• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

And it's weird, isn't it? Kid with an AR walks into a BLM protest and guns down several people...right wing be like "Cool!" Kid with an AR guns down several people at a Trump rally, and the right wing reaction is "OMG! We must do something about all this violence! Pray for our country!"
Comparing Kyle Rittenhouse to Thomas Crooks? Wow. How low can you go.
Sarcasm?

And it's weird, isn't it? Kid with an AR walks into a BLM protest and guns down several people...right wing be like "Cool!" Kid with an AR guns down several people at a Trump rally, and the right wing reaction is "OMG! We must do something about all this violence! Pray for our country!"
Sarcasm?
The jury is still out on whether Crooks got his gun from his dad, or if he bought it on his own, but they're both young, white, male shooters. Both went to a place where there were going to be a lot of people present. Both went with an intent to kill people. Both of them did kill people. There are differences, of course. One is dead. One is held up as a hero among the right wing. One shot at the right's object of worship, while the other shot at people who were saying that Black Lives Matter, which is something the right wing strongly disagrees with. Was Crooks a racist like Rittenhouse? We don't know. More broadly, both of them represent a right wing narrative that if there's something which bothers you, shooting it with a high-powered rifle is often the correct course of action. One is held up as a hero because he shot at "leftist" protestors. The other is a villain because he shot at a fascist.

Sarcasm?
The jury is still out on whether Crooks got his gun from his dad, or if he bought it on his own, but they're both young, white, male shooters. Both went to a place where there were going to be a lot of people present. Both went with an intent to kill people. Both of them did kill people. There are differences, of course. One is dead. One is held up as a hero among the right wing. One shot at the right's object of worship, while the other shot at people who were saying that Black Lives Matter, which is something the right wing strongly disagrees with. Was Crooks a racist like Rittenhouse? We don't know. More broadly, both of them represent a right wing narrative that if there's something which bothers you, shooting it with a high-powered rifle is often the correct course of action. One is held up as a hero because he shot at "leftist" protestors. The other is a villain because he shot at a fascist.
Did you forget about how the people that Rittenhouse shot were actively attacking him?

Wait, of course you did. To some people shooting is shooting, even if one is self-defense and the other is murder. To them they're both murder.

How is it racist to shoot white people?

Anyone else surprised at this? I’ve been thinking since 2016 that some nut is going to take a shot at this guy. That many armed loonies and so many rallies, the odds are pretty good this was going to happen at some point.

The thing about being a loudmouth bully is eventually you piss off the wrong person

Sarcasm?
The difference between the so-called "Right" and "Left" is that Crooks will never be hero-worshipped. It will not matter what he intended to do or why, his method ensures his damnatio memorium. Say what you will about the liberal wing, but we do not worship monsters.

There is an important difference between this guy and Rittenhouse.

Rittenhouse didn't miss.

Note: I called it months ago that Trump was in the most danger from disillusioned republicans

Rittenhouse didn't miss.

Note: I called it months ago that Trump was in the most danger from disillusioned republicans
I'd agree that QAnon was probably a bigger threat but a burned out Sanders supporter tried to mow down a gaggle of Republicans.

Rittenhouse is a distraction. This person clearly intended to kill at lwast one person yesterday. I think the bigger problem is the GOP inciting anger after this shooting against the Democrats, worse in light of Trump's generalized attitude of using violence or promoting violent rhetoric.

Reactions: SLD
Man, I thought Alex Jones was the king of conspiracy theories. Some of you are not far behind.

I think some have gone past Alex Jones.
You musn't be familiar with Alex Jones.

So the right wing spreads all kinds of batshit insane conspiracy theories, but the one time some leftists do it they're suddenly "crazier than Alex Jones". Uh huh.
Yeah, it’s kinda like how Trumpsucker violence is “legitimate political discourse” and left wing jaywalkers are “a threat to America”.

The difference between the so-called "Right" and "Left" is that Crooks will never be hero-worshipped. It will not matter what he intended to do or why, his method ensures his damnatio memorium. Say what you will about the liberal wing, but we do not worship monsters.

We're seeing the difference today, but I wonder how many people will notice?

Every single prominent Democrat - Biden, Schumer, AOC, Pennsylvania Senator Fetterman, etc. all down the line are condemning the attack and wishing Trump a speedy recovery. Biden even called personally to wish him well.

Meanwhile, VP hopeful JD Vance and musical theater fan Lauren Boehbert have already come out to blame the shooting on Biden, and when the husband of former Speaker Pelosi was attacked and nearly killed in their home (she was the target, but was elsewhere), Trump joked about it during a rally to roars of laughter from his supporters.

Rittenhouse is a distraction. This person clearly intended to kill at lwast one person yesterday. I think the bigger problem is the GOP inciting anger after this shooting against the Democrats, worse in light of Trump's generalized attitude of using violence or promoting violent rhetoric.
In this respect, I'm relieved that the shooter turned out to be a documented white male. Trump's supporters would have unleashed an immediate storm of violence and harassment on this country had he turned out to be Latino or Muslim in any degree.

Rittenhouse didn't miss.
You know, according to Rittenhouse defenders, someone simply showing up at a rally with a gun and intent to kill is not a crime, and trying to apprehend them is a crime. Even ambiguity of intent does not justify detaining a gunman. By Trump logic, Crooks wasn't a criminal until he finished aiming his gun. Until then, he was just a common citizen with every right to do what he was doing. After he took his shots and thus became a criminal, he was killed within a matter of seconds, which is exactly how justice works in right-wing circles. You let crimes happen, then "punish" them with overwhelming force.

We're seeing the difference today, but I wonder how many people will notice?

Every single prominent Democrat - Biden, Schumer, AOC, Pennsylvania Senator Fetterman, etc. all down the line are condemning the attack and wishing Trump a speedy recovery. Biden even called personally to wish him well.

Meanwhile, VP hopeful JD Vance and musical theater fan Lauren Boehbert have already come out to blame the shooting on Biden, and when the husband of former Speaker Pelosi was attacked and nearly killed in their home (she was the target, but was elsewhere), Trump joked about it during a rally to roars of laughter from his supporters.

I have not forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom