• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who will be next out of Trump's kakistocracy?

Next to go?

• [STRIKE]H. R. McMaster[/STRIKE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [STRIKE]James Mattis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ryan Zinke[/STRIKE]

• Sonny Perdue

• Alex Acosta

• [STRIKE]Tom Price[/STRIKE]

• Ben Carson

• Elaine Chao

• Dan Coats

• [STRIKE]Nikki Haley[/STRIKE]

• Mick Mulvaney

• [STRIKE]Scott Pruitt[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Dina Powell[/STRIKE]

• Chris Liddell

• [STRIKE]George Sifakis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ricky Waddell[/STRIKE]

• Ivanka Trump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The US currently doesn't appear to have a President.
I thought it was whoever was the last one to get Trump's attention before he went on-air...
It seems a bit like Franken's Why Not Me, except the people quitting aren't going to the press to end this misery. Also, the President seems to be more secluded and taking orders from the television.

Trump is mentally disturbed to the point of being delusional. The delusions keep getting worse. Until those in power on both side of the aisle decide that the country is more important than their power, we're pretty much fucked.

Trump is mentally disturbed to the point of being delusional. The delusions keep getting worse. Until those in power on both side of the aisle decide that the country is more important than their power, we're pretty much fucked.

Expect worse to come. Trump is demonstrating what is called "extinction burst." (My apologies if you're already familiar with this.) When a malignant narcissist is cornered or held accountable or faces embarrassment, they will ramp up all their usual defense mechanisms (the "burst") but the mechanisms will go "extinct" when they no longer work and they'll turn to even crazier shit.

Expect worse to come. Trump is demonstrating what is called "extinction burst." (My apologies if you're already familiar with this.) When a malignant narcissist is cornered or held accountable or faces embarrassment, they will ramp up all their usual defense mechanisms (the "burst") but the mechanisms will go "extinct" when they no longer work and they'll turn to even crazier shit.

Yikes. Unless the republicans act it’s going to get worse.

Yikes. Unless the republicans act it’s going to get worse.

Shame on those malignant zealots for not doing something two years ago. They knew then what Trump is. Oh, a few thought he was great, but the majority knew exactly what he is. But he was their ticket to fulfilling their legislative agenda, so they knowingly went along with an unstable, unaware psychopath for their own gain.

Not in the pool, but an honourable mention:

The US envoy to the global coalition fighting the Islamic State group has resigned in protest over Donald Trump's abrupt decision to withdraw US troops from Syria, joining Defence Secretary Jim Mattis in an administration exodus of experienced national security figures.

Sounds very ominous in the hands of someone with their finger on the nuclear button.

Sounds very ominous in the hands of someone with their finger on the nuclear button.

Ya think?

I worry less and less about the button each month.

Military support for #FatNixon has been going down for two years, and from the top down. There are actually a couple of people between him and The Button. HE will say 'Nuke the Chinese!' And their job is to ask, 'which attack option do you mean: a precision strike, a limited exchange, the full monty, or do you want the dim sum from lunch?'
He hasn't paid enough attention to his briefings to give an intelligible answer.

These are the generals/admirals who would be brought up at the next Nuremberg. They will probably not say, 'no, Donald, you cannot have nukes,' even after Mattis' resignation, but at least one us on record already, saying he gas to ask 'what are you trying to accomplish?' And stopping him from anything illegal.

I suspect they will also play out the clock. Because any launch of nukes, even test shots, has to be communicated clearly to everyone else so they don't think we're shooting at them, so they don't react...poorly. i really expect part of the process to press the button will include, 'okay, sir, have you called Great Britain? Sir, we have to call Great Britain. Yes,sir, have to. Okay, you call them. '
Then, 'okay, now did you call France? Yes,sir, we HAVE to. Same reason.'
'Russia? Gosh, yes, there are a lot of people on the list, aren't there? You wanna take a break before we call India?'

I worry less and less about the button each month.

Military support for #FatNixon has been going down for two years, and from the top down. There are actually a couple of people between him and The Button. HE will say 'Nuke the Chinese!' And their job is to ask, 'which attack option do you mean: a precision strike, a limited exchange, the full monty, or do you want the dim sum from lunch?'
He hasn't paid enough attention to his briefings to give an intelligible answer.

These are the generals/admirals who would be brought up at the next Nuremberg. They will probably not say, 'no, Donald, you cannot have nukes,' even after Mattis' resignation, but at least one us on record already, saying he gas to ask 'what are you trying to accomplish?' And stopping him from anything illegal.

I suspect they will also play out the clock. Because any launch of nukes, even test shots, has to be communicated clearly to everyone else so they don't think we're shooting at them, so they don't react...poorly. i really expect part of the process to press the button will include, 'okay, sir, have you called Great Britain? Sir, we have to call Great Britain. Yes,sir, have to. Okay, you call them. '
Then, 'okay, now did you call France? Yes,sir, we HAVE to. Same reason.'
'Russia? Gosh, yes, there are a lot of people on the list, aren't there? You wanna take a break before we call India?'

Yes and no. A launch order from out of the blue would certainly be refused. I'm more worried about him maneuvering America into a hole from which a launch order isn't totally insane.

Yes and no. A launch order from out of the blue would certainly be refused. I'm more worried about him maneuvering America into a hole from which a launch order isn't totally insane.
But the whole POINT of the nuclear option is that it is totally insane to be the first to shoot.

He alone could not maneuver us to that point.

If Trump ordered a nuclear strike, would he be dragged out of the oval office and sedated?
No, more like Weekend at Bernie's. Sedated IN the Oval Office, propped up in the chair, rallies cancelled, press reports about how he has dedicated his time to affairs of state, legislation introduced and 'signed.'

Historians to call it his Statesman phase.

Not in the pool, but an honourable mention:

The US envoy to the global coalition fighting the Islamic State group has resigned in protest over Donald Trump's abrupt decision to withdraw US troops from Syria, joining Defence Secretary Jim Mattis in an administration exodus of experienced national security figures.

And SCROTUS claims to not know him. Because he was an Obama appointee. Naturally.

Wonder if Mnuchin is next?
Your only job was to reassure the market and bring back the economy. You frightened investors, tanked the numbers... Do you maybe need to spend a little time with your family?

Wonder if Mnuchin is next?
Your only job was to reassure the market and bring back the economy. You frightened investors, tanked the numbers... Do you maybe need to spend a little time with your family?

He can go back to making movies. He's pretty good at that.

Back
Top Bottom