• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

why white western christians converting to islam?

Men or women, generally, it is the ignorant who convert to Islam or continue with it.

not even ignorant convert to hinduism
Actually I live in the west and Hinduism is loads more popular than Islam. I think i can only remember one person I knew converting to Islam (and he was a white westerner), and he did that after having a rather full on LSD trip and hearing voices (true story).
On the other hand loads and loads of people adopt Hindu practices etc... though whether that makes them Hindu, I have no idea.

BTW , thanks Syed. This thread is hillarious :D

not even ignorant convert to hinduism
Actually I live in the west and Hinduism is loads more popular than Islam. I think i can only remember one person I knew converting to Islam (and he was a white westerner), and he did that after having a rather full on LSD trip and hearing voices (true story).
On the other hand loads and loads of people adopt Hindu practices etc... though whether that makes them Hindu, I have no idea.

When Evangelicals say something that sounds insane or out of touch with reality, it's because Evangelical leaders are spreading falsehoods to their followers, so you can't really blame the followers. Islam seems to operate similarly to Evangelicals. Syed probably fell for all the "Islam is the fastest growing religion" stuff, and didn't bother to check out the numbers for himself.

http://religions.pewforum.org/pdf/report-religious-landscape-study-chapter-2.pdf

Just for the record, according to this study Hinduism is not growing as quickly as Islam in America. Hinduism has a net change of zero, so people are leaving the faith as quickly as new members join it, while Islam has a net change of +0.1%. The fastest growing category (as is usually the case in these studies) is "none of the above" which grew by +8.8%, although those who identify as atheist grew by only +1.1%.

Did you catch that, Syed? Atheism is growing ten times as quickly as Islam. The people who told you that everyone in the West is rushing to join Islam lied to you. Of course, since you behave like a Christian Evangelical, you are going to form your conclusions based on  confirmation bias and continue to insist that your information is correct and that mine is wrong.

When Evangelicals say something that sounds insane or out of touch with reality, it's because Evangelical leaders are spreading falsehoods to their followers, so you can't really blame the followers. Islam seems to operate similarly to Evangelicals. Syed probably fell for all the "Islam is the fastest growing religion" stuff, and didn't bother to check out the numbers for himself.

http://religions.pewforum.org/pdf/report-religious-landscape-study-chapter-2.pdf

Just for the record, according to this study Hinduism is not growing as quickly as Islam in America. Hinduism has a net change of zero, so people are leaving the faith as quickly as new members join it, while Islam has a net change of +0.1%. The fastest growing category (as is usually the case in these studies) is "none of the above" which grew by +8.8%, although those who identify as atheist grew by only +1.1%.

Did you catch that, Syed? Atheism is growing ten times as quickly as Islam. The people who told you that everyone in the West is rushing to join Islam lied to you. Of course, since you behave like a Christian Evangelical, you are going to form your conclusions based on  confirmation bias and continue to insist that your information is correct and that mine is wrong.

Atheism is growing ten times as quickly as Islam.

i understand what are you saying but remember atheism is NOT permanent RESIDENT,( atheism is like play ground of confusion for christians ) like i said in my OP that christians became atheist than converting to islam

islam is FINAL abode for christians

i understand what are you saying but remember atheism is NOT permanent RESIDENT,( atheism is like play ground of confusion for christians ) like i said in my OP that christians became atheist than converting to islam

I don't think you understand what I am saying at all. You made demographic claims that are demonstrably false, and rather than own up to the fact that your claims were wrong, you are now trying to bolster them using ad hoc fallacies.

i understand what are you saying but remember atheism is NOT permanent RESIDENT
Speaking as a Christain who left the Church at the age of 8 and realized I was an atheist at about 19, and am now 51... I gotta say you have no idea what you're talking about.
like i said in my OP that christians became atheist than converting to islam
No. No, they're not.
So Islam is for people that failed at Christainity, failed at atheism, and failed at multiple partner wild schmex....

Those of us that master atheism, or master the multiple partner wild sex, don't have to end up there.

Oh! Where do they go when they fail Islam? Hindu? Mormon?

Just for the record, according to this study Hinduism is not growing as quickly as Islam in America. .
I'm not in America, but I'm not even sure how one becomes a Hindu. Western religions seem to focus on becoming a member...joining the cult...er...club .Eastern religions seem to focus more on the experience, though I could be wrong on this, it's just my thoughts on it

Joseph Campbell observed that in any meeting of differing religious orders, the monks got along great. They shared their observations of the mystical experience and knew what each other was talking about.

