• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White mass killer just had a bad day

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
We've all been there. You wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or just have a bunch of sequential things burn you, and you are now not in the greatest state of mind. Quite ready to snap at someone for saying something innocuous like "ABACAB is Genesis's best album". Bad days are a part of life. Like when a Police Spokesperson notes the stone cold murderer of 8 people had a "bad day" which led to the senseless killings of 8 people and additional shooting victims (I wonder if he thought the victims had a bad day too?). That was likely the start of that Spokesperson's bad day the following day.

link

article said:
A photo allegedly posted by Capt. Jay Baker, a public information officer at the Cherokee County, Georgia, Sheriff's Office, shows shirts with a racist and anti-Asian message about Covid-19.

"Covid 19 imported virus from Chy-na," the racist shirt in the photo posted April 2, 2020, reads.

"Love my shirt," the photo caption of the shirt reads. It goes on to encourage others to buy their own shirts saying, "get yours while they last." CNN reached out to the store selling the shirts, but did not immediately receive a response.
I'm not certain just how bigoted one must be to wear apparel regarding a pandemic, or possibly being just grossfully partisan is enough. I suppose the good news is the pandemic hadn't claimed 500,000 plus lives yet.

But this might help explain a spokesperson could potentially have a brain that would suggest saying a mass murdering person "had a bad day". Hopefully the spokesperson isn't armed, because we know what he thinks people having bad days are often to do.

Not to mention he could buy a gun in the morning and go on a killing spree in the afternoon.

But heaven forbid giving people free and easy access to vote.

The spokesman was simply quoting what the killer said. That’s obvious from the video. CNN is garbage.

Buying firearms in the UK is somewhat different from buying them in the US.

On holiday in Florida, I and my wife were taken by our hosts to a vast out-door market in the middle of nowhere, and I was interested to see, on my left a stall selling Bibles and other religious paraphernalia (books, pamphlets, magazines, CDs and so on) and immediately opposite, a stall with enough rifles and pistols on display to arm a rebel army.

The stall holder told me he'd sell me any gun I wanted if I could show him my driver's licence.
I ought to have asked him if a UK driver's licence would suffice, but didn't think of it.

In the 60s, acquiring a .22 rifle here in the UK was easier than it is today.
Aged 19, I was living in a country rectory - my father, a pastor, being rector of two small parishes - and our vegetables were ravaged by rabbits and pigeons.

Seeing a small, single-shot bolt-action BSA .22 rifle on sale in a near-by town, I was told by the proprietor I'd need a fire-arm permit in order to purchase it. So I applied for one, and the rectory was duly visited by a police constable.
I pointed out the vegetable garden which was being raided (it extended for about 40 yards, or a little over 36 meters) and slopped down to a beck, a farmer's field on the rising ground beyond.
The constable seemed to think this was a suitable shooting range, but then noticed two gas holders on the horizon, about a mile away.
"A .22 would put a hole in them," he said, and I was astonished.
Really?

The officer considered the matter for a moment or two, then said "They're over the county border" (policed by the Essex constabulary, whereas I lived in Hertfordshire - pronounced Hartfordshire - policed by the Hertfordshire constabulary)
Was that relevant? I wondered.

Apparently it was.
He said "I won't mention it in my report," for which I thanked him, and several days later my permit arrived in the post.

Not to mention he could buy a gun in the morning and go on a killing spree in the afternoon.

I hadn't heard about him buying the gun that day. It is ridiculous. These people will go to the mat for 2nd Amendment rights, but when it comes to voting, those rights apparently aren't as important.

I read that the guy thought he had a sex addiction. Since he had a severe case of being religious, the notion of "sex addiction" could be a fundy's misunderstanding of his sexuality. The fundy church/school I went to told the adolescent boys that premarital sex and masturbation were sins and all sexual fantasies are fornication. Some male brains blame females for their own so-called "sins".

I hadn't heard about him buying the gun that day. It is ridiculous. These people will go to the mat for 2nd Amendment rights, but when it comes to voting, those rights apparently aren't as important.

