• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Will Likely Win

It’s believed that early voting will benefit Harris, and early voting has been way up. In Georgie some 300,000 people voted on the first day of early voting, vs. about 135,000 in that state in both 2016 and 2020.
That was true in the past, but based on what I've read in the AJC etc. Trump has been pushing his cult supporters to vote early, so I'm not sure if early voting is helping Harris or not.

Plus, sadly, a good percentage of young men, including young Black and Latino men are voting for Trump. They are delusional. They think he's real macho.

I read an article that a lot of Americans don't want a female president. It was very depressing to read the insane stereotypes about women. Several said that women get too moody when they are premenstrual. Harris if well past menopause age, so what the fuck has that stupid stereotype do with her. Others said women were too emotional. WTF. Men are too emotional when it comes to violent reactions etc. No, not all men, but if we are going to make stereotypic, I'll take a compassion, caring one over an angry, vengeful one. The article mentions all of th e countries who have had successful female leaders, but apparently, the US remains so sexist that this might prevent Harris from winning. Even women were making these claims. I might share the article if I have the time and motivation to find it again. Sad.

I also read a piece this morning that said Jill Stein might give the election to Trump. Even her family has begged her to step down, but she hates the other two parties and somehow seems to think she can win or doesn't care if her percentage of votes help Trump win. Republicans have been helping Stein because they think that will help Trump, as more liberals will vote for her, as Harris isn't far enough to the left for them.

This is very depressing to me. We will never have a president who pleases everyone and people who can't vote for the better of the two choices piss me off. Or if they are negative, they can refer to it as the lesser of two evils. Damn fools.

We have people posting here that claim Harris is too far left and people also saying she isn't far left enough. Again, there is no reality, only perception.
It’s believed that early voting will benefit Harris, and early voting has been way up. In Georgie some 300,000 people voted on the first day of early voting, vs. about 135,000 in that state in both 2016 and 2020.
That was true in the past, but based on what I've read in the AJC etc. Trump has been pushing his cult supporters to vote early, so I'm not sure if early voting is helping Harris or not.

Plus, sadly, a good percentage of young men, including young Black and Latino men are voting for Trump. They are delusional. They think he's real macho.

I read an article that a lot of Americans don't want a female president. It was very depressing to read the insane stereotypes about women. Several said that women get too moody when they are premenstrual. Harris if well past menopause age, so what the fuck has that stupid stereotype do with her. Others said women were too emotional. WTF. Men are too emotional when it comes to violent reactions etc. No, not all men, but if we are going to make stereotypic, I'll take a compassion, caring one over an angry, vengeful one. The article mentions all of th e countries who have had successful female leaders, but apparently, the US remains so sexist that this might prevent Harris from winning. Even women were making these claims. I might share the article if I have the time and motivation to find it again. Sad.

I also read a piece this morning that said Jill Stein might give the election to Trump. Even her family has begged her to step down, but she hates the other two parties and somehow seems to think she can win or doesn't care if her percentage of votes help Trump win. Republicans have been helping Stein because they think that will help Trump, as more liberals will vote for her, as Harris isn't far enough to the left for them.

This is very depressing to me. We will never have a president who pleases everyone and people who can't vote for the better of the two choices piss me off. Or if they are negative, they can refer to it as the lesser of two evils. Damn fools.

We have people posting here that claim Harris is too far left and people also saying she isn't far left enough. Again, there is no reality, only perception.

I read though that Stein actually draws away more Trump supporters. Not sure how that happens, but I suspect that a few disaffected Republicans will vote third party rather than Harris and the rest of her supporters don’t vote at all. Regardless, the polls show a 1% drop for Trump when she’s in the mix.

I read though that Stein actually draws away more Trump supporters. Not sure how that happens, but I suspect that a few disaffected Republicans will vote third party rather than Harris and the rest of her supporters don’t vote at all. Regardless, the polls show a 1% drop for Trump when she’s in the mix.
I hope that's true but it's not what I read this morning. I found the article I read earlier today. It's probably behind a pay wall, so I'll quote some of it.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/third-...don-kamala-harris/MZNLUJBDAVGRHJCIICLHOJQLSI/

“The idea of witnessing a livestreamed genocide and still awarding a presidential nominee with the presidency is outrageous,” said Awad, a Palestinian American.
For Awad and voters alike, there is no lesser of two evils because their vote hinges on a cease-fire in the yearlong conflict in Gaza, something Stein has vowed to end if elected.