The priests of any two religious traditions got into the fights, insisting that the common experiences be properly attributed, labeled, fit into the REAL religious framework.

I think by 'becoming' a member of a religion, you use that religion's jargon to explain the experience you're having, or want to have.

Just for the record, according to this study Hinduism is not growing as quickly as Islam in America. .
I'm not in America, but I'm not even sure how one becomes a Hindu. Western religions seem to focus on becoming a member...joining the cult...er...club .Eastern religions seem to focus more on the experience, though I could be wrong on this, it's just my thoughts on it

Where in the West do you live?

Because we can probably find statistics to either prove or disprove your assertion. I suspect that no matter where in the West you live, the difference between the rate of conversion to Islam and Hinduism are negligible compared to the rate at which they abandon religion altogether.

Speaking as a Christain who left the Church at the age of 8 and realized I was an atheist at about 19, and am now 51... I gotta say you have no idea what you're talking about.
like i said in my OP that christians became atheist than converting to islam
No. No, they're not.
So Islam is for people that failed at Christainity, failed at atheism, and failed at multiple partner wild schmex....

Those of us that master atheism, or master the multiple partner wild sex, don't have to end up there.

islam is last in food chain, islam is like shark in ultimate truth

I don't think you understand what I am saying at all. You made demographic claims that are demonstrably false, and rather than own up to the fact that your claims were wrong, you are now trying to bolster them using ad hoc fallacies.

in my OP i only explain what the reason christian converting to islam thats all

Speaking as a Christain who left the Church at the age of 8 and realized I was an atheist at about 19, and am now 51... I gotta say you have no idea what you're talking about. No. No, they're not.

So you're saying no one ever, ever converts away from islam, even to seek multiple partners and wild sex, drugs and bare midriffs? Playboy channel?

Bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

But it doesn't make any sense, Syed.
That's all.

Speaking as a Christain who left the Church at the age of 8 and realized I was an atheist at about 19, and am now 51... I gotta say you have no idea what you're talking about. No. No, they're not.

Last in food chain? Tell that to the battered flake and chips at the local fish & chip shop.

Islam is like a shark - scary looking and widely feared, but in imminent danger of extinction.

Christians convert to Islam so they can kill other Muslims without all that guilt Christians have to endure.

Christians convert to Islam so they can kill other Muslims without all that guilt Christians have to endure.

that propaganda is non sense

remember muslims won war on terror big time without spending trillions of dollars

remember muslims won war on terror big time without spending trillions of dollars

Well, we never actually gave a shit about the war on terror and just used it as an excuse to funnel trillions of dollars of taxpayer money into the pockets of the top 1% of our society.

Boo-yah!

White men for the win ... again.

Spoiler alert. We're going to win next time, too. We're not even going to come up with a new strategy. We're just going to do the exact same thing and still have it work just as well.

We're the fucking supervillians, dude. You're just a minion.

I think it is the 73 virgins that are attracting the white chrisitan men.

Well, no. Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, Kenya, Somalia, Yemen, on and on, the Islamic world is sunk in a vast swamp of terrorism and mass murder. Islam is a source of terrorism and it seems year by year to steadily get worse.

Syed, they can't even win the war on terror among themselves, much least defeat an external foe. You're all too busy blowing each other up over who Mohammed's true successors were to be any real threat, one you could possibly be if you were united. Take a good hard look at the leaders in your countries, friend. They lecture you and your brethren about Islam, purity and all manner of insane trivialities while they drive expensive cars, enjoy Western music, watch Western movies, eat western food, trade with the Western world, visit the West, and all the while blame the West for your condition, your problems, while they use you and your families, take your money and offer you a pittance to live on. The Middle East is much like the West, I'm afraid, just intensified. Your people fall for it hook, line and sinker. They take your money and ruin your economies in collusion with the West all the while pointing fingers and shouting "Infidel!" at Israel and the West to keep you all so hopping mad at us that you rarely question yourselves. Perhaps one day your people will rise up and not just throw off the shackles of yet another dictator that will be replaced by yet one more, but rise up and toss off the shackles of your sorry religion that each and every dictator has used to manipulate you into doing his bidding. THEN you will be free, and not before. EVERY time you finally get rid of some dirtbag, the first thing they do is vote in a theocracy. You shackle yourselves. You make your own chains.

I don't know why you call it nonsense. Every time I turn on the news, there are stories of Muslims blowing up Mosques, schools and police stations. If that is called winning, I'm not sure what losing looks like.

Do Muslims have a special kind of victory in which the person who is killed and all his property is demolished, is considered a winner?

Back
Top Bottom