• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump tweats new conspiracy theory

Isn't there someone else Sean needs to apologize to?

Hey, Spicey and General H.R. McMaster had to appologize to the UK for the claim that...well fuck just read it:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/uk...es-ridiculous-trump-wiretap-claims-2017-03-17

I wonder how the retired General feels about having to grovel to the UK in place of FFvC. It would piss me off...

And the few Trumpetire trolls on this breaking news are funny. See it's not FFvC's fault that he can't get anything done: :hysterical:
"@Steve B @Arthur Korandanis Maybe help me understand. What has he done that has made you happy? In fact, what has he actually accomplished? Are you pleased with his failed attempts at banning Muslims, his support of the proposed health plan, his paranoia about being spied on? I'd love to know."

Steve B 19 minutes ago
"@Arthur Korandanis @Steve B kind of hard to pass a bill when his college buddy is a judge....Obama's minions are still in place to obstruct anything he tries to do"
If that actually happened, you'd think the evidence would be buried quite deep... and again, Trump would have it in hand. He is just digging and digging. Getting his news from AM Radio, Fox News, and BreitBart. This is intolerable stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't there someone else Sean needs to apologize to?

Yes - but his only apology will be to El Cheato Himself, for failing to make His Flatulence's lies sound credible.
Either Spicer is a full blown sociopath, or I can't imagine Spicer is feeling good anytime of the day. How long can someone subject themselves to this sort of this... unless they are a sociopath.

What will it take? What will this maniac have to say that will show to his supporters that he is insane? Shape sifting aliens are against him?

If shape shifting aliens were against him how would that show he's insane?

Anyway, the real problem is that anything that shows he's insane is fake news.

What will it take? What will this maniac have to say that will show to his supporters that he is insane? Shape sifting aliens are against him?

Learned a new word today: Kakistocracy.

Kakistocracy (n.)
Government by the least qualified, most stupid members.​

"...“kakistocracy” should be reserved for systems that positively select for stupid people to be put in charge. This is historically irrespective of the actual form of government (the idiots may be either appointed by an idiot despot, or elected by a dumbed electorate, or forced through the ranks by a purposeful mob, etc.). However, I support the notion because there are arguably common factors worth studying that enable the selection of stupid people. Sycophants are probably the easiest element to see and explain, but not the only one. There must be a whole ecology of systemic political stupidity awaiting analysis.”

I'd say our current administration qualifies in spades.

Kakistocracy (n.)

"...“kakistocracy” should be reserved for systems that positively select for stupid people to be put in charge. This is historically irrespective of the actual form of government (the idiots may be either appointed by an idiot despot, or elected by a dumbed electorate, or forced through the ranks by a purposeful mob, etc.). However, I support the notion because there are arguably common factors worth studying that enable the selection of stupid people. Sycophants are probably the easiest element to see and explain, but not the only one. There must be a whole ecology of systemic political stupidity awaiting analysis.”

Trump's government: Idiocracy with an added dose of maliciousness

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk[/YOUTUBE]

Kakistocracy (n.)

Trump's government: Idiocracy with an added dose of maliciousness

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk[/YOUTUBE]

If only it were like the movie, where everyone's just stupid but generally friendly and open hearted. The movie was great as both a statement and a comedy, but when it's brought up (rightfully) in relation to current events, I like to point out that no country could ever be like the movie even aside from the obvious implausibilities, because that level of stupid in a society doesn't stay friendly for very long. That level of stupidity cries out for someone else to do the thinking and deciding, and so a society of any size would eventually experience insecurity and fear of Other and of Unknown, and the stupidity becomes a vulnerability to fascism, fake news, and mob mentality. I wish things were more like the movie. :/

So, in the Republicans effort to continue to the path of a single party Government, Representative Nunes decided to drop this ambiguous bombshell... before discussing any of it with Intelligence Committee partner Rep. Schiff.

article said:
The chairman of the House intelligence committee said Wednesday that the communications of Trump transition officials — possibly including President Donald Trump himself — may have been "monitored" after the election as part of an "incidental collection."