“We are not for Trump, and we are not for Harris,” Awad said. “We are for a better future, and that’s why we support Jill Stein and the Green Party.”

Stein landed a spot on Georgia’s ballot by way of a new state provision after facing Democratic-backed legal action to bar her and two other minor presidential candidates from the state ticket under the belief they could siphon votes away from Harris in a close election. However, the Supreme Court of Georgia disqualified the two other long-shot candidates — Cornel West and Claudia De la Cruz — last month.

That’s why, with polls showing Trump and Harris neck and neck, Democrats are pushing a new message in the few remaining weeks of the race to shore up support from third-party voters: A vote for Stein is a vote for Trump.

Stein won’t win this year’s race, but she could play a role in deciding who takes Georgia’s 16 electoral votes. The Democratic National Committee wants to avoid a repeat of the 2016 election, when Stein was accused of contributing to Hillary Rodham Clinton’s loss to Trump in some swing states. This year, the DNC is telling supporters of the far-left candidate that Trump is not an option in the close race to the White House.

“We’re reminding voters that Jill Stein delivered the White House for Trump in 2016, she doesn’t regret it and she wants to do it again,” said Adrienne Watson, a spokeswoman for the DNC. “And this time, Trump and Republicans are propping her up. That’s what is so disturbing and why we are being so proactive to tell voters what the risks are, how close the election is and that their vote counts.”

I"ve read some other, older articles about how she is or may be pulling votes away from Harris in other swing states.

Reactions: SLD
Democrats will blame literally anyone but themselves for failing to win elections. Jill Stein? Seriously? If the election is close enough that 200 votes for Jill Stein can tip the entire national vote, our problem runs much, MUCH deeper than Jill Stein.

But no. Never mind that damn near half the country voted for the Trump, the "real" problem is minorities. Fucking typical attitude.

Democrats will blame literally anyone but themselves for failing to win elections. Jill Stein? Seriously? If the election is close enough that 200 votes for Jill Stein can tip the entire national vote, our problem runs much, MUCH deeper than Jill Stein.

But no. Never mind that damn near half the country voted for the Trump, the "real" problem is minorities. Fucking typical attitude.
Nobody ever said that, but it is pretty sad that an increased percentage of minority males would vote for Trump because they think he's macho and/or because they are sexist, when Trump is obviously a hateful racist. Low information voters for sure. It's some of the younger minority men, not the older ones. They have more sense.

It is also pretty disgusting that the MAGA Republican leaders are helping Stein in order to peal votes away from Harris. Too bad people are so easily manipulated when we have two choices for president, whether you like it or not.

This election sadly will be very close so every vote is important. And, people who will vote for Stein because of Israel or because Harris isn't liberal enough are fucking idiots. They are like the Bernie Bros who supported Trump in 2016 to teach the Dems a lesson. How did that work out? Trump will be much worse when it comes to Israel and pretty much everything else, and the asshole Nettie wants Trump to win. Nettie is as bad as Putin. WTF do you think we can do to stop either of those two?

This election sadly will be very close so every vote is important.
Why? Why is it so close? Is it really because of those evil, evil Palestinians refusing to cast a vote for genocide? Or is it because middle class white males almost to a man are loyal to a fascist demagogue? The writer of those articles has incredibly poor aim.

"Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel!"

A friend had a Haitian-American Uber driver the other day who told him that he was voting for Trump because Trump is “a father figure to us.” I think I give up. :confused2:

Why? Why is it so close? Is it really because of those evil, evil Palestinians refusing to cast a vote for genocide? Or is it because middle class white males almost to a man are loyal to a fascist demagogue? The writer of those articles has incredibly poor aim.

So Trump, who has talked about the value of Gaza real estate, and his moron son, who has openly talked about cleaning out the area of the riff-raff (residents) of Gaza and building luxury waterfront condos for the rich or some such, is a better choice for those Palestinians that Harris, who is not even president and has no actual say over Biden’s policy? Right. :rolleyes2:

A friend had a Haitian-American Uber driver the other day who told him that he was voting for Trump because Trump is “a father figure to us.” I think I give up. :confused2:
If every single Haitian in the country eligible to do so voted for Trump, that would hand him... let's see... one third of 1% of the vote. Where will the rest of his support come from, I wonder?

If every single Haitian in the country eligible to do so voted for Trump, that would hand him... let's see... one third of 1% of the vote. Where will the rest of his support come from, I wonder?
Which is entirely not my point, of course.

