• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Biden drop out? Who replaces him?

I have a CT.
What if it was planned?
Biden is playing chess to their checkers.
Get the repugs all thinking one thing, then, BANG do a switcherue.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/0...e_code=1.9E0.DOQk.YELY8OxyNO5M&smid=url-share

The Harris campaign announced that it raised $81 million in her first 24 hours as a presidential candidate.

22election-live-81mill2-hlkw-articleLarge.jpg

Credit...Jim Wilson/The New York Times
Nicholas Nehamas
July 22, 2024, 3:49 p.m. ET16 minutes ago
16 minutes ago
Nicholas Nehamas
The Harris one-day total outstrips the nearly $53 million that Donald J. Trump raised after his criminal conviction, itself an eye-popping sum for a presidential candidate. And it also eclipses the roughly $72 million that President Biden raised in the first quarter after he began his re-election campaign in April 2023.

You go girl! :D

And the following is pretty interesting. Trump gave money to Harris as recent ago as 2014. Now he's going to attack the person who he gave money to when she ran for Attorney General. I don't believe that her lack of action had anything to do with his little donation, but I'm sure some will try to attack her for it. Plus Ivanka gave her money too and most people know that the Trump family were previously Democrats. Imo, Trump likely changed parties because the Republicans were easier to manipulate, by promising them a bunch of crap.

Long before former President Donald J. Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris were barreling toward a potential presidential showdown in November, Mr. Trump was one of her donors.

Mr. Trump donated $6,000 to Ms. Harris’s campaign when she was just beginning her career in statewide politics as a center-left prosecutor from San Francisco seeking to become California’s attorney general. Mr. Trump’s first donation, for $5,000, came in 2011, and he made an additional $1,000 contribution in 2014.

His daughter, Ivanka, also gave Ms. Harris’s campaign $2,000 in 2014, according to records first reported by the Sacramento Bee.

Ms. Harris, whose values have been shaped as much by the state’s tough-on-crime 1990s as by the Bay Area’s progressive politics, has long been a draw for Democratic donors. She raised more than $50 million in less than 24 hours after entering the 2024 race for president, her campaign said, as Democrats welcomed her candidacy with one of the greatest gushers of cash of all time.

Mr. Trump’s donations came at a time when he was facing a class-action lawsuit into whether Trump University bilked students out of money. Ms. Harris’s office never took action against the entity; officials working for Ms. Harris said at the time the donations had nothing to do with that lack of action.

Harris and Trump campaign officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Maggie Haberman contributed reporting.

There's all kind of information in the article which I'm "gifting" if anyone cares to read more.

Joe Manchin is talking about switching back to the Democratic Party so he can throw his ego into the ring for the nomination.

As quickly as the party is coalescing behind Harris, I say let him do it so they can drop the house on him.

Back
Top Bottom