It was unclear whether Trump's own communications were specifically monitored. Nunes initially said "yes" when asked if Trump was among those swept up in the intelligence monitoring, but then said it was only "possible" that the president's communications were picked up.

The article continues:
article said:
Nunes said the monitored material was "widely disseminated" in intelligence reports.
We already knew that part. The intelligence that was being collected was being put out everywhere so it couldn't be covered up. But it sounds like Nunes may be trying to use old news as new news.

article said:
Asked whether he believed the transition team had been spied on, Nunes said: "It all depends on one's definition of spying."
*facepalm* Yes, let's muddy the waters as much as possible to help cover up the whole Manafort laundered money thing. Jebus, this is Wikileaks all over again. Trump gets caught with something and miraculously something else is released to offer cover.

This shit is becoming intolerable.

Wait, I thought he hated leaks.

This makes sense to me. The Intel committee has been complaining that the FBI hasn't been very forthcoming with information. This could be why. Comey knew that any info provided would go straight back to Trump through Nunes, possibly compromising the investigation to a degree.

It's getting even more bizarre. Nunes met with his source on "incidental collection" on the White House grounds. WTF? I wonder if the same "source" that led Trump to tweet in the first place?
A couple comments.

Firstly, if Nunes' source is from within the White House, why in the world would he need to brief the President on it? The President already should have had access to information available inside the White House!!!

Second, what I don't understand is what part of this is something that wasn't already known? The NY Times already reported all of this to begin with. That it was becoming clear what was happening and they were trying to receive as much intelligence as possible and legally expand the number of eyes that could see it in order to keep this scandal from being buried. At no point does Nunes claim it was illegal, which would be the whole reason to bring it up in the first place.

More importantly, the information noted was being foreign citizens and did not involve wiretapping Trump's team directly or even indirectly.

It's getting even more bizarre. Nunes met with his source on "incidental collection" on the White House grounds. WTF? I wonder if the same "source" that led Trump to tweet in the first place?
A couple comments.

Firstly, if Nunes' source is from within the White House, why in the world would he need to brief the President on it? The President already should have had access to information available inside the White House!!!

Hence my WTF. My best guess is that it was an attempt to give the impression that Trump had been vindicated before the ACA vote. Nunes claiming that he had new information that he had to brief Trump on would be part of that.

Second, what I don't understand is what part of this is something that wasn't already known? The NY Times already reported all of this to begin with. That it was becoming clear what was happening and they were trying to receive as much intelligence as possible and legally expand the number of eyes that could see it in order to keep this scandal from being buried. At no point does Nunes claim it was illegal, which would be the whole reason to bring it up in the first place.

Did the Times report that Nunes's source was within the White House? I had somehow assumed that it must have come from the FBI or other investigative service. (That was probably because of the big fanfare that Nunes gave it...wouldn't have guessed he would behave like that with something that one of Trump's cronies gave him. Talk about totally demolishing your credibility!) (ETA: OK, to be fair it doesn't say the source was necessarily with the White House, just that he met with the source on White House grounds. But how could both get on White House grounds in a place that is secure enough to hold this conversation if the source wasn't high-up on the White House staff?)

More importantly, the information noted was being foreign citizens and did not involve wiretapping Trump's team directly or even indirectly.

If there was any information being referenced at all. I'm beginning to doubt that.

The article I'm referring to came out a while ago and went through the timeline of the election and how the Russia scandal began becoming noticed. Everything Nunes notes, pretty much coincides with that article that was old news. The only potential new info would have been direct access to the FISA related information (of which when Nunes disclosed some data on those taps, he kind of broke the law via leaking the info).

Nunes complained that it was obvious what Americas were being talked about. So it sounds like the Intelligence recon included gaining information and using gray areas to keep their actions legal to find out just how far the collusion ran, but still technically legal, because spying on Americans through FISA would be against the law, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom