• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

My weight has been creeping up as I have been indulging in my weaknesses- soft fresh white bread, custard tarts etc. so today it’s back to basics.

For fruit break, it will be a banana. First lunch is a pastrami beef (40g) sandwich on my soft white bread, second lunch will be a grapefruit. Dinner tonight will be a serving of fish fillets baked in the oven, and tomato and cucumber on crackers. Maybe ice cream (low fat) if there is room in my calorie count. I am planning on around 5000kj, or roughly 1200 calories.
That's gonna be tough to meet but it is definitely doable. Good luck.

I have been trying to maintain not more than 1800 per day and that is hard. If I can stay away from the fridge until dinner time, 4:30 or so, I usually make it.

I guess we are having a ham. My wife makes a huge secular deal out of Easter. My parents gave up the Easter basked then I was still a kid. Making a big deal out of Easter odd to me but since it's religion-free, I don't mind.
That's kinda funny, a "religion-free Easter." But I like.

Hot dogs, baked beans and Fritos. Mmm.
It'd be even better if it wasn't 39 degrees!

Loaded beans……

Tinned tomatoes, white beans 4 bean mix, faglioli beans, onion, mushrooms, chilli, garlic, ham hock meat and chorizo - all in the slow cooker on high for around 5 hours.

I guess we are having a ham. My wife makes a huge secular deal out of Easter. My parents gave up the Easter basked then I was still a kid. Making a big deal out of Easter odd to me but since it's religion-free, I don't mind.
That's kinda funny, a "religion-free Easter." But I like.
Celebrating spring (and midwinter) was a thing long before the Christians existed, and co-opted those celebrations for Easter (and Christmas).

Even in a post agricultural society, marking these seasonal events has a solid secular basis.

Just polished off 7 Jack-In-The-Box tacos. I ordered only 6, but for some reason they gave me 7. Maybe the girl behind the counter thinks I'm cute! :embarassed:

Not a bad deal. Only cost me $5.53. I say, "Line 'em up!"

Just polished off 7 Jack-In-The-Box tacos. I ordered only 6, but for some reason they gave me 7. Maybe the girl behind the counter thinks I'm cute! :embarassed:

Not a bad deal. Only cost me $5.53. I say, "Line 'em up!"
Blonde?
:) Nah. I'm probably 40 years older than her. A guy can dream once in a while though, can't he?!

Chicken Kiev with pre-boiled potatoes and carrots, halved, with halved mushrooms, roasted in the oven with Parmesan and cheddar cheese on top.

and maybe some cheesy garlic bread.

An update (mainly for @gmbteach). I ran in guns blazing thinking I was going to learn some Indian cooking this year. But most of the dishes are too spicy for our boys, and too complicated to make alongside a separate meal. I've made a few egg and dal dishes, but that's pretty much it.

Contrast that to before we had 2 kids and I was doing a lot of interesting cooking.

Back
Top Bottom