• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Veep Bets

Tulsi Gabbard would help pull Hawaii which is already a strong Democratic state. Other than that, she was basically a non-entity in the primaries which means she would add little to the Biden ticket.

Tulsi Gabbard would help pull Hawaii which is already a strong Democratic state. Other than that, she was basically a non-entity in the primaries which means she would add little to the Biden ticket.
She had only one issue that she had much interest in: stopping military adventures in distant lands. She preferred to avoid every other issue.

That is not very good leadership. Voters will want to know what she'd do about healthcare or climate-change action or public-health action or numerous other issues.

Harris - her record as a prosecutor hurting minorities is what got her campaign to fall apart.
Abrams - you would favor a fan of Ayn Rand?
EB - so well known I can't tell who you are referring to.

I like Abrams. You need to study her further if you think that she's a fan of Ayn Rand. She's far more complex. EB (Elizabeth Klobuchar) is very sharp and would appeal to that very difficult to attain white vote in central America.

She had only one issue that she had much interest in: stopping military adventures in distant lands. She preferred to avoid every other issue.

That is not very good leadership. Voters will want to know what she'd do about healthcare or climate-change action or public-health action or numerous other issues.

Holy Crap. So you also have fallen under the spell of HRC. Clearly anyone opposing Tulsi is under her sway!

Harris - her record as a prosecutor hurting minorities is what got her campaign to fall apart.

I like Abrams. You need to study her further if you think that she's a fan of Ayn Rand. She's far more complex. EB (Elizabeth Klobuchar) is very sharp and would appeal to that very difficult to attain white vote in central America.

It's Amy Klobuchar.

Yes, I like her as well. Politically, she's more in line with Biden than Warren. She's smart and hard working. She also attracts an inordinate number of trolls on her every facebook or twitter post. It's really disturbing.

He was probably thinking of Elizabeth Berkley, who would make a terrific VP.

If you think she is NOT a fan of Ayn Rand, you need to investigate farther. Like reading the article I shared where she said so. In her own words.

Of course I think it would be very entertaining watching the Democrats twist themselves in pretzels trying to excuse it.

If you think she is NOT a fan of Ayn Rand, you need to investigate farther. Like reading the article I shared where she said so. In her own words.

Of course I think it would be very entertaining watching the Democrats twist themselves in pretzels trying to excuse it.

It's certainly possible that she likes the writing style or she enjoyed reading "Atlas Shrugged". Stacey has written many fiction books while attending college, so I can imagine that she is a fan of interesting fiction.

But, since I live in Georgia and I am very familiar with her politics, I can promise you that Stacey isn't a fan of Rand's political views. Maybe when she was a kid, but now now. She was the minority leader of the Georgia House for 10 years. I voted for her in 2018. I am well aware of where she stands on the issues. She's a pragmatic progressive, not an objectivist or Libertarian. Good grief! Are you trying to be amusing, get attention or what? You are certainly bright enough to understand that Stacey is a progressive. So no worries about supporting a brilliant woman who is well read, well educated and personable.

Anti-War and Anti-Clinton (but I repeat myself) is so Anti-Feminist.

I feel like I'm probably missing a reference to some prior argument here. I'm not seeing those three things as being equivalent.
You are missing nothing. They are not equivalent. Nor is it a reality-based logical argument since anti-Feminist does not imply anti-War or anti-Clinton. Of course, someone could make the definition of anti-Feminist to be anti-War and anti-Clinton, but why would anyone wish to go down that rabbit hole?

If you think she is NOT a fan of Ayn Rand, you need to investigate farther.

Meh - why bother? She's a DINO.
That's her asset and her liability. So what? :shrug:

Why do you say she's a dino? She's pro-choice, pro environment, wants to expand programs to help the poor, increase safety net, wants to move the courts to the left, wants to empower voters, and etc. She's a typical southern democrat. She's a democrat.

I feel like I'm probably missing a reference to some prior argument here. I'm not seeing those three things as being equivalent.

The right and some on the left believe that HRC was born from Genghis Khan; and is a great conqueror and smiter of nations.

Stacey Abrams
Instead of inexperienced and untested former state rep Abrams, why not Congresswoman Val Demings if you want a black Southern woman?
Florida is a swing state, unlike Georgia, and Val Demings is much more experienced with her being police chief of Orlando and a US Congresswoman.
Expanding to officially white women, this gives us
Elizabeth Warren
She is from North East though. Also, she is way too old.

Abrams has deep and impressive experience in executive positions. She has far more experience than Trump. Her background:

Co-Owner/Senior Vice President, NOW Account Network Corporation, 2010-present

Co-Owner/Chief Operations Officer, Nourish, Incorporated, 2007-present

Chief Executive Officer, Sage Works, Limited Liability Company, 2003-present

Author/Writer, SelenaMontgomery, 2001-present

Former Teacher, Spelman College and Yale University

Chief Operating Officer, Insomnia Group, Limited Liability Company, 2007-2010

Deputy City Attorney, City of Atlanta Law Department, 2003-2006

Special Counsel, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan Limited Liability Partnership, 1999-2003

Yeah, I'm not saying Tulsi should be the veep. I'm just reminding people what made Klobuchar drop out, and it was when Tulsi demolished her on the issue of race.

What you're missing is that I was addressing that to Toni. She's the one who puts everything she sees as good on the side of Feminism and everything she sees as bad on the side of Anti-Feminism. Since Hillary ran on the platform of "I'm a woman, I'm a feminist", Toni has to support her. Since Tulsi stood up to Hillary, she stood up to someone Toni supports, so therefore Tulsi must be anti-feminist.

Also, the biggest issue that separates Tulsi and Hillary is war, so let's throw that in as well.

Tulsi is a successful woman on her own merits, unlike Hillary, and feminists aren't very fond of that kind of woman.

But, since I live in Georgia and I am very familiar with her politics, I can promise you that Stacey isn't a fan of Rand's political views. Maybe when she was a kid, but now now. She was the minority leader of the Georgia House for 10 years. I voted for her in 2018. I am well aware of where she stands on the issues. She's a pragmatic progressive, not an objectivist or Libertarian. Good grief! Are you trying to be amusing, get attention or what? You are certainly bright enough to understand that Stacey is a progressive. So no worries about supporting a brilliant woman who is well read, well educated and personable.

Interesting. So when Paul Ryan acts in ways completely contrary but says he's a fan, it is proof he's a libertarian or objectivist. But when Stacey Abrams acts in ways completely contrary but says she's a fan, it is proof she is NOT a libertarian or objectivist. But what is Talk Freethought without a few double standards.

The right and some on the left believe that HRC was born from Genghis Khan; and is a great conqueror and smiter of nations.
Why? I can see the stoutness about the tum, but does she also have a predilection for little fur hats?

I agree that Tulsi is not a good candidate for Veep, but her being a non-entity in the primaries really doesn't enter into it. After all, Biden wasn't an entity in the 2008 primaries. He only got 1% in Iowa and dropped out a day later.

Back
Top Bottom