• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump - "We think we can cut regulations by 75 percent, maybe more, but by 75 percent"

I'm just curious how long dismal has been sitting on the Swiss Cheese spec... just waiting for the right thread to slap that thing down. *BAM!!!* 15 pages! Suck it!!!

But who could have guessed the reaction here would be to reflexively rise to the defense of each and every one of our vital federal cheese regulations?

Cue pictures of some exploding shit.

Clearly, you've never meet a cheesemaker if you think those assholes can be trusted further than you can spit without the iron fist of oppressive dictatorship keeping them in line.

But who could have guessed the reaction here would be to reflexively rise to the defense of each and every one of our vital federal cheese regulations?

I don't see anything in there that is arbitrary, invasive, or disruptive. It defines each grade of cheese, something cheese producers would likely want to prevent Trump Swiss from selling its crap cheese as being the same as a Grade A cheese. Equal playing field.

I don't see anything in there that is arbitrary, invasive, or disruptive. It defines each grade of cheese, something cheese producers would likely want to prevent Trump Swiss from selling its crap cheese as being the same as a Grade A cheese. Equal playing field.

That's racist against manufacturers of poor quality cheese. You should be ashamed of yourself. :mad:

That's racist against manufacturers of poor quality cheese. You should be ashamed of yourself. :mad:
Dude, you need to turn the sarcasm meter below 11.

So, what horrors do you imagine would befall us if someone attempted to sell a cheese that was not spreadable at 70 degrees f as "pasteurized Neufchatel cheese spread with ___" , the blank being filled in with the common names of the foods added?

Widespread panic? Exploding tanks? Dogs and cats living together?

And, if so, just to be safe, don't we need a few pages to federally define "spreadable"? Spreadable with what? Spreadable by whom? I mean, a burly guy with the appropriate power tools can spread solid concrete at 70 degrees f.

Most of the shit on that list isn't even cheese by any normal measure. "Process Chees Spread" = another alternative fact.

I mean, a burly guy with the appropriate power tools can spread solid concrete at 70 degrees f.

But thanks to the USDA he can't sell it as pasteurized Neufchatel cheese spread.

Yeah, because federal regulation is all that's standing between you and buying blocks of concrete as pasteurized Neufchatel cheese spread with ___ , the blank being filled in with the common names of the foods added.

I sometimes wonder how you guys experience life to make you think this way. Have you actually ever bought cheese? Bought anything?

Or do you just turn off the part of your brain that deals with the real world when you are on internet discussion forums?

Have you ever been swindled dismal?

Well, I frequently buy a certain kind of Havarti cheese in the grocery store and since there does not appear to be any USDA rule defining what may and may not be called "Havarti cheese" I could be buying thinly sliced concrete.

Well, I frequently buy a certain kind of Havarti cheese in the grocery store and since there does not appear to be any USDA rule defining what may and may not be called "Havarti cheese" I could be buying thinly sliced concrete.

That isn't the question I asked.

How is it not?

Let's recap:

Premise: a federal cheese regulation is necessary to prevent me from being swindled
Fact 1: there is no federal cheese regulation regarding Havarti cheese
Fact 2: I frequently purchase some substance being sold as "Havarti cheese"
Conclusion: I have have been swindled.

QED.

Seems like a pretty solid argument. If you disagree where do you think the argument breaks down?

How is it not?

It's a pretty straightforward open, binary question. Your answer is obvious obfuscation.

Are you afraid to answer the question?

What about this question: Should the government be able to set the amount of acceptable lead levels in drinking water?

How is it not?

It's a pretty straightforward open, binary question. Your answer is obvious obfuscation.

Are you afraid to answer the question?

What about this question: Should the government be able to set the amount of acceptable lead levels in drinking water?

I directly answered the question. See "conclusion" section above.

But is there a rule defining how much rat droppings is allowed in your cheese? Or mercury?

But is there a rule defining how much rat droppings is allowed in your cheese? Or mercury?

So, what are you saying? You believe there is some generalized federal cheese regulation that gives me all the protection I need from the parade of horribles that could befall me when I buy Havarti cheese?

