking up youtubes of mantis shrimp beating the fuck out of octopi, clams, crabs in test tubes, slow moving researchers, etc.

And aquariums :p

I can thank Atheos for also spending an afternoon reading and watching videos about the mantis shrimp, their eyesight and their murder sticks.

:lol:

I stepped into a classroom when I was the teacher's aide, she turned to me, "You'll know! What's the plural of moose?"

"Um... " I looked left, I looked right, "Holy shit, there's a moose everywhere you look!"

Shouldn't that be "aquaria"? </James Brown> :)

Depends on how you want it to be spelled in fifty years. If you want English to be easy for children and international users, go with "aquariums."

If you want your language to be easy for children and international users, speak a designed language, like Esperanto or Klingon.

Depends on how you want it to be spelled in fifty years. If you want English to be easy for children and international users, go with "aquariums."

If you want your language to be easy for children and international users, speak a designed language, like Esperanto or Klingon.
Great. Another generation...who...
TALKS...
Likewilliamshatner.

Shouldn't that be "aquaria"? </James Brown> :)

Also consider that Latin forms are not required in English unless you're writing for scientific research or law.

Also consider that Latin forms are not required in English unless you're writing for scientific research or law.

It still raises my hackles to see "indexes" in the newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom