• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Biden drop out? Who replaces him?

Linking this from Twitter ( I know I know) but it’s a must view/listen to:
Actually it’s not.

You’re welcome (y)
It is true that not everyone has the ….bandwidth to hear what she’s saying. Especially those who have a big problem with its a she who is saying it.

Actually it’s not.

You’re welcome (y)
It is true that not everyone has the ….bandwidth to hear what she’s saying. Especially those who have a big problem with its a she who is saying it.
To save other members from suffering almost 20 minutes of self indulgent drivel, why don’t you summarize it and say why it is a “must view” ?

Also, I thought posting video links without saying what it is was frowned upon.

Last edited:

My ancient Netbook runs AntiX Linux, which comes with a rather nifty blacklist option for social media sites.

Not only do I not have to view that, I cannot do so without editing my blacklist settings (these also block most ads, gambling sites, and fake news sites, using an editable blacklist provided by the OS writiers).

All I see is:

screenshot.jpg
It's one of my favourite features of AntiX - simple but effective.

Actually it’s not.

You’re welcome (y)
To save other members from suffering almost 20 minutes of self indulgent drivel, why don’t you summarize it and say why it is a “must view” ?
The irony is killing me.

It is a critique of the media manufacturing and driving “narratives” by confusing opinion with fact.

TSwizzle said:
Frown away.

Actually it’s not.

You’re welcome (y)

It’s interesting that you call Dr. pearson’s video self indulgent drivel, particularly given your demonstrated media preferences.

Your frown, in this case, seems like a ringing endorsement but point taken. I’ll give a very brief recap:

She points out, in great detail, exactly how the media has abandoned their journalistic duty in the pursuit of money, and at the expense of the public.

Actually it’s not.

You’re welcome (y)

It’s interesting that you call Dr. pearson’s video self indulgent drivel, particularly given your demonstrated media preferences.
It doesn’t matter what my media preferences are, drivel is drivel.
Your frown, in this case, seems like a ringing endorsement but point taken. I’ll give a very brief recap:
Since I said it was drivel, how did you construe that it was an endorsement?

She points out, in great detail, exactly how the media has abandoned their journalistic duty in the pursuit of money, and at the expense of the public.
This is a revelation only to you. I think most people on this board are aware.

Not a must view.

Actually it’s not.

You’re welcome (y)

Not a must view.
I’m sorry to not have properly considered your reasoning skills. What I am saying is that your pronouncement of something as drivel is a de facto endorsement for rational people.

Especially since you seem to not have watched the clip. It’s fascinating just how you can reach conclusions without actually listening to what someone is saying. You may correctly infer that when I wrote fascinating, I was doing my part to stay within the board’s TOU.

I’m sorry to not have properly considered your reasoning skills. What I am saying is that your pronouncement of something as drivel is a de facto endorsement for rational people.
If you say so. Nevertheless, there is nothing in this anonymous woman’s diatribe that is “must view”. What did she say in that 20 minutes that was “must view”? What was the unique perspective, the never thought of before angle this genius bestows upon us? Tell the audience the exact minute in the video where the genius reveals what was not known before.

It was one fucking debate. JFC. He's done extraordinarily well before and since. If you're doubting Biden right now, you're just falling for fear mongering bullshit. And yes, journalistic integrity is in the toilet because coverage of the Authoritarian party translates into huge profits and capitalism is king.

If you say so. Nevertheless, there is nothing in this anonymous woman’s diatribe that is “must view”. What did she say in that 20 minutes that was “must view”? What was the unique perspective, the never thought of before angle this genius bestows upon us? Tell the audience the exact minute in the video where the genius reveals what was not known before.
What anonymous woman? She identifies herself and presents her bona fides.

Actually it’s not.

You’re welcome (y)

It is an observation based on the contents of your posts.
Given your obsession with posting from the Daily Fail, it is pretty clear you are not in that "most" category.
Not a must view.

What anonymous woman? She identifies herself and presents her bona fides.
just because you are an avid follower of this Internet personality does not mean she is widely known. But you still haven’t answered the question and I don’t think you will so I guess we are done here.

If it were about his ability to lead they would be asking him to step down now. They are not because it is about his ability to win the election.
The last few years have put the leadership questions to rest, IMO. He was far from my first choice, but has outperformed all expectations and then some.
Yeah. He's got the usual flaw of Democrats in attempting to negotiate with those who aren't interested in negotiating, but he's done a decent job. That's what I care about in a president. The very fact that he doesn't make waves is a good thing.