If so, why do we have specific federal cheese rules for all of the following types of cheese?

§ 133.102 - Asiago fresh and asiago soft cheese.
§ 133.103 - Asiago medium cheese.
§ 133.104 - Asiago old cheese.
§ 133.106 - Blue cheese.
§ 133.108 - Brick cheese.
§ 133.109 - Brick cheese for manufacturing.
§ 133.111 - Caciocavallo siciliano cheese.
§ 133.113 - Cheddar cheese.
§ 133.114 - Cheddar cheese for manufacturing.
§ 133.116 - Low sodium cheddar cheese.
§ 133.118 - Colby cheese.
§ 133.119 - Colby cheese for manufacturing.
§ 133.121 - Low sodium colby cheese.
§ 133.123 - Cold-pack and club cheese.
§ 133.124 - Cold-pack cheese food.
§ 133.125 - Cold-pack cheese food with fruits, vegetables, or meats.
§ 133.127 - Cook cheese, koch kaese.
§ 133.128 - Cottage cheese.
§ 133.129 - Dry curd cottage cheese.
§ 133.133 - Cream cheese.
§ 133.134 - Cream cheese with other foods.
§ 133.136 - Washed curd and soaked curd cheese.
§ 133.137 - Washed curd cheese for manufacturing.
§ 133.138 - Edam cheese.
§ 133.140 - Gammelost cheese.
§ 133.141 - Gorgonzola cheese.
§ 133.142 - Gouda cheese.
§ 133.144 - Granular and stirred curd cheese.
§ 133.145 - Granular cheese for manufacturing.
§ 133.146 - Grated cheeses.
§ 133.147 - Grated American cheese food.
§ 133.148 - Hard grating cheeses.
§ 133.149 - Gruyere cheese.
§ 133.150 - Hard cheeses.
§ 133.152 - Limburger cheese.
§ 133.153 - Monterey cheese and monterey jack cheese.
§ 133.154 - High-moisture jack cheese.
§ 133.155 - Mozzarella cheese and scamorza cheese.
§ 133.156 - Low-moisture mozzarella and scamorza cheese.
§ 133.157 - Part-skim mozzarella and scamorza cheese.
§ 133.158 - Low-moisture part-skim mozzarella and scamorza cheese.
§ 133.160 - Muenster and munster cheese.
§ 133.161 - Muenster and munster cheese for manufacturing.
§ 133.162 - Neufchatel cheese.
§ 133.164 - Nuworld cheese.
§ 133.165 - Parmesan and reggiano cheese.
§ 133.167 - Pasteurized blended cheese.
§ 133.168 - Pasteurized blended cheese with fruits, vegetables, or meats.
§ 133.169 - Pasteurized process cheese.
§ 133.170 - Pasteurized process cheese with fruits, vegetables, or meats.
§ 133.171 - Pasteurized process pimento cheese.
§ 133.173 - Pasteurized process cheese food.
§ 133.174 - Pasteurized process cheese food with fruits, vegetables, or meats.
§ 133.175 - Pasteurized cheese spread.
§ 133.176 - Pasteurized cheese spread with fruits, vegetables, or meats.
§ 133.178 - Pasteurized neufchatel cheese spread with other foods.
§ 133.179 - Pasteurized process cheese spread.
§ 133.180 - Pasteurized process cheese spread with fruits, vegetables, or meats.
§ 133.181 - Provolone cheese.
§ 133.182 - Soft ripened cheeses.
§ 133.183 - Romano cheese.
§ 133.184 - Roquefort cheese, sheep's milk blue-mold, and blue-mold cheese from sheep's milk.
§ 133.185 - Samsoe cheese.
§ 133.186 - Sap sago cheese.
§ 133.187 - Semisoft cheeses.
§ 133.188 - Semisoft part-skim cheeses.
§ 133.189 - Skim milk cheese for manufacturing.
§ 133.190 - Spiced cheeses.
§ 133.191 - Part-skim spiced cheeses.
§ 133.193 - Spiced, flavored standardized cheeses.
§ 133.195 - Swiss and emmentaler cheese.
§ 133.196 - Swiss cheese for manufacturing.

Back
Top Bottom