• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Biden drop out? Who replaces him?

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - one has to go back a century or more to find Presidents as horrible as Donald Trump: Warren Harding, Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan.

It is true that Woodrow Wilson was more than a century from now, and he was indeed the worst president this country ever had. Still, Bush the Second was also worse than Trump. Bush W gave us the DHS and the GWOT.
One of the few times I've come close to agreeing with you. The reason why it is not complete agreement is because Trump doesn't know what unintended consequences are nor can he spell either word unless a man or a person is holding a camera or TV in front of a woman.

Bush Jnr was and is an idiot. Trump could kick off WWIII in all caps - something I don't expect you to understand because you still harbour the illusion Brandon is the bigger warmonger.

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - one has to go back a century or more to find Presidents as horrible as Donald Trump: Warren Harding, Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan.

It is true that Woodrow Wilson was more than a century from now, and he was indeed the worst president this country ever had. Still, Bush the Second was also worse than Trump. Bush W gave us the DHS and the GWOT.
One of the few times I've come close to agreeing with you. The reason why it is not complete agreement is because Trump doesn't know what unintended consequences are nor can he spell either word unless a man or a person is holding a camera or TV in front of a woman.

Bush Jnr was and is an idiot. Trump could kick off WWIII in all caps - something I don't expect you to understand because you still harbour the illusion Brandon is the bigger warmonger.
I doubt Trump has any idea what those acronyms mean.

So Joe actually did it. Now we have to face the really big question - will Democrats actually vote for a black female?
I do worry about that. There is more veiled racism and sexism in the center-left/undecided bloc than most would like to admit... even to a pollster. The sanctity of the voting booth/envelope is a precious but dangerous thing.

Nah. The GOP/Trump don't have to have a serious sit-down and rethink anything. They're constantly in attack mode and by tomorrow morning they'll just be rehashing the same shit they've talked about her for four years. It doesn't matter if what they say is true. They breathe lies into the world on a minute by minute basis. The well worn saying, "It's easier to tell a lie than it is to disprove it" (or whatever the saying is) applies here. They'll just start making shit up and their gullible masses will instantly buy in.

As for Harris, well, whatever. Deny the problems all you want, but she's a poor choice IMO. I think she's infinitely more qualified than Trump, but as recent history has shown and is still showing, being qualified for the job of being POTUS just isn't a thing anymore. I'll certainly vote for her, but millions of racist, misogynist assholes who might not have voted will be inspired to get their ass to the ballot box. And as others have already pointed out, racists don't solely reside in the GOP.

Early word has it that big donors are going to support Harris, so that's good. However, we're dealing with a significant portion of the poorer population who give money they can't afford to a fake billionaire.

So... Whatever.

It was not about age. Both men were old. It was about one man being demented and another merely stupid and shitty, and being stupid/shitty is not a disqualifying factor in US elections.

This is the end for Trump. The media will have to switch their "Biden is too old" to "Trump is too old", as he will be the oldest person to ever run for POTUS. Plus they will now have the opportunity to look at all of Trump's flaws, and to publicize them.

No, that's the narrative if the race is just about trashing Trump to make Harris look better. That alternative way to look at it is that Kamala Harris represents a new generation of leadership. Joe Biden did say that he would be a bridge to a younger generation of leadership, and now he has become just that.

Both Donald Trump and Joe Biden have shown that they lack the fitness to serve another four years, but for somewhat different reasons. Biden suffers from age-related health issues, but Trump is simply a convicted criminal who still faces trials on other felony counts. If the race were still between those two, we could say that both parties had fielded unqualified candidates. But the Democrats forced their unqualified candidate out. The Republicans kept theirs. And that changes the entire dynamic of the campaign, because Democrats can now move forward as a unified party with a broad coalition. Republicans are stuck trying to defend the sex predator criminal felon who can't stop lying, drives foreign allies away, praises hostile governments run by dictators, and shows contempt for the rule of law.

This is the end for Trump. The media will have to switch their "Biden is too old" to "Trump is too old", as he will be the oldest person to ever run for POTUS. Plus they will now have the opportunity to look at all of Trump's flaws, and to publicize them.
If they’re not too busy vetting Harris. She’ll be the new shiny object to discuss and Trump will get more passes as talking about his lies and legal troubles is getting boring. With all his trials delayed there likely won’t be anything new to report on him.

Maybe something will happen if there’s another debate, this time between Harris and Trump. Unless the Democratic Party implodes and can’t figure out how to pick an actual nominee.

The well worn saying, "It's easier to tell a lie than it is to disprove it" (or whatever the saying is) applies here. They'll just start making shit up and their gullible masses will instantly buy in.
And they prefer the lie.
"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than that needed to produce it."

Joe Biden did say that he would be a bridge to a younger generation of leadership, and now he has become just that.
Kind of hard not to be when 81.
“Look, I view myself as a bridge, not as anything else. There’s an entire generation of leaders you saw stand behind me. They are the future of this country.”

No, that's the narrative if the race is just about trashing Trump to make Harris look better. That alternative way to look at it is that Kamala Harris represents a new generation of leadership. Joe Biden did say that he would be a bridge to a younger generation of leadership, and now he has become just that.

Both Donald Trump and Joe Biden have shown that they lack the fitness to serve another four years, but for somewhat different reasons. Biden suffers from age-related health issues, but Trump is simply a convicted criminal who still faces trials on other felony counts. If the race were still between those two, we could say that both parties had fielded unqualified candidates. But the Democrats forced their unqualified candidate out. The Republicans kept theirs. And that changes the entire dynamic of the campaign, because Democrats can now move forward as a unified party with a broad coalition. Republicans are stuck trying to defend the sex predator criminal felon who can't stop lying, drives foreign allies away, praises hostile governments run by dictators, and shows contempt for the rule of law.
They can do both, if they have any integrity. This coming election is not just about the two parties and the character of their candidates for many positions, but it a test of the mainstream media as well. A test that they are currently failing, but they still have a chance to try to retain some relevance.

I do have my doubts about a Harris victory, but I love that a former prosecutor will be running against a felon, who has more charges that haven't been tried yet. I will vote for any Democrat who runs against Trump, but I do like that Harris has experience as a prosecutor.

It's bullshit that Black people and South Asian people won't stand behind her. A lot of Black women are already going nuts praising her, but a lot of them are also worried about it being difficult for a woman, especially a Black woman to become president at this time.

One interesting thing that a woman of Indian heritage wrote in an article I read last night, was that a lot of South Asians are prejudiced toward Black people. Racism come in all shades.

Sorry I didn't save a link. I read about 25 different pieces last night to try and get an idea how people were perceiving this race and Harris as a candidate. There was the good, the bad and the ugly. :(

It was not about age. Both men were old.
You say that like you are an old person. Trust me, the 20+ year olds in the US saw this as a sketch from Up.
It was about one man being demented and another merely stupid and shitty, and being stupid/shitty is not a disqualifying factor in US elections.
Still selling the demented thing? Trump has had as many vocal fuckups as Biden, and brags about passing a hard competency test. Can't walk around easily or manage ramps well. Trump gets the pass because he has enough stamina to project energy in a speech. Trump also just has to run for President, while Biden actually had to be President.

I doubt Trump has any idea what those acronyms mean.
But he has The Best people to ‘Splain it to him, except that most of them are in jail.

What's all this talk about Biden drop out being fake?
I mean all we have is TwitterX post of a letter with some claim a fake signature.

we're dealing with a significant portion of the poorer population who give money they can't afford to a fake billionaire.
Plus Elon buying himself a potential President for the low low bargain price (because the candidate's desperate and his life is forfeit if he loses) of $45m/mo for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom