• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump supporters vs. Rep. Liz Cheney

I was disappointed to expend the click, and then see only:
So much support for a war-mongering chicken-hawk neocon neolib.

No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA

The word "know" has one silent k.
The word "knuckle" has two silent k's.
The word "Democrat" has three silent k's.

Yea, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not to mention the third part was originally "Republican has three silent ks."

Cheney, unbound, settles into the ‘bull’s-eye of controversy’ - POLITICO
At her last conference meeting as a House Republican leader, Liz Cheney delivered the morning prayer for the first time. She chose a Bible verse with a pointed message: “The truth shall set you free.”

“I thought a lot about the prayer,” an oft-quoted line from the New Testament’s Book of John, Cheney told POLITICO. “Normally I yield to another member to do that, but I thought that was very important that day.”

As Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) said at the meeting to boot Cheney: “If no one is following you, you are only taking a walk. You, Liz, are only taking a walk.”

”There's usually three things that put you in the bull's-eye of controversy. It's your own ambition, somebody else's ambition or things out of your control,” said Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.), who described himself as a big fan of Cheney's. When asked which one applies in her case, Davis responded: “All three.”
However, LC has no regrets.
“I’m really glad that I decided to stay in the House,” Cheney said. “As we’re engaging in these battles about principles and the future and standing up for truth, I think that these battles really are being fought out in the House.”

“When you look at history, it’s individuals who make a difference,” she added. “And I feel really honored to be able to stand up and speak on these issues that I think are going to determine the future of the country and the future of our democracy.”
But some of her fellow Republicans think that she might have had a brighter future if she had run for the Senate.

I was disappointed to expend the click, and then see only:
So much support for a war-mongering chicken-hawk neocon neolib.

No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA

The word "know" has one silent k.
The word "knuckle" has two silent k's.
The word "Democrat" has three silent k's.

Yea, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not to mention the third part was originally "Republican has three silent ks."

Conservotards are not noted for their originality.

It's still funny to see people in this forum cheering for a neocon simply because Trump supporters are opposed to neocons.

What part of neoconservatism is so appealing?
None of it. It's being willing to stand up to Donald Trump that's appealing. Jason Harvestdancer, look at what left-wingers actually say rather than watch Fox News all day.

It's still funny to see people in this forum cheering for a neocon simply because Trump supporters are opposed to neocons.

As a gay Prolifer, Liz Cheney's policy positions are hardly my favorites.
But she's showing some spine, all too rare in the current TeaParty Republican establishment.
Tom

But she's showing some spine, all too rare in the current TeaParty Republican establishment.
Tom

Liz Cheney is gay??

Tom

Liz Cheney is gay??

Maybe Tom is confused.* Liz's sister, Mary is gay. Liz caused some ruffled feathers with her warm acceptance of her sister and sister in law's marriage, then came out against gay marriage.
It ain't easy bein' a r'publikin.

* But then again , so am I. Tom typed "As a gay Prolifer" and I read "Pro Golfer".

Tom

Liz Cheney is gay??

Sorry your reading comprehension requires such detailed clarification.
I am a gay Prolifer.
Cheney is neither.
Tom

Cawthorn's orange hero sits in a sandbox flinging his poo at anyone who won't give him a binky.
A pacifier for babies?

Madison Cawthorn taunts Cheney with tweet; criticized by GOP opponent
"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye Liz Cheney," Cawthorn tweeted, pulling lyrics from the 1969 hit "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye," sometimes used as a taunting celebration at sporting events.

Cawthorn, who is facing a historically high number of challengers early in the 2022 election cycle, was criticized by a Republican primary opponent and a North Carolina political science professor who called the tweet "juvenile" and a disservice to "second-graders."

Asheville Navy veteran and legal assistant Wendy Nevarez responded with her own tweets supporting Cheney and calling on GOP primary voters to pick her over the first-term congressman.
Wendy Nevarez on Twitter: "I am running against Madison in the Republican primary. I am moderate. I believe every voice should be heard not just the ones that match the party affiliation of the current representative. Liz Cheney has a back bone and she was punished for it." / Twitter
Catawba College political science professor Mike Bitzer, responding to questions from the Citizen Times, said that anytime a tweet begins with "na na na," — "we’ve pretty much sunk to second grade-level political communication."

Bitzer, who writes state political analysis on his blog Old North State Politics, said he could not speak to what Cawthorn's intent might be but called it a juvenile and "unbelievable" approach to removing a senior party member from a political post.

"This is the tactic and strategy developed by the former president that sycophants want to emulate and capitalize on in today’s party politics," he said. That includes saying seemingly outrageous things and being able to avoid consequences, Bitzer said.

So Liz Cheney is being primaried. Her opponent is very much cut from the mould of Traditional Family Values. As in, family values that were traditional in the Middle Ages.

Cheney primary challenger says he impregnated 14-year-old when he was 18

"Everybody has something in their life that they did ... We’ve all had these problems. Why is this a big deal?" state Sen. Anthony Bouchard said Thursday in a Facebook Live video about the relationship.

"So, bottom line, it's a story when I was young. Two teenagers, girl gets pregnant. You've heard those stories before. She was a little younger than me, so it's like the Romeo and Juliet story," he said.

I'm starting to wonder whether QAnon is at serious about stopping paedophilia in politics. A lot of GQPers are falling through the cracks. It's depressing that an argument can be made that Roy Moore was simply ahead of his time and not just another sexpest.

Love it! It was just like Romeo and Juliet. Except she got pregnant, they got married, then divorced, she dies at 20 and he speaks of it like the time 'he locked the keys in his car at the graduation'.

Love it! It was just like Romeo and Juliet. Except she got pregnant, they got married, then divorced, she dies at 20 and he speaks of it like the time 'he locked the keys in his car at the graduation'.

How true is this?

The reason I ask is because I have a relative who did something similar. He was 19, she was 14. He got convicted of child molestation, although she didn't get pregnant. He was easy to convict, he never denied it. He "was in luv!", and going to marry her. The judge went as easy on him as law allowed, because he was her third boyfriend to wind up in court due to child molestation charges.

But, eventually, they did get married. Though, as a registered sex offender he still couldn't pick the kids up at school.
Tom

How true? It is all true. 18 and 14, married/divorced, she kills herself at 20.

OK.
I didn't know. Lots of stuff on TFT is not true, it's satire, fake news, sarcasm, whatever.

And it's often about stuff I don't care enough about to research.
Tom

OK.
I didn't know. Lots of stuff on TFT is not true, it's satire, fake news, sarcasm, whatever.
The GOP broke Poe, not TFT. Neither I nor The Onion could have made up that story. It'd been too ridiculous. But the good news is, thanks to this story, it does provide fodder.

Back
Top Bottom