• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Will Likely Win

Reminds me of the second time in my life when I lost the right to marry whom I choose, a ballot proposition having delegalized gay marriage in my state, and all the national newspapers could talk about was how the "Black vote" had fucked things up for us, because in that community, 58% of voters had supported the measure. Wow, 8% of %10, really? It was a blatant diversion, a transparent attempt to both set white gays and straight blacks against one another, and erase the voices of black gay people altogether. I guess we just imagined James Baldwin? Jesus Christ. Clean your own house before hunting around to find some tiny demographic to blame the failures of democracy on.

This election sadly will be very close so every vote is important.
Why? Why is it so close? Is it really because of those evil, evil Palestinians refusing to cast a vote for genocide? Or is it because middle class white males almost to a man are loyal to a fascist demagogue? The writer of those articles has incredibly poor aim.

"Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel!"
Why do you think that it is so close?? Obviously people are not happy with the economy; and the president gets the blame. I think that we’re losing moderates because we’re not fighting hard enough regarding the economy. Most people vote their pocket book first. We should not be ceding away the economy. Trump wants to fight inflation through massive sales taxes on consumers; reduce workers; and higher deficit spending. How the hell will that reduce inflation?!

Why? Why is it so close? Is it really because of those evil, evil Palestinians refusing to cast a vote for genocide? Or is it because middle class white males almost to a man are loyal to a fascist demagogue? The writer of those articles has incredibly poor aim.

Why do you think that it is so close??

Maybe it’s because tens of millions of Americans are blithering and mendacious imbeciles who ADMIRE Trump and wish they could be just like him and get away with it, as he does.

Maybe it’s because tens of millions of Americans are blithering and mendacious imbeciles who ADMIRE Trump and wish they could be just like him and get away with it, as he does.
I don’t disagree!! However we should not cede issues where we can be just as good. Again, how will Trumps plan decrease inflation? I’d love to hear from my buddies who are to my right on this forum how increasing stimulus (budget deficit); fighting labor market; and increasing sales tax will decrease inflation?

I don’t disagree!! However we should not cede issues where we can be just as good. Again, how will Trumps plan decrease inflation? I’d love to hear from my buddies who are to my right on this forum how increasing stimulus (budget deficit); fighting labor market; and increasing sales tax will decrease inflation?
The same way the "Inflation Reduction Act" did. Magic!

I think a lot of the blame lies at the feet of the Democratic Party. When it comes to messaging, they're all thumbs. By almost every accepted indicator, the economy is far better than it was 4 years ago. Yet Trump and the GOP have convinced half of the electorate that things have literally never been worse than they are right now. Yeah, your grandpa had to stand in a bread line during the Depression, but somehow the fact that eggs are $3.99 a dozen is a bigger problem. I get passed on the freeway by $85 thousand dollar trucks with Trump stickers and drivers who complain about gas prices. My cousin - who lives in a McMansion with her rich husband where they have a stable of cars they can take to their lake house - complains constantly about how "regular people" can't afford things anymore.

Nothing that the Democrats have done made even a slight dent in that kind of thinking, while Trump can simply get on stage, say everything is terrible, and his base...along with a lot of independent voters...say "yep, everything is terrible." When you point out that his plan to impose tariffs on everything is a terrible idea, they respond with something like "well, at least it's something different."

In fact, grocery prices are lower now than in 2019. Blaming any president for inflation is also pretty dumb, since presidents have little or no control over rising prices. The inflation we experienced over the past several years was a direct result of the economic dislocations caused by Covid, and of course Trump’s bungled and malevolent handling of the Covid pandemic is at the root of all that. So if you want to blame a president for inflation, look no further than the Orange Monster. Blame him for the untold numbers of deaths from Covid, too.

Why? Why is it so close? Is it really because of those evil, evil Palestinians refusing to cast a vote for genocide?
Certainly in places like Michigan where there are a lot of Muslims and where the vote is incredibly close.
Dearborn "Death to America" crowd may well give the presidency to Trump.

Besides, those evil, evil Palestinians do not have a problem with genocide. They have a problem with Jews not allowing Muslims to genocide them. They have a problem with Jews defending themselves from aggression and massacres.
They had no problem with what happened on 10/7, just with Israel striking Hamas in response. They do not have a problem with Hezbollah launching thousands of rockets at Israel, only with Israel striking Hezbollah back.
They do not have a problem with the Tehran regime arming terrorists, but have a problem with US sending weapons to Israel.
Or is it because middle class white males almost to a man are loyal to a fascist demagogue?
Really? To you, "white males" are the root of all problems, right?
Depends on how the camel is cooked.

I found another article although I'm on my way out in five minutes, so I can't share it now. Young males, both white and minorities said things about Harris, like for example, "I can't have a president who doesn't have a penis" or "A woman isn't going to tell me what to do". WFT is wrong with these men? So yea. Men, brainwashed Trump cult members and stupid people of all genders are the problem. You don't have to love Harris to vote for her and it's not necessary to have a penis to be able to govern.

No, but if a Palestinian wants to vote for an actual pacifist, I can understand why they might. You find it easy to wag your finger, because you've never watched a family member tortured and then burned to death on international television. For a Palestinian, it's a much closer and more emotional thing,
Except that Hamas has been oppressing Gazans for a long time.
Not for nothing was Yahya Sinwar known as the "butcher of Khan Yunis".

Really? To you, "white males" are the root of all problems, right?
The hell? No, these morons aren't voting for Trump because of their genetics, they're voting for Trump because they're neo-fascist and/or evangelical fools who've let themselves be pandered to by a demagogue. Their gender and skin color do not excuse their idiocy and short-sightedness, nor will it protect them from the consequences.

And yet, it's so much easier to point fingers at this one taxi driver, who has no social status and whose vote will be erased by the plurality of his neighbors, than at the privileged fucks in affluent suburbs that actually decide each election.
"Privileged fucks in affluent suburbs" do not have any more votes that that taxi driver. As long as they are in the same state, their votes count the same.

No, but if a Palestinian wants to vote for an actual pacifist, I can understand why they might. You find it easy to wag your finger, because you've never watched a family member tortured and then burned to death on international television. For a Palestinian, it's a much closer and more emotional thing,
Except that Hamas has been oppressing Gazans for a long time.
Not for nothing was Yahya Sinwar known as the "butcher of Khan Yunis".
I wouldn't expect or demand that a Palestinian-American vote Yalwa Sinwar either, were he still alive and running for the American White House.

Bingo.

Democrats will blame literally anyone but themselves for failing to win elections. Jill Stein? Seriously? If the election is close enough that 200 votes for Jill Stein can tip the entire national vote, our problem runs much, MUCH deeper than Jill Stein.

But no. Never mind that damn near half the country voted for the Trump, the "real" problem is minorities. Fucking typical attitude.
More like 120,000 in Georgia alone. More than ten times the number that Biden won by last time.

But yes, our problems do run deeper than Jill Stein. Regardless of why, the election will be too close and every vote for Harris really is existential. We know that now. We didn’t in 2016 and not really in 2020.

The hell? No, these morons aren't voting for Trump because of their genetics, they're voting for Trump because they're neo-fascist and/or evangelical fools who've let themselves be pandered to by a demagogue. Their gender and skin color do not excuse their idiocy and short-sightedness, nor will it protect them from the consequences.
If it isn't about genetics, why are you blaming white men specifically? This is what you wrote.
Or is it because middle class white males almost to a man are loyal to a fascist demagogue?
Emphasis added. Quite racist and sexist.

Back
Top Bottom