Don't worry, if people aren't afforded their fifteenth and nineteenth amendment rights to vote, they always have the option of voting via their second amendment rights...

The spokesman was simply quoting what the killer said. That’s obvious from the video. CNN is garbage.

Your posts are garbage.

View attachment 32385
if the quote on the left is accurate then yes I can see how it can be interpreted as him paraphrasing what the killer thought and not he himself thinking the killer had a bad day.

Oftentimes the media are looking for a controversial sound bite.

Looking at the interview, I agree that he was describing, not endorsing, the killer's mindset. Indeed, if he had reported that the suspect confessed to a racialized motive and it later surfaced that they hadn't, it could actually jeopardize a future hate crime conviction. This is not a good time to be misquoting the results of interrogation, especially in the direction of trying to make the defendant look more guilty than they are. It shouldn't be hard to convict this one, but it matters how police handle and discuss evidence, especially in public statements.

This is true independent of other evidence as to this police chief's persepctive on race, which does look quite damning, but is a separate issue.

My criticism isn't simply about the "bad day" part. The Bernie Sanders supporter who nearly massacred the GOP at a baseball practice was suffering from a nervous breakdown. That sounds a bit different than having a "bad day". Had a black guy killed eight people in cold blood, the term "bad day" most likely wouldn't have been used by police.

It comes off as 'he isn't a psychopath, he just had a bad day'. That he drove a good distance to target Asian Massage parlors implies that this wasn't simply an act of a person having a bad day. It was premeditated.

Regardless, time will tell if this was a religiously indoctrinated attack, where this guy was beaten over the head to believe that sexual desire was sin and the normal things he was experiencing was actually the devil trying to ruin him... and he had his "bad day", murdering the people he thought were going to ruin him spiritually.

Looking at the interview, I agree that he was describing, not endorsing, the killer's mindset. Indeed, if he had reported that the suspect confessed to a racialized motive and it later surfaced that they hadn't, it could actually jeopardize a future hate crime conviction. This is not a good time to be misquoting the results of interrogation, especially in the direction of trying to make the defendant look more guilty than they are. It shouldn't be hard to convict this one, but it matters how police handle and discuss evidence, especially in public statements.

This is true independent of other evidence as to this police chief's persepctive on race, which does look quite damning, but is a separate issue.

I didn't see where the good Captain said "the suspect told me he was just having a bad day".
If that's the case, I apologize, because the mere fact that the Captain is a Trumsucking racist should enter into the matter. .

I didn't see where the good Captain said "the suspect told me he was just having a bad day".
If that's the case, I apologize, because the mere fact that the Captain is a Trumsucking racist should enter into the matter. .

The question he was replying to was about what the suspect had said, not the police's opinion of the suspect.

I read that the guy thought he had a sex addiction. Since he had a severe case of being religious, the notion of "sex addiction" could be a fundy's misunderstanding of his sexuality. The fundy church/school I went to told the adolescent boys that premarital sex and masturbation were sins and all sexual fantasies are fornication. Some male brains blame females for their own so-called "sins".

So we have another mind wrecked by religion.

Can his victims sue the church?

No need to fault religion. Plenty of serial killers also had sex angst.

No need to fault religion.

Who is speaking of need? If religion was a factor in THIS set of murders, it was a factor in murders.
Are you saying that the godliness that religions inspire in the rest of the uber-religious more than offsets its culpability for whatever murders it inspires or causes?

Who is speaking of need? If religion was a factor in THIS set of murders, it was a factor in murders.
Are you saying that the godliness that religions inspire in the rest of the uber-religious more than offsets its culpability for whatever murders it inspires or causes?

I’m saying sexual angst is a better explanation. See: Bundy, Gacy, et cetera.

I’m saying sexual angst is a better explanation. See: Bundy, Gacy, et cetera.

But how much of the sexual angst is due to the perversions of the church?

I've noticed that.

Reactions: WAB
Back
Top Bottom