• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

To Give You a Size of the Immense and Growing Size of Illegal Immigration

I was referring to the undemocratic agenda of our ruling elite. The same ruling elite who controls both Democrats and Republicans who (prior to Trump) always walked lock step in globalism, to wit:
The idea that there's any entity that controls them both doesn't make sense.

1. Military and CIA involvement everywhere except our own boarders
Everywhere? I'm not aware of any military actions in places which are neither belligerent nor allied.

And every major power has spies everywhere, friend and foe alike.

2. Off shoring the manufacturing and high value jobs to the rest of the world
The high value jobs usually do not get offshored. It's the low value jobs where low labor costs are sufficiently attractive to incur the costs of operating offshore. And it's a convenient bogeyman which is mostly not true--most of the lost jobs were lost to machinery, not to offshoring. At my previous employer our output per worker grew by about 5x over a couple of decades. Zero offshoring. Those jobs vanished.

3. Increased central control of federal government, less freedom for the people who pay their salaries
Less freedom? We seem more free to do things which don't endanger others.

4. Government leaders who are supposed to serve the public but instead pass laws they don't themselves follow, such as insider stock trading
Nothing new there.

5. Always higher taxes for lower and middle classes and lower taxes for the uber rich
Nothing new.

We did take a very brief pause on #2 during the Trump administration but I am a little concerned (maga supporters are really concerned) if our ruling elite becomes successful taking out Trump and his populist ideology, the Republican party will just go back to its default factory settings again. We will then go back to undemocratic lockstep party monopolies once again.
No, he talked good, nothing changed.

And note that populists are always actually authoritarian. They sound good, it's just a ruse to get into power.

Immigration is pretty high right now on the south border. It isn't a flood, but it is high enough border communities need our support. So do the cities that are running out of vacancy. What these places don't need is alt-right xenophobic angst.

Speaker Johnson wants to close the border.
Mexico is not an invading Hunnic tribe, they are an allied nation that has risked a lot to side with us over the last many decades. Republican politicians are traitorous turncoats, who abuse our alliances but pose for smiling photo ops with foreign dictators snd conquerors; that's your threat from within. Not poor people trying to cross a river to see their family.

Like Biden and Newsom when they met with Xi Jinping?
And yet the GOP denied the Biden requested increase in funding for border security.....

I don't see what that has to do with Brandon and Newsom meeting with the Chinese dictator.

It's almost as though they aren't sincere.

As sincere as the sanctuary city mayors of Chicago and New York?
Really?
You see zero difference between immigrants choosing to move to an area where they may have family and friends and lying to them and loading them into busses and sending them someplace ELSE without their understanding of what is going on, lying to them and deliberately trying to make their lives more difficult?

Who do you think was harmed by those bus loads of immigrants? Not the residents of NYC or Chicago. Nope just the immigrants themselves. Which suits you and Abbot just fine.

Chicago and NYC have been housing and taking care of the immigrants being bussed up there up to this point. They are well above capacity now.

Not seeing them joking around in a press conference and sending them to places with "more open spaces" like Wyoming (and Texas).

Immigration is pretty high right now on the south border. It isn't a flood, but it is high enough border communities need our support. So do the cities that are running out of vacancy. What these places don't need is alt-right xenophobic angst.

Mexico is not an invading Hunnic tribe, they are an allied nation that has risked a lot to side with us over the last many decades. Republican politicians are traitorous turncoats, who abuse our alliances but pose for smiling photo ops with foreign dictators snd conquerors; that's your threat from within. Not poor people trying to cross a river to see their family.

And yet the GOP denied the Biden requested increase in funding for border security.....

I don't see what that has to do with Brandon and Newsom meeting with the Chinese dictator.

Really?
You see zero difference between immigrants choosing to move to an area where they may have family and friends and lying to them and loading them into busses and sending them someplace ELSE without their understanding of what is going on, lying to them and deliberately trying to make their lives more difficult?

Who do you think was harmed by those bus loads of immigrants? Not the residents of NYC or Chicago. Nope just the immigrants themselves. Which suits you and Abbot just fine.

It's all a bit silly from all sides. The grandstanding mayors who are so vocal about how they welcome "immigrants" but whine like little bitches when "immigrants" start showing up are proving to be even more stupid than I thought.

As far as the "immigrants" are concerned, they could just not come to the USA. They were lied to long before they were loaded onto buses and planes. And by the way, the Brandon administration disperses "immigrants" all over the USA anyway.

"immigrants" being harmed does not suit me. I am an immigrant to the USA, why do you say harming immigrants would suit me?

Really?

It's all a bit silly from all sides. The grandstanding mayors who are so vocal about how they welcome "immigrants" but whine like little bitches when "immigrants" start showing up are proving to be even more stupid than I thought.

As far as the "immigrants" are concerned, they could just not come to the USA. They were lied to long before they were loaded onto buses and planes. And by the way, the Brandon administration disperses "immigrants" all over the USA anyway.

"immigrants" being harmed does not suit me. I am an immigrant to the USA, why do you say harming immigrants would suit me?
Why is "immigrant" in quotation marks? Do you not speak English fluently or something, and didn't recognize the word?

Really?

Why is "immigrant" in quotation marks? Do you not speak English fluently or something, and didn't recognize the word?
A lot of these "immigrants" are asylum seekers and will no doubt return to their country of origin when safe to do so or if their asylum application is denied. A lot of them may also be "migrants" or temporary workers who will also leave. I don't think you know what an immigrant is or what immigration actually entails. I do know because I am an immigrant.

...I am an immigrant to the USA, ...

Wait, so you're the one who has been poisoning our blood?!?!

To think all this time right under our very noses. For years...