So Trump, who has talked about the value of Gaza real estate, and his moron son, who has openly talked about cleaning out the area of the riff-raff (residents) of Gaza and building luxury waterfront condos for the rich or some such, is a better choice for those Palestinians that Harris, who is not even president and has no actual say over Biden’s policy? Right. :rolleyes2:
No, but if a Palestinian wants to vote for an actual pacifist, I can understand why they might. You find it easy to wag your finger, because you've never watched a family member tortured and then burned to death on international television. For a Palestinian, it's a much closer and more emotional thing, and if losing their vote isn't worth it to you, don't go to war. Grown-ups know that decisions have consequences. Waging genocidal war against a despised racial group is very likely to cost you some votes within that demographic, fucking duh. What incredibly obvious thing do you need explained to you next, that going swimmming might make you wet? That playing with matches might cause a structural fire? That having sex might mean having to change a diaper later?

And yet, it's so much easier to point fingers at this one taxi driver, who has no social status and whose vote will be erased by the plurality of his neighbors, than at the privileged fucks in affluent suburbs that actually decide each election.

No, but if a Palestinian wants to vote for an actual pacifist, I can understand why they might. You find it easy to wag your finger, because you've never watched a family member burn to death on international television. For a Palestinian, it's a much closer and more emotional thing, and if losing their vote isn't worth it to you, don't go to war. Grown-ups know that decisions have consequences. Waging genocidal war against a despised racial group is very likely to cost you some votes within that demographic, fucking duh. What incredibly obvious thing do you need explained to you next, that going swimmming might make you wet? That playing with matches might cause a structural fire? That having sex might mean having to change a diaper later?
What incredibly obvious thing do you need explained to you next, that Biden did not attack Gaza and Harris is not the president and has no say over his policy anyway? That Trump would be MUCH WORSE for the Palestinians, and would likely let Netanyahu go ahead and starve all two million of its residents, as one top Israeli government official said would be “moral” to do? Duh!

And yet, it's so much easier to point fingers at this one taxi driver, who has no social status and whose vote will be erased by the plurality of his neighbors, than at the privileged fucks in affluent suburbs that actually decide each election.

And I am not pointing any finger at this Uber driver. Once again, the point has whooooooshed over your head.

No, but if a Palestinian wants to vote for an actual pacifist, I can understand why they might. You find it easy to wag your finger, because you've never watched a family member burn to death on international television. For a Palestinian, it's a much closer and more emotional thing, and if losing their vote isn't worth it to you, don't go to war. Grown-ups know that decisions have consequences. Waging genocidal war against a despised racial group is very likely to cost you some votes within that demographic, fucking duh. What incredibly obvious thing do you need explained to you next, that going swimmming might make you wet? That playing with matches might cause a structural fire? That having sex might mean having to change a diaper later?
What incredibly obvious thing do you need explained to you next, that Biden did not attack Gaza and Harris is not the president and has no say over his policy anyway? That Trump would be MUCH WORSE for the Palestinians, and would likely let Netanyahu go ahead and starve all two million of its residents, as one top Israeli government official said would be “moral” to do? Duh!
You're living in a fantasy land where it is possible to slaughter someone's family in front of them and then mansplain to them why still they "owe" you a vote, and that just is not the planet we live on. Most Palestianian Americans will, in fact, still vote for Biden/Harris. But not all of them will. Of course not all of them will. Imagining that this would ever have not been the case is stupid as hell. And scapegoating them as the cause of Harris' loss instead of asking why more than half of the US States are about to vote for a dictator is just crass. Revictimizing a victim for no other reason than that it is cheap and easy to attack someone who you know can't slap back.

If the country re-elects Trump whatever happens is on the general voter that enabled it to happen. You will suffer the consequences

The problem is that the average American citizen is to stupid to learn from any mistakes.

People are going to vote their values. Okay let them. Then when they get it in the butt through bad laws and bad decisions made based off appeasing those values those voters will have to learn their values are false, only work sometimes in some situations, or keep getting it in the butt.