It was one fucking debate. JFC. He's done extraordinarily well before and since. If you're doubting Biden right now, you're just falling for fear mongering bullshit. And yes, journalistic integrity is in the toilet because coverage of the Authoritarian party translates into huge profits and capitalism is king.
But it's more than one fucking debate. I'm a Dem, now and forever; would never vote for any candidate who belongs to the venomous, antidemocratic Republican Party with its mentally ill leader. But the fact is, appearances matter, and Biden looked and sounded played out in his inauguration week. At his earliest press conferences as Pres., he had the weary tones and breathy delivery of advanced old age. Things have progressed since then -- the stiff gait, the hesitant steps, the slack-jawed appearance, the squint, the ever more wispy voice. Younger voters -- who use today's partisan news sources -- aren't likely to find any confidence in Biden's ability to perform. When the President says he's going to cut back his evening hours and get more sleep, that's a very dodgy proposal to make... Biden has a good record to run on, and it's unfair as hell, but all that is undercut by the advancing years. He cannot see himself objectively, and that led to the miscalculation to run again. He has my vote, no question. But the assessments I just described were all there in January 2021, just not in as dramatic a form. He looks as haggard as FDR in the '44 election season. If he sees the threat to democracy as urgently as he tells us, he should consider stepping off the scene and asking for an open convention. (Not gonna happen, my realist side tells me.)

But it's more than one fucking debate. I'm a Dem, now and forever; would never vote for any candidate who belongs to the venomous, antidemocratic Republican Party with its mentally ill leader. But the fact is, appearances matter, and Biden looked and sounded played out in his inauguration week. At his earliest press conferences as Pres., he had the weary tones and breathy delivery of advanced old age. Things have progressed since then -- the stiff gait, the hesitant steps, the slack-jawed appearance, the squint, the ever more wispy voice. Younger voters -- who use today's partisan news sources -- aren't likely to find any confidence in Biden's ability to perform. When the President says he's going to cut back his evening hours and get more sleep, that's a very dodgy proposal to make... Biden has a good record to run on, and it's unfair as hell, but all that is undercut by the advancing years. He cannot see himself objectively, and that led to the miscalculation to run again. He has my vote, no question. But the assessments I just described were all there in January 2021, just not in as dramatic a form. He looks as haggard as FDR in the '44 election season. If he sees the threat to democracy as urgently as he tells us, he should consider stepping off the scene and asking for an open convention. (Not gonna happen, my realist side tells me.)
Here's the thing:

We have two candidates who each had a term as POTUS. It is easy to compare the two.

Trump botched the response to the pandemic and tanked the economy and tried to overturn the results of a fair and free election that he lost and was more than ready to throw his VP to the crowds Trump had helped rile up. He burned bridges with long time allies in favor of cozying up to dictators like Putin and Kim Jong Un. Oh, he's a convicted felon facing many more charges, including ones that could result in life in prison if convicted. He's a known rapist and bankrupt businessman and a cheat.

Biden has done a pretty decent job getting the economy back on track, restored our relationships with valuable allies and has made good progress on progressive agenda items, despite having a divided Congress to work with. He's sane, ethical and a decent human being.

Both have kids with serious drug problems.

Here's the thing:

We have two candidates who each had a term as POTUS. It is easy to compare the two.

Trump botched the response to the pandemic and tanked the economy and tried to overturn the results of a fair and free election that he lost and was more than ready to throw his VP to the crowds Trump had helped rile up. He burned bridges with long time allies in favor of cozying up to dictators like Putin and Kim Jong Un. Oh, he's a convicted felon facing many more charges, including ones that could result in life in prison if convicted. He's a known rapist and bankrupt businessman and a cheat.

Biden has done a pretty decent job getting the economy back on track, restored our relationships with valuable allies and has made good progress on progressive agenda items, despite having a divided Congress to work with. He's sane, ethical and a decent human being.

Both have kids with serious drug problems.

I can understand the sense of urgency. Isn't there one more debate in early September? If he bombs that we are thoroughly fucked. Four more years? I'm worried our horse won't make it to the starting gate.
It matters not. There's no way the Dems look any further than Harris. Harris, who would have a scant few months to build her likeability factor. Good luck with that. God, if she could just not cackle.

Will this be us, Wednesday, September 11th?
images.jpg

Will this be us, Wednesday, September 11th?
images.jpg
I expect so.
Sorry, America. It was a good run.

Back
Top Bottom