This is the biggest secret reveal since we found out what Monica has been doing to the ladies of Salt Lake City!

Really?

A lot of these "immigrants" are asylum seekers and will no doubt return to their country of origin when safe to do so or if their asylum application is denied. A lot of them may also be "migrants" or temporary workers who will also leave. I don't think you know what an immigrant is or what immigration actually entails. I do know because I am an immigrant.
Actually, I have friends and family who are immigrants, as well as a significant number of (former—I’ve since retired) co-workers.

Almost every time you try to praise Trump for something, it turns out he did virtually nothing and Biden is actually the one that did it.

How many times have you tried to do this to only have the true facts shown to you? By almost all the standards you have expressed, Biden has fulfilled them far far better than Trump. Are you really that brain-washed by Trump cultism?
I am pleased Biden continued what Trump started because frankly I expected him to undo the progress instead of actually helping with the cause.

That notwithstanding, we both know none of this progress would have happened without Trump in the first place. Had anyone else been POTUS (especially Hillary) it would have been business as usual. It took serious courage to enact unproven tariffs while almost everyone such as yourself was ridiculing Trumps effort at the time.

So yes, more progress has been made after Trump due to Biden being the expert how government works. But Trump deserves the credit for getting it going in the first place. Our new North America trade agreement with Mexico and Canada would never have happened without him.
Tariffs other than against specific misbehavior are bad for America. They are protecting the elite at the expense of the common man, exactly what you are objecting to!

Really?

Why the scare quotes around immigrants except when you describe yourself as an immigrant? What makes you so different? And why the lack of sympathy for asylum seekers?

You are correct that ( some) immigrants are lied to, cheated, abused and terrorized in various ways before they decide to immigrate. It is morally outrageous for a state to further deceive, manipulate and otherwise abuse those seeking to immigrate to the US by bussing them thousands of miles to a location they did not choose and where they may have no friends or family waiting to assist them.

Actually, I have friends and family who are immigrants, as well as a significant number of (former—I’ve since retired) co-workers.
How utterly unsurprising. :sleep:

Why the scare quotes around immigrants except when you describe yourself as an immigrant? What makes you so different? And why the lack of sympathy for asylum seekers?

Scare quotes? They are just quotes and the reason I used quotes has been explained. A lot of these what you call "immigrants" are not immigrants at all.

You are correct that ( some) immigrants are lied to, cheated, abused and terrorized in various ways before they decide to immigrate. It is morally outrageous for a state to further deceive, manipulate and otherwise abuse those seeking to immigrate to the US by bussing them thousands of miles to a location they did not choose and where they may have no friends or family waiting to assist them.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

How utterly unsurprising. :sleep:

Scare quotes? They are just quotes and the reason I used quotes has been explained. A lot of these what you call "immigrants" are not immigrants at all.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
Of course it’s unsurprising that I have family members, friends, neighbors and coworkers who are immigrants! We are a nation of immigrants! Also a few Indigenous friends and some family who are partly indigenous. One of my former workplaces was comprised entirely of foreign nations with the exception of 3 other American born/US citizens.

I’m not certain why you seem to be contemptuous of asylum seekers ? Surely as a non-natural born citizen, you can understand the dangers difficulties in immigration when it is something you chose. How much worse when you are fleeing for your life!

Of course it’s unsurprising that I have family members, friends, neighbors and coworkers who are immigrants! We are a nation of immigrants! Also a few Indigenous friends and some family who are partly indigenous. One of my former workplaces was comprised entirely of foreign nations with the exception of 3 other American born/US citizens.

I'm sorry, I appear to have given you the impression I give a shit, my bad.

Because it seems like he fits that moniker to a "T." He is not and has never been anything but "elite," being a scion of wealth who inherited his money, a beneficiary of nepotism who never had to apply to a job outside of his father's company, and literally has golden toilets in his own bathrooms.
I would agree Trump failed executing most of his promises. And he is no doubt a defective individual having bad morals.

But he is NOT part of the ruling elite of the US. They obviously hate him.
Everyone is afraid of a lunatic with power. That doesn't make said lunatic good.

I'm sorry, I appear to have given you the impression I give a shit, my bad.
No, you give the impression of being a typical trumptster..

I have found that many immigrants who were fortunate enough to come here easily, despise immigrants who are asylum seekers or who are simply desperate for a better life. The company that did some repair work on our home, was owned by a Mexican immigrant and he said to me, "Mexicans are welcome to any country in the world, except the US." We both smiled and I told him I knew what he meant and it was a damn shame. A lot of immigrants that come here searching for a better life, start small businesses or take on the jobs that Americans just can't seem to be able to do. Immigrants are the back bone of this country and I don't understand the fear and hatred of those who have risked their lives to come here. The vast majority are an asset to this country. Too bad the R party lies about them, especially the very evil, pathological liar, sociopath, known as tfg.

Can you provide examples of the "welcomes" and the "whines" from those two mayors?

Immigrants are the back bone of this country and I don't understand the fear and hatred of those who have risked their lives to come here. The vast majority are an asset to this country. Too bad the R party lies about them, especially the very evil, pathological liar, sociopath, known as tfg.

And that guy ? His mother was an immigrant and his father was the child of immigrants who grew up speaking German. Two of tfg's wives were immigrants. A lot of Americans have immigrant ancestry. My great grandparents on my mother's side were Polish immigrants, My father's side is a mix of Scottish and French Canadian. The biggest difference between the immigrant ancestors of many Americans and the immigrants of today is that the former came here on a boat looking for work, while the latter came here across a river looking for work.

This is nothing new, though. There has been "Nativist" sentiment before where the grandchildren of people who arrived on a boat hated the more recent arrivals because they weren't "real Americans."

Back
Top Bottom