Evangelicals are dangerous, or at least many of their leaders wanting a theocracy. If they gain power if you read their literature they are not for freedom of religion. They would not mind using law against Christian groups that teach what they believe is false doctrine in order to silence them. Most evangelicals in America believe you are saved in Jesus when you believe in him to do so. Most Christians by far in the rest of the world believe you are saved when baptized. This is rank heresy in evangelical eyes and puts the Catholic, Orthodox, and Church of Christ in the bullseye. This does not mention Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims, Jews ect. People need to think all this through. Evangelical leaders are going to be power hungry and try to force their views on everyone else if they think they could and get away with it. And they don't care about democracy or think they have to care about anyone's opinion.

I show the Seven Swing States™ (and two other states), along with latest poll averages as shown at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/wisconsin/ . The final number shown on each line is #EVs÷5. The five poll numbers shown for each state are the weighted averages as of Sept 28, Oct 8, Oct 12, Oct 16 Oct 20. AtlasIntel has reported its recent (and discouraging) polls. This is reflected in the fivethirtyeight averages. The Red-ward lurch was especially sharp in Pennsylvania.

Minnesota +6 +6 +6 +5.8 +5.7 . . . . . . . . .// 2

Michigan +3 +1.6 +0.7 +0.7 +0.2 . . . . . . . // 3
Wisconsin +2 +1.5 +0.6 +0.5 +0.2 . . . . . . // 2
Pennsylvania +1 +0.6 +0.3 +0.7 -0.4 . . . . // 4
Nevada +1 +1+0.5 +0.7 +0.5. . . . . . . . . // 1
North Carolina 0 -1 -0.9 -0.9 -0.5 . . . . . // 3
Georgia -1 -1 -0.9 -0.9 -1.8 . . . . . . . . // 3
Arizona -1 -1.5 -1.4 -1.7 -1.9 . . . . . . . // 2

Florida -4 -4 -5 -5.1 -5.5 . . . . . . . . . // 6

Nobody ever said that, but it is pretty sad that an increased percentage of minority males would vote for Trump because they think he's macho and/or because they are sexist, when Trump is obviously a hateful racist. Low information voters for sure. It's some of the younger minority men, not the older ones. They have more sense.

It is also pretty disgusting that the MAGA Republican leaders are helping Stein in order to peal votes away from Harris. Too bad people are so easily manipulated when we have two choices for president, whether you like it or not.

This election sadly will be very close so every vote is important. And, people who will vote for Stein because of Israel or because Harris isn't liberal enough are fucking idiots. They are like the Bernie Bros who supported Trump in 2016 to teach the Dems a lesson. How did that work out? Trump will be much worse when it comes to Israel and pretty much everything else, and the asshole Nettie wants Trump to win. Nettie is as bad as Putin. WTF do you think we can do to stop either of those two?
With regard to why men are moving out drifting away from the Democrat party, is it really such a mystery? I don't think its so much that they love Trump (although that's certainly the case for some), but they are routinely dismissed and insulted by those on the left. Check the progressive lefty ladies on The View recently:

A question I hear a lot here and elsewhere about male, working class Trump voters, is (paraphrasing) "Why would they vote for Trump? Don't they know he hates them and is just in it for himself?" Well, its not like the alternative is rolling out the red carpet for them.

If the country re-elects Trump whatever happens is on the general voter that enabled it to happen. You will suffer the consequences
I’m fine with that. I’ll take my chances with Trump rather than clueless, cackling unburdened Harris.

You're living in a fantasy land where it is possible to slaughter someone's family in front of them and then mansplain to them why still they "owe" you a vote, and that just is not the planet we live on.

You live in a fantasy land where you think Kamala Harris slaughtered someone’s family in front of them and then are something-splaining to me why I think anyone “owes” Harris a vote, where I never said, and do not think, anything of the sort. That just is not the planet we live on.
Most Palestianian Americans will, in fact, still vote for Biden/Harris. But not all of them will. Of course not all of them will. Imagining that this would ever have not been the case is stupid as hell.
And what is the name of the imaginary strawman you have constructed in my name in which you think that I expect that ALL Palestinian-Americans will vote for Harris, or that ANY of the “owe” her their vote? :unsure:
And scapegoating them as the cause of Harris' loss instead of asking why more than half of the US States are about to vote for a dictator is just crass.

First, it is impossible to scapegoat them for Harris’s loss, since the election has not been held. Second, if Harris loses, I certainly will not “scapegoat” them for anything at all.
Revictimizing a victim for no other reason than that it is cheap and easy to attack someone who you know can't slap back.
Accusing someone of “revictimizing” a victim who has done no such thing is cheap and easy and just crass, though I can and I do slap back. Stuff your preening sanctimony.

Back
Top